Special Ops Paintball: Undertakers Present "The Paintballer's Oath" to increa - Special Ops Paintball

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Undertakers Present "The Paintballer's Oath" to increa Paintball Safety

#1 User is offline   Teddymo 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Teddymo

Posted 22 August 2007 - 07:42 PM

Paintball is growing faster than ever, but with its growth comes even more responsibility. The Undertakers Tactical Paintball Team is proud to announce the release of "The Paintballer's Oath." The oath was created as a means to let new players know that great responsibility goes along with owning their own paintball markers for purposes of their own safety and for the continued respect and growth of the sport. Too many times young players are given a marker and not informed of basic gun safety and of situations that might cause injury to themselves or harm the sport of paintball. Rising acts of vandalism and intentional injury with paintball markers hurt the identity of the sport to the detriment of those who work hardest to protect it. By releasing this Oath The Undertakers hope that it will reach the new influx of players to the game and help them realize their responsibility to the sport and especially to the paintball community. The Undertakers encourage all paintball retailers, teams, stores, magazines and websites to freely copy, post and distribute "The Paintballer's Oath" so that the Sport might continue to grow and get the respect it deserves. In addition the Undertakers hope to get feedback from the paintball community on suggestions on what they can add to the Oath to continue to improve it and better serve the Sport as a whole.

To read the oath please visit www.undertakerstpt.com/pboath.htm

The Undertakers and the Sport of Paintball thank you for your support.
Theo Teddymo Mavromihalis
Spokesman - Undertakers Tactical Paintball Team

This post has been edited by Teddymo: 22 August 2007 - 07:44 PM

#2 User is offline   Eskimo 

• Igloo Member #1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Mime

Posted 22 August 2007 - 07:49 PM

nice. I still dont get about HPA and oil. but i'm thinking its not good. ( jump in FPS maybe? )

#3 User is offline   Trooper 772 

• Special Ops. Brigade, Hit me up on Myspace homes.
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Trooper 772

Posted 22 August 2007 - 07:49 PM

Thats pretty cool, so true though haha

I saved it to my Comp, that's priceless

This post has been edited by Trooper 772: 22 August 2007 - 07:50 PM

"Chop 'em Cousin."

#4 User is offline   J-McK 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 22 August 2007 - 08:00 PM

Lol, my ex-friend purposely turned up the velocity on his gun one day, was shooting over 300. Right after we finished teh fist game of him shooting hot, we were going to tell him to turn it down. Ten my other buddy, didn't have a condom on his barrel he sat down right behind him, and his gun went off, shot him right in the back, the barrel was about 2-feet away from him when it went off. So that violated 2 of the rules. It was pretty ironic, because he got what was coming to him, and my friend didn't even mean to shoot him......

#5 User is offline   rifleman92 

• I like Cheese
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:rifleman92

Posted 22 August 2007 - 08:12 PM

I dont get the hpa and oil one

[color=#FF0000]

#6 User is offline   FullAutoPimp 

• Pump is the new auto!
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:FullAutoPimp

Posted 22 August 2007 - 08:21 PM

View Postrifleman92, on Aug 22 2007, 11:12 PM, said:

HPA + Oil = fire

See, the oath already saved someone!

Edit- To be more specific, no oil in the fill nipple of an HPA tank. Yes, you can oil your marker that runs on HPA.

This post has been edited by FullAutoPimp: 22 August 2007 - 08:27 PM

"Nothing is more exhilarating than to be shot at without result." -Winston Churchill

#7 User is offline   tauman5263 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 22 August 2007 - 08:24 PM

nice. I still dont get about HPA and oil. but i'm thinking its not good. ( jump in FPS maybe? )

if i'm not mistaken i think its supposed to mean that you arenot to put oil in the fill nipple of your HPA tank or else it will explode. that one should be rewritten.

people at my field dry-fire off the field all the time. the stagin area is an old barn so the dry-firing echoes and really scares the crap out of you if you arn't expecting it. i know it shouldn't happen but i don't see how it is unsafe. everyone has BBDs on their barrels to prevent accidents that may occur.

but for the inexperienced, i believe that you shouldn't dryfire outside of the field.

BTW, arn't you supposed to dry-fire when you take your tank off? that would mean it would half to happen on the field. but i've never seen it done that way.
The signature in this location has been removed due to FORUM RULES VIOLATIONS. Please check this link : FORUM SIGNATURE RULES AND REGS and feel free to repost your signature according to the guidelines set by this forum.

Content inappropriate

#8 User is offline   Buckfrenzy 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Buckfrenzy

Posted 22 August 2007 - 08:29 PM

Cool.

I hate playing at fields with lax safety. I end up just walking around with my goggles on all day.
Proud member of Shogun PSP and Jolly Green.
JOLLY GREEN
BUY MY PUMP

#9 User is offline   tauman5263 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 22 August 2007 - 08:37 PM

the only place i hate playing is on my own land because my neighbor never uses a BBD, plays without a mask [ruins the game for me because i refuse to shoot at him], and he turns up his velocity until "it shoots far enough"

he also likes bonus-balling me because he is to dumb to see the first paint hit on me. my mom wants me to play with him but i told her i wouldn't because he doesn't play safely. oh, and he just bought a case of monsterballs. i'm going to have to come up with some kind of story so he doesn't play with me this weekend. maybe my ex-marine paintball friend will talk some sense into him.

he is also one of those noobs that thinks he knows everything about paintball, but he doesn't have a clue. he calls High pressure air NOS. maybe i'll just have to refuse to play with him until he becomes aware of his own stupidity.

after playing at established fields i don't think i ever want to go back to private games [unti i get my own chronograph at least].
The signature in this location has been removed due to FORUM RULES VIOLATIONS. Please check this link : FORUM SIGNATURE RULES AND REGS and feel free to repost your signature according to the guidelines set by this forum.

Content inappropriate

#10 User is offline   left handed 

• Arms Dealer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:left handed

Posted 22 August 2007 - 08:55 PM

Thats awsome, next time I go paintballing, I'm going to tape that to my dad's car windshield. So everyone can see.
Speedball has nothing to do with how fast you shoot and everything to do with how fast you move. - Crawdaddy (PBF)

Feedback!

#11 User is offline   Tots 

• Yup, thats me ^
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:whitefox2474

Posted 22 August 2007 - 09:09 PM

View PostEskimo, on Aug 22 2007, 09:49 PM, said:

View Postrifleman92, on Aug 22 2007, 10:12 PM, said:

If you add oil to the fill nipple of your tank, your tank will explode and injury/kill anyone in the premises. When you take oil, a pretty flammable substance, and add it to your nipple you are creating the propellant. When air becomes compressed it creates a lot of heat. Guess what!? Heat + flammible oil + COMPESSED AIR (very, VERY bad) = VERY big boom.

Never oil your fill nipple, save a life, it might just be your own.

#12 User is offline   10-shot kid 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 23 August 2007 - 01:39 AM

so how about playing on a field that continuosly opperates in an unsafe manner? The list is bassically overdone (bar the HPA nipple dealy-o) rederict anyone with a month or two under their belt generally knows. That's not an oath, it's how not to get hurt or hurt others. An oath implies that you'll sacrafice something in order for the furtherance of a goal. Yet I'll put money down that JSOC, which if I remember corretly undertakers runs, will be at Skirmish next year regardless of theridiculousness that occured at ION. I'll even bet paul will make some BS commitee that you guys will get on leading you to rep the game. Awesome.

Call the list what it is, "how not to be retarded."
Edward Thomas Cigar: 104 Limestone Plaza Fayettville, the only place with a proper lounge to buy and smoke well kept premium and rare cigars in syracuse.
Cousins paintball: Top of the line tourny and rec. fields and gear http://www.playpaintball.com/

Professional Internet Poster Sponsered by,
Sean "SP marketing dude" Scott: DESTROYER OF SPECIAL OPS 4 EVAH!

#13 User is offline   motherboard1 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 23 August 2007 - 04:23 PM

what about non petroleum based oils? mineral/air tool oil wasnt mentioned in the new pin up. Why not?

This post has been edited by motherboard1: 23 August 2007 - 04:25 PM

#14 User is offline   1-I 

• Creator of the number 7
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators
  • Brigade Name:1-I

Posted 23 August 2007 - 05:14 PM

moved over to the saftey section
Posted Image

Glory is for the weak.

#15 User is offline   Philipp122 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Philipp122

Posted 23 August 2007 - 05:53 PM

View PostFullAutoPimp, on Aug 22 2007, 11:21 PM, said:

View Postrifleman92, on Aug 22 2007, 11:12 PM, said:

HPA + Oil = fire

See, the oath already saved someone!

Edit- To be more specific, no oil in the fill nipple of an HPA tank. Yes, you can oil your marker that runs on HPA.

lol

Just take note that it's highly unlikely for a drop of oil to cause a fire.

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users