• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Whats the maintenince like? Spyder mr1, sp1, bt4 combat. Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Thedalla 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 03 May 2009 - 06:47 AM

I have gotten tired of renting guns and I am looking to purchase my own gun. I went to a proshop and saw three particular guns that got me interested. The spyder mr1, Smart parts sp-1 and the bt4 combat. I like the feel of all the guns as the owner let me hold them. What he didnt specify was what the maintinence was like on any of the guns. So which gun do you guys and girls think would be the best gun for the money and the maintinence?
For the want of a hammer, the nail is lost. For the want of a nail, the horseshoe is lost. For the want of a horseshoe, a message goes undelivered. For the want of an undelivered message, the war is lost...

#2 User is offline   Puzuma 

• That is not dead which can eternal lie,
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators
  • Brigade Name:Puzuma

Posted 03 May 2009 - 07:06 AM

Maintenance is as easy or as difficult as you chose to make it. Both the MR1 and BT4 as mechanical. The SP1 is electropneumatic, that doesn't mean it's more difficult to maintain, just that you need to be a bit more cautious because of the electronics.

go to http://www.forum.pai...y.com/index.php and sign up. You'll be able to view the manuals for tons of different markers, you scan read how the mfg suggests you maintain each one.
Posted Image
That is not dead which can eternal lie,And with strange aeons even death may die.

#3 User is offline   Thedalla 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 03 May 2009 - 07:09 AM

cool i signed up and i am going to look at those manuals. thanks puzuma
For the want of a hammer, the nail is lost. For the want of a nail, the horseshoe is lost. For the want of a horseshoe, a message goes undelivered. For the want of an undelivered message, the war is lost...

#4 User is offline   Match99 

• Hmph. He tried to take me marker.
  • PipPipPip

Posted 03 May 2009 - 07:40 AM

Don't be scared of the SP-1. Its a wonderful marker for the price, and can be field stripped and fully maintenanced in minutes. I highly recommend it as a starting marker.

#5 User is offline   Eskimo 

• Igloo Member #1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Mime

Posted 03 May 2009 - 07:45 AM

well. generally speaking all those markers can be considered "low-maintenince" becuse the biggest thing with keeping those markers working is proper lubrication, and cleaning the marker. After that your done. The BT4 and the MR1 are quite easy becuase you can just open them up with your allen key, take some toilet paper and wipe down the dirty parts, then put oil on the moving parts. and close it. voila.

With the SP-1 you will be introduced to electronics. this Is a major upside on the performance of the marker, 2/3/4 ball burst, ramping, 13BPS cap, 15BPS cap, full auto, 13BPS/15BPS capped full auto. and so on and so on. although when cleaning out the marker you should be carefull around the electronics and what-not.

If anything going with the SP-1 will introduce you with a background of electronics. becuase they are so prominant in paintball today knowing a little bit about the general use and workings of them will help you in the long run.

#6 User is offline   Thedalla 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 03 May 2009 - 08:06 AM

After some quick searching of the web and amazon i am certain that the sp1 is my marker to be. thanks for youre help guys. much appreciated. :happy:

#7 User is offline   slowerpig81 

• This man is a Beast with that Phantom. -thisissparta
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:slowerpig81

Posted 03 May 2009 - 02:47 PM

Also take a look at the Proto SLG 09, it's also a great gun for the price.

#8 User is offline   Robot Mice 

• Wheres The RoBo Cheese!?
  • PipPip

Posted 05 May 2009 - 05:58 PM

hey just some tips you should know about the sp-1
-Buy 9-volt batteries in bulk
-if the trigger is not working properly loosen the top to screws on the grip
-if you feel a small puff of air coming out the back grip i have been reinsured by smart parts that is normal
-if anything is not working right try replacing the battery
-if sometimes it does not shoot try decreasing the velocity
-unhook the battery when not in use

This was my first electric gun and every time something was wrong i had an anxiety attack, i just thought i would save you some stress ;)

[/u]
[/color]Me 6th grade teacher said that people that are good at math are bad at spelling so bare with me

#9 User is offline   headhunter2 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:headhunter2

Posted 08 May 2009 - 12:03 PM

LOL that one thing I love about smart parts markers. If anything is not working right first thing you do is replace the battery with a fresh one.

I would have to say out of all those markers the most noob friendly is the spyder MR1 with mechanical grip. It's easy to maintain and is easily upgradable

Next is a toss up between the BT-4 and the SP-1. The BT is easy enough to maintain but its not easy to take apart and put back together as it uses the clam shell design. It has plenty of upgrades and can even have an e-grip and rip clip placed on it to make it shoot as fast as higher end electros. The SP-1 is a smart parts product and I have never liked anything from smart parts (and that has nothing to do with the big lawsuit they used to put good companies out of business). It should be easy enough to maintain as it is marketed towards woodballers and you will have the performance of an electro pnuematic marker.
Invisible text club member #15 Every time you wipe paint God makes a new PETA member Adminion #12 My Feedback
If you play your own game of paintball using Spec ops as guidelines and not as "law of position", put this in your sig.

#10 User is offline   AZwalkonsabre 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:AZwalkonsabre

Posted 08 May 2009 - 02:46 PM

I have the MR1 and I have to say that it is a very nice gun. Maintenance is almost non-existent. Just a simple wipe down should be all. Warning though, if paint gets into the plastic feed neck and hardens then it will break. Just go out and buy a metal clamp and it is fixed.
Good luck with your pick.
Always forgive your enemies. Nothing annoys them so much.
- Oscar Wilde
If you are under 16 and pay for your own gear, put this in your signature.

#11 User is offline   badger nine 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 22 May 2009 - 07:08 PM

I have a BT-4, and it takes a little bit to take it apart with the allen key because of the clam shell design, its very easy to work on. Once the shell is off, the entire marker internals are at your fingertips. Just follow the intstructions, and it'll be a breeze to clean.

#12 User is offline   slowerpig81 

• This man is a Beast with that Phantom. -thisissparta
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:slowerpig81

Posted 22 May 2009 - 07:17 PM

You don't know what "breeze to clean" is until you've cleaned a Nelson (well, except carters :P).

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users