Special Ops Paintball: again positions - Special Ops Paintball

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

again positions my picks for postions Rate Topic: -----

Poll: brigade team positions (3 member(s) have cast votes)

what should really get a spot in the bridade page

1. medic (3 votes [42.86%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 42.86%

2. engineer (1 votes [14.29%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 14.29%

3. spy / intel (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

4. tank killer (1 votes [14.29%] - View)

5. black op (1 votes [14.29%] - View)

6. mercinary (1 votes [14.29%] - View)

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 User is offline   derek dammit 

• just a guy
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:dammit

Posted 26 December 2010 - 04:27 PM

i have a team of 9 we usually play 2 squad of 4 the 9th is our medic his uses only a pistol, a vest with a fist aid pouch with only a rag in it great for scenario, when we're in the bush our ninth doubles as an engineer and sets paintmines and grenages and stuff and dam he does a great job! so i think absoulutly
that in the brigade both a medic and an engineer should defifinatly have their own spot for brigade mems to have thier own mark no matter how their team conducts them! i saw a spy someone posted i think a spy/intel would also be awesome but theres alot of people out there that play the roles of medics especially that deserve a spot in the brigade page, with its own spec ops patch.has anyone went to play by themselves and played on another team i have so does that make you a mercinary? i think that given the right scenario it could be a great idea for a position as well!

well thanks for reading dammit 170027!

This post has been edited by derek dammit: 26 December 2010 - 04:28 PM

#2 User is offline   Thalion 

• Probably in the Shooters Thread...
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 December 2010 - 05:06 PM

None should "get a spot."

All of these are scenario-specific roles, dependent on the rules of the actual event. A "medic" does not have the same standard rules/position at every event (a lot of events don't have them at all).

Now, assuming you're a follower of the whole positions idea -- the ones that are in existence are all positions that can be applied to any game, woodsball open play up[ through the most complicated scenario. You have people who run light and hit the front, you've got guys that hang back and suppress, and the guys who do a mix.

And that is why they exist -- because they can be used in any field, at any time. Specialty roles unique to a specific scenario event can't, and aren't "positions" as a result.

The only one with any case is the tank killer, and even then I don't think it has enough to be considered its own position.
Member of Team Akkadian

#3 User is offline   Down Range Pain 

• Holy Necropost Batman!
  • PipPipPip

Posted 26 December 2010 - 05:16 PM

i think the best way to handle any scenario based position, is to give every scenario based position, one slot, so instead of saying 'I played as tank killer or medic in todays game' on the brigade, u say 'I played a scenario based position'
that keeps it simple, its a term that can be applyed to every scenario position, maybe not every game and every field, but if u dont play at a field where you play that then the option apply to you

u end up with, like Dagger, Broadswowrd, Scenario Specific Position(for lack of a better term), and etc.

This post has been edited by Down Range Pain: 26 December 2010 - 05:21 PM

Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.” --Martin Luther King Jr.

"Victory is a very dangerous oppertunity" --General Andre Beaufre

#4 User is offline   derek dammit 

• just a guy
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:dammit

Posted 27 December 2010 - 09:30 AM

then all the 'every game (non specific' positions' are already taken in the brigade (in my opinion) so whats wrong with throwing up scenario specific ones to give the ideas to some players new or old, this is why i dont do forums people arent looking in the box, i joined spec ops because of the info and ideas of comunity paintball, and new players who come across the brigade who see the postions and how the pages are set up i dont think will start other postions, so why not give em specific ones at the same time giving older players like myself greater options to play and use the brigade pages, if this is the case then i guess ive joined the brigade for the wrong reasons

This post has been edited by derek dammit: 27 December 2010 - 09:39 AM

#5 User is offline   Thalion 

• Probably in the Shooters Thread...
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 December 2010 - 11:03 AM

Honestly, I have yet to met anybody outside of a brand new player who actually looked at the positions as the only options or ways to play a game of paintball.

We do think outside the box, all the time.

Greater options for brigade use? Maybe. Greater options for playing? The brigade isn't limiting you; you are limiting you. Play what you want and have fun.

The positions are just a marketing tool and an early guideline for players who are still figuring out what exactly they like doing (whether it's running light, shooting a ton of paint, trying to be a sneaky guy, whatever)
Member of Team Akkadian

#6 User is offline   Krazy8 

• User Defined
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator
  • Brigade Name:Krazy8

Posted 27 December 2010 - 11:41 AM

I have played every one of your poll options at one point or another during different scenario games across the country.

And I must say that I agree. They have no place in the Brigade positions since they are scenario specific roles that only exist for those games.

It would be similar to try and add "Mad Scientist" or "Helicopter Door Gunner" as a Brigade positions. Yes the roles exist, just not in every game.

I would however be interested to see stuff like you suggest as a subset...like a tag you could add to a position.

#7 User is offline   IrishMack 

• Better than You
  • PipPipPip

Posted 27 December 2010 - 12:17 PM

I'm not a huge fan of positions anyways, I don't have a specific role, I have played each position dozens of times all depending on what my team needs...except sniper, but that's besides the point. I have never played in a paintball game that requires a medic, or any of the other roles mentioned in the poll...I guess I just don't play enough big scenarios. But for the games I do play, we normally don't have any of those roles.
"I could be your third wheel."
"You know that's not a good thing right?"
"Of course it is, it adds more grip, greater stability"

"Gives it color he says, it'll look good he says...Filthy liar" (in regards to Puzuma)

#8 User is offline   Iron__Man 

• My boomstick is bigger than yours...
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Iron_Man

Posted 27 December 2010 - 08:33 PM

the problem isnt the actual position name its the fact that most paintballers have probably never seen a field much less an actual scenario game. 90% of the people i run into when i bring up paintball say something along the lines of "my friends and i were shooting at eachother in someone's backyard". then when i tell them what scenario paintball is like, they want me to sign them up like i was a recruiter for the army or something. lol.

i think there's something to the scenario position sub tag. that would be cool.
Posted Image Posted Image
THE DEATH BUNNIES! - We hate your face!-

#9 User is offline   Down Range Pain 

• Holy Necropost Batman!
  • PipPipPip

Posted 27 December 2010 - 09:20 PM

View PostIron__Man, on 27 December 2010 - 09:33 PM, said:

90% of the people i run into when i bring up paintball say something along the lines of "my friends and i were shooting at eachother in someone's backyard". then when i tell them what scenario paintball is like, they want me to sign them up like i was a recruiter for the army or something. lol.

lol...is it kool if i make that my sig, if it will fit
Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.” --Martin Luther King Jr.

"Victory is a very dangerous oppertunity" --General Andre Beaufre

#10 User is offline   ger 

• Shine
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 28 December 2010 - 09:05 AM

If I'm not mistaken, Special Ops trademarked the word "woodsball" so the positions were created/invented for that type of game format. Those positions are guidelines to different types of play while in a squad on the field. So if you have a group of guys on board w/ the various positions, they all can stay organized w/ their responsibilities while moving thru the field.

The scenario is a whole 'nother world. If you are a part of a squad w/ the various positions & the broadsword in your squad is given the role of medic or engineer to play, that player doesn't stop being a broadsword just because they have a white medic armband, or a yellow engineers card, they still play like a broadsword w/in your squad - they just have the extra responsibility of wiping the commanders arm shot or clearing a mine field.

I'll buy into the extra scenario position tab, but the scenario roles themselves are way to diverse to limit to only the one/two someone feels is most important.
ger
You bought the brand, not my allegiance.

#11 User is offline   Iron__Man 

• My boomstick is bigger than yours...
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Iron_Man

Posted 28 December 2010 - 12:09 PM

View PostDown Range Pain, on 27 December 2010 - 11:20 PM, said:

View PostIron__Man, on 27 December 2010 - 09:33 PM, said:

90% of the people i run into when i bring up paintball say something along the lines of "my friends and i were shooting at eachother in someone's backyard". then when i tell them what scenario paintball is like, they want me to sign them up like i was a recruiter for the army or something. lol.

lol...is it kool if i make that my sig, if it will fit

go ahead. i'm sure my brain will rattle more quotes out eventually. lol.
Posted Image Posted Image
THE DEATH BUNNIES! - We hate your face!-

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users