Special Ops Paintball: Transporting Paintball Equipment by Air - Special Ops Paintball

• (5 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Transporting Paintball Equipment by Air Rate Topic: ***** 1 Votes

#31 User is offline   GuitarSlave 

• Moutain Bike Racer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:GuitarSlave

Posted 26 July 2007 - 08:40 AM

View PostEditor, on May 15 2007, 07:23 PM, said:

Another word of warning for people looking to ship their air tanks... take it to a post office, not to a place like Staples or Mail Boxes Etc. or some shipping service.

I was shipping some air tanks last week, and the guy at Mail boxes, etc. asked what was in the box, so I told him, and he refused to ship them. Also, the tanks must be empty of air if you ship them. (for the same reason as above, the tank could turn in to a projectile under pressure)

actually the post office here wont ship tanks, markers or even marker parts. UPS however will ship it all... i just have to prove that the tank is empty. I usually empty it before i go then when i get there i push the pin valve in with my finger to show it's empty

#32 User is offline   Badmintoner 

• Peace!
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 04 August 2007 - 12:59 PM

Update:

I came back here from LAX with my airsoft and paintball gear, and once again, nothing was taken. I also just shipped my air tank with USPS, and also, once again, that was fine. I don't really see all the problems/worries you guys are having...

Other news: A case of paint can survive an airplane trip (checked baggage). I received the paint right before I left, so I had to bring it. I put some bubble wrap in the box so that the paint didn't wiggle too much, and sure enough, it appears that not a single ball broke. Hooray!

#33 User is offline   XziviT 

• Mess with the Best Die like the Rest
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:XziviT

Posted 20 August 2007 - 12:01 PM

Tell me about it i always need to get my stuff via air, i live in mexico and the US customs is a huge problem if they see a marker and they know that goes for a foreign person they will think is for a terrorist... and it takes like 3 months to prove them that is just a paintball marker used to have fun in paintball, also every time i get something via internet they need to send it to my dads office in the US and then my dad send it to me in one of his airplanes so if u think 2 days is a problem come to mexico and try to get or send something by air specially to the US.

Last year in Denver i bought a rifle hard case for my paintball rifle and the day we were comming back to mexico we lost the first flight cuz we had alot of bags so with all those problems we lost the hard case, the next day we send some bags to mexico by DHL and we returned to the airport trying to find the case, we asked every worker in the airport about the hard case but they just told me "Hey if u are not american and u lost a rifle hard case u wont be able to recover it" but we kept trying till next day, we recieved a call from United and they said they had the rifle case, we went to the airport and when they gave me the bag i found inside a paper that said "TSA Checked this bag can pass the border to Mexico Owner: Mexican not dangerous" so now u can see how many problems they give with just a rifle case and u dont imagine how many problems they give to get paintballs from the US.
Posted Image
Yo pertenesco al Guerrero que de lo Antiguo se fuciona a lo Nuevo. Maj. X, Callsign: Matrix
As I walk through the Valley of Shadow of Death, I shall fear no Evil, for I am the meanest Creature in the Valley. Gen. Patton

#34 User is offline   Bobbjoe 

• Group: Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Bobbjoe

Posted 24 August 2007 - 04:36 PM

okay, heres another statement just as obvios as not putting them in your carry ons;

DO NOT POINT THEM AT TSA OFFICIALS WHILE GOING THROUGH SECURITY, SCREAMIN "JIHAD!!!!" ALSO DO NOT TAKE OFF DOWN THE TERMINAL AFTERWORDS. JUST A THOUGHT.

I Choose not to Conform to the Stereotypical Conformities that Stereotypical Conformative Society Conforms to.
What now?

#35 User is offline   Evil Fingers 

• ELITE Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 September 2007 - 02:26 AM

View PostBobbjoe, on Aug 24 2007, 04:36 PM, said:

okay, heres another statement just as obvious as not putting them in your carry ons;

DO NOT POINT THEM AT TSA OFFICIALS WHILE GOING THROUGH SECURITY, SCREAMIN "JIHAD!!!!" ALSO DO NOT TAKE OFF DOWN THE TERMINAL AFTERWORDS. JUST A THOUGHT.

Ummmmmm yeah.....right!

#36 User is offline   XziviT 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 07 September 2007 - 09:55 PM

View PostBobbjoe, on Aug 24 2007, 06:36 PM, said:

okay, heres another statement just as obvios as not putting them in your carry ons;

Yeah of corse u wont do that, but they always see wats inside the "box" and if they see the marker in the bag or box or watever of a foreign person ull get lots of problems, thats y it takes months to that kinda stuff to get here.

I just ordered a bullet proof best (no ballistic plates on it) and some puches to add to it, a helmet and some other stuff and it took 2 months to them to get here, now im w8ing for another order from ariakon website and RAP4, i think ill get the rest of my stuff in 2 months :unsure:
Posted Image
Yo pertenesco al Guerrero que de lo Antiguo se fuciona a lo Nuevo. Maj. X, Callsign: Matrix
As I walk through the Valley of Shadow of Death, I shall fear no Evil, for I am the meanest Creature in the Valley. Gen. Patton

#37 User is offline   LittleSpooky 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Little Spooky

Posted 16 September 2007 - 12:45 AM

Just a hair bit behind, but I'll comment anyway:

I flew from Salt Lake City, Utah to Philly, PA to play up in New Milford, PA with some friends. I bought a hard-sided, lockable case for my 2 markers that would be making the trip with me. I stuck them in my checked bag (JT Paintball bag) and went to check in. I got there, opened my bag, then unlocked the gun case (first time I'd ever flown after all the new 'rules'). First question outta the guy's mouth:

"Where are your tanks???"
"At home on the shelf boss. You're more than welcome to check the rest of the bag just to be sure."

Sure enough he did (got a surprise with my undies though... no lace :D), and he smiled and did what I dread: "Ruffle" my hair. Anyway, he made the comment that it was nice of me to leave them behind as it was a pain in the butt to get them taken apart to be able to fly, and asked what I planned to use.

"Buddy of mine's bringing a spare tank down from Mass. for me. Couple of them are driving down together, so they're bringing spare equipment."

The long and short:

Markers can fly, tanks cannot (commercial air liners). If you have friends that are driving in to play, have them bring spares. If not, rent from the field. It just saves you the hassle in the long run.

#38 User is offline   SHRIMPED! 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:SHRIMPED!

Posted 06 October 2007 - 05:58 PM

My local shop took my PE tank apart.

Although they warned me that they might break the regulator if they did it... turns out it was fine, all good. Flying with it on the 10th. :happy: Will see how it goes.

Going from London to Torronto to Denver to Dickinson...

Should be interesting.

This post has been edited by SHRIMPED!: 06 October 2007 - 05:58 PM

#39 User is offline   PinDrop 

• Been here since the start...
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:PinDrop

Posted 23 October 2007 - 05:49 PM

Could have swore that I posted here already. Our team flies with our team ID and suspicious luggage tags "THE CONTENTS OF THIS CONTAINER ARE HARMLESS BUT MAY APPEAR SUSPICIOUS OR ILLEGAL UNDER X-RAY OR OTHER MEANS OF ELECTRONIC VIEWING" Thats the jist of what Mid-West gives out bags lol
Where is Zuma with that BanHammer?
You have to excuse Pinhead, bro...he has very little friends and he was raised by a herd of Mountain Goats. -EvilFingers

#40 User is offline   Chibbs 

• Team Voodoo
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Chibbs

Posted 24 October 2007 - 07:32 PM

several of my team mates have made trips with their older air tanks and have had no problem, although it is a craps shoot, luckly we all have max flo tanks now and dont have a problem with it anymore

i did have a problem with delta airlines when i went down to Florida, delta misplaced my bag which had a tippmann my automag and brand new nerve, i didnt have them for the 1st half of the game, lucky for me they shipped it to my hotel and someone was able to bring it from the hotel to the field so i would have it in time for the night battle and second day battle

Proudly Sponsored by and Affiliated with: Smart Parts l Player Paintball l Bonusball King l Hater Paintball l Voodoo Paintball l EMR Paintball Park l Dark Ops Paintball
l A+ Anodizing l HAH DIGITAL l Fogtech l "Paintball is the Voodoo, that we do, so well." l Information on Poison Ivy

#41 User is offline   Rabid 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 07 November 2007 - 06:25 PM

Now... what if you somehow leave the valve open on your Co2 or hpa tank? and have it empty would that not allow it to have the same pressure on the inside as outside?
or is this just an issue of security not allowing a co2 or hpa tank though ?

#42 User is offline   Chibbs 

• Team Voodoo
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Chibbs

Posted 07 November 2007 - 08:16 PM

its whats inside the tank, it could have a pressure of 0 psi yet still be filled with explosives, they just want to see inside it to make sure you dont have anything in it

Proudly Sponsored by and Affiliated with: Smart Parts l Player Paintball l Bonusball King l Hater Paintball l Voodoo Paintball l EMR Paintball Park l Dark Ops Paintball
l A+ Anodizing l HAH DIGITAL l Fogtech l "Paintball is the Voodoo, that we do, so well." l Information on Poison Ivy

#43 User is offline   XziviT 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 12 November 2007 - 10:02 PM

View PostChibbs, on Nov 7 2007, 09:16 PM, said:

its whats inside the tank, it could have a pressure of 0 psi yet still be filled with explosives, they just want to see inside it to make sure you dont have anything in it

Wow never thought about explosives inside a paintball tank :mellow:

-X
Posted Image

#44 User is offline   SHRIMPED! 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:SHRIMPED!

Posted 15 November 2007 - 05:40 AM

Having read though this again... I need to say this:

You are not permitted to take paintballs on an aircraft. If the TSA find them, they'll be confiscated, and you may be charged or arrested for carrying a prohibited item onboard.

This includes checked luggage, too.

#45 User is offline   Death Envoy 

• Nos Mos Nunquam Intereo
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Death Envoy

Posted 03 October 2008 - 01:44 PM

I think that was common sense. Who needs to have their gun in their carry on anyways?

Share this topic:

• (5 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users