• You cannot reply to this topic

Flipped Mag Release For Righties Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   betasniper 

• A four dimensional object
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:betasniper

Posted 13 May 2010 - 04:27 PM

Here is a mod I did for my SA-8 that could be applied to any T8, T9, T8.1*, T9.1*. The Flipped mag release is a wonderful mod for right handed Tib users as you could release the mag with your index finger rather than twisting your hand to use your thumb.

* The magazines for .1's and FS mags need to be modified in order to function with this mod. The slot needs to be milled all the way across. I could do it with the CNC I have access to.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
I am thinking of making a batch of these and selling them for around 10-11 dollars and was wondering if anyone is interested? I ask because I need to know how many to make.

The releases will be done Next week either Monday or Tuesday. They can be shipped out on Wednesday.

So is anyone Interested?

This post has been edited by betasniper: 13 May 2010 - 06:52 PM

Wikipedia is the Walmart of knowledge, they have everything, but it is all tainted one way or another. If you spit on your monitor, your saliva becomes a rainbow, this is Microsoft's form of "optimism". One way to know if your lazy is if you use print preview, because you can't press the print button your self.
Zdspb-Marker Animations Long list of working markers, visit if confused Click here!!! Auxiliary Grammar Police #13 225Bp
If you collect coins, you're an economist. If you collect rocks, you're a geologist. if you collect death threats, you're the president.
"Most people swear by there A-5 I tend to swear at mine instead."-Long Wood, MY AWESOME WEBSITE!!!once you've gone shameless, you'll never go blameless As I lay in bed, I looked at the stars and thought, where the hell is my ceiling? "I want to die in my sleep like my grandfather... Not screaming and yelling like the passengers in his car..

#2 User is offline   Pirate 

• I aim to misbehave.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:PirateCaptain

Posted 13 May 2010 - 08:06 PM

I'd consider it, just because I plan to run 2 pistols a lot. Though my hands are big enough that I don't really have to do much to release the mag.
My job is to be an asshole. I excel at the position.
We put our glass to the sky and lift up. And live tonight 'cause you can't take it with ya. So raise a pint for the people that aren't with us. And live tonight 'cause you can't take it with ya...
Austin Michelle Cloyd, Forever in my heart. We love you, Ayesha! Rest in Peace Tyler Hackett
Rest in Peace, Dave Brockie! Cam Cam #83

#3 User is offline   TeleFragger 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 14 May 2010 - 08:15 AM

im highly interested... when i had my sa-8... i noticed i had to pitch the pistol into a 45 degree angle to get my short stubby thumb to eject the mag.. and was like.. why cant i use my index finger!!!!!!!!!!

well now i have a tac 8.1 so yeah... im interested....
*********Feedback**** click on a link below
-------Specops-------------MCB

#4 User is offline   betasniper 

• PipPipPip

Posted 14 May 2010 - 03:16 PM

Here is a vid of how easy it is to release the mag after using the trigger(I'm mute, I don't speak. :P ). The vid is side ways.
Posted Image
Wikipedia is the Walmart of knowledge, they have everything, but it is all tainted one way or another. If you spit on your monitor, your saliva becomes a rainbow, this is Microsoft's form of "optimism". One way to know if your lazy is if you use print preview, because you can't press the print button your self.
Zdspb-Marker Animations Long list of working markers, visit if confused Click here!!! Auxiliary Grammar Police #13 225Bp
If you collect coins, you're an economist. If you collect rocks, you're a geologist. if you collect death threats, you're the president.
"Most people swear by there A-5 I tend to swear at mine instead."-Long Wood, MY AWESOME WEBSITE!!!once you've gone shameless, you'll never go blameless As I lay in bed, I looked at the stars and thought, where the hell is my ceiling? "I want to die in my sleep like my grandfather... Not screaming and yelling like the passengers in his car..

#5 User is offline   betasniper 

• PipPipPip

Posted 17 May 2010 - 07:42 PM

I started 1 (no free time at the college)

I'll finish them Tomorrow.

PM me if your still interested.

#6 User is offline   betasniper 

• PipPipPip

Posted 21 May 2010 - 09:06 PM

Hey, I forgot to update here. I got around to running the program. I finished one then crashed into the vice this time. I had to re-indicate the vice and redo the work offset and all the tool offsets again. Single Blocked it for a part to see that it wouldn't crash again. Then Op Stopped it for another part to make sure it won't crash again. Then let it rip. Here is the pieces made (they still need to be finished on the back):
Posted Image

#7 User is offline   betasniper 

• PipPipPip

Posted 24 May 2010 - 07:04 PM

Ok, I didn't have the opportunity to run the back of the releases program today. Hopefully tomorrow I can check that program and finish these and start shipping. Sorry for the delays.

#8 User is offline   betasniper 

• PipPipPip

Posted 27 May 2010 - 04:24 PM

Ok, finished 10 rights today. Ships to the people who already paid tomorrow (hopefully). Still 7 available (though 5 are claimed).

#9 User is offline   betasniper 

• PipPipPip

Posted 02 June 2010 - 10:13 PM

Shipped the releases to those who ordered them. 3 left.

#10 User is offline   betasniper 

• PipPipPip

Posted 04 June 2010 - 06:38 PM

NO MORE MAG RELEASES AVAILABLE. All mag releases have been paid for. I'm shipping them out as soon as I can.

This post has been edited by betasniper: 04 June 2010 - 06:39 PM

#11 User is offline   betasniper 

• PipPipPip

Posted 06 June 2010 - 02:46 PM

If there is still any interest in these, I'll make a new batch in about a week.

#12 User is offline   TeleFragger 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 07 June 2010 - 10:10 AM

View Postbetasniper, on Jun 6 2010, 05:46 PM, said:

If there is still any interest in these, I'll make a new batch in about a week.

as said in pm im still interested....

i have no clue what i am looking at on the top pics!!!!!

#13 User is offline   betasniper 

• PipPipPip

Posted 10 June 2010 - 09:27 PM

The top pics show the magazine release in most of it's glory. I'll send you a new one next week(probably wed) if that is ok with you.

This post has been edited by betasniper: 10 June 2010 - 09:28 PM

#14 User is offline   betasniper 

• PipPipPip

Posted 14 June 2010 - 05:25 PM

OK, I'm churning out righty mag releases as I type. There are 10 being made and 3 are claimed so far. PM if still interested. (I'm pming you again Tele)

#15 User is offline   TeleFragger 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 15 June 2010 - 08:53 AM

View Postbetasniper, on Jun 14 2010, 08:25 PM, said:

OK, I'm churning out righty mag releases as I type. There are 10 being made and 3 are claimed so far. PM if still interested. (I'm pming you again Tele)

sorry been really busy.. havent been around... pmd ya... ill take it... that was for a tac 8.1

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users