The 98c Powertube Mine won't come out....
Posted 09 June 2007 - 06:36 AM
I'm trying to take out my powertube on my 98c to replace the valve [busted o-ring in the valve], but the powertube won't come out. I took out both of the screws holding it in, but it is still in there solid.
So how do I take the powertube out? An explanation or a link would be good...
98% of forum members have a stupid, far-fetched statistic like this in their sig. If you're in the 2% that don't, post this in your sig.
Posted 09 June 2007 - 08:14 AM
Posted 09 June 2007 - 01:30 PM
1. Look around your home and look for either a Metal Rod or an Unsharpened Pencil
2. Put in a couple of drops of Marker Oil in both ends of the Tube
3. With one hand, firmly grip the Power Tube
4. With the other hand, place the Rod or the Pencil and slide it through the Front End of the Power Tube and on the Flat Surface of the Valve (avoid pushing in the Valve Pin).
5. When you have the Rod or Pencil on the Flat Surface of the Valve....PUSH EXTREMELY HARD
It will take awhile, but keep trying and the Valve will come out...Ive done this several times to the Power Tube to Push Out the Valve and it always works for me.
Side Note: If thats too much work for you, bring the Power Tube to the Pro Shop and let them handle it.
Posted 09 June 2007 - 07:44 PM
I Shoot to Wound.I am a Meatloaf Fan.
Save our game! If you are honorable and play fair, put this in your sig!
Posted 09 June 2007 - 07:47 PM
In or Out, it doesnt matter, because once the Marker is reassembled, the user/owner is still required to Chrono the marker anyway.
Posted 09 June 2007 - 08:10 PM
Posted 09 June 2007 - 08:17 PM
Wrong, the Velocity Screw is not inside the Valve...the screw sits near the Front End of the Valve.
Heres an inside pic of the 98 and you can clearly see where the Velocity Screw is located
This post has been edited by Evil Fingers: 09 June 2007 - 08:18 PM