• You cannot reply to this topic

sp linear help Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   POLTERGEIST 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:POLTERGEIST

Posted 27 July 2008 - 09:39 PM

i got a smart parts linear barrel last christmas and havent been able to find a paint thats a good match. what paint do yall use and if anyone knos the bore sz, that would help too. thnx
This is how the military works as related to me by a Navy Sailor:
First you got the Air Force that flys in and bombs the hill. Next are the Marines who charge the hill and kill anything that moves. After that the Army comes in puts up the flag and stands there like they've done something special. All the while, the Navy sits back and rules the world.
REMEMBER GALVESTON

#2 User is offline   Piller 

• Piller
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Piller

Posted 27 July 2008 - 09:54 PM

Its going to be a large bore barrel. It will probably be around the .690 range. Since they don't provide a specific bore size with their barrels it can vary a little bit from barrel to barrel.

Any large bore paint will do. I personally like Karnage brand paint - it's relatively inexpensive and they're excellent quality. It's really hard to recommend a specific brand of paint since it will vary not only from batch to batch, but depending on the temperature and humidity you play in. This chart should help - it's far from precise, but it gets you in the ball park which is all you really need.

I wouldn't worry about getting a perfect paint-barrel match. A lot of people get way too concerned about that. As long as you're somewhat close (within .005) you won't notice any difference in performance. It's not the end of the world if paint rolls through the barrel. In many cases people overbore on purpose to avoid breaking paint.
Automaggot #123 - Pump User #152 - ICE Epic Owner
"Marketing hype in paintball?! The nerve of some people. After all, we paintballers would never throw our hard earned cash into the magic box of marketing hype."

#3 User is offline   POLTERGEIST 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:POLTERGEIST

Posted 27 July 2008 - 10:08 PM

thnx piller

if it helps i play in SE houston, tx, ~95-105 degrees and ~85-95%

im not worried about perfection just nothing iv tried is remoteley close
This is how the military works as related to me by a Navy Sailor:
First you got the Air Force that flys in and bombs the hill. Next are the Marines who charge the hill and kill anything that moves. After that the Army comes in puts up the flag and stands there like they've done something special. All the while, the Navy sits back and rules the world.
REMEMBER GALVESTON

#4 User is offline   EthanB08 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:ETHANB

Posted 28 July 2008 - 08:37 PM

I use RPS Bigball and they have worked quite good for me, but for economical reasons im moving to Draxxus Triumph cause i can get em for like $35 a case and they shoot well out of my SP linear, not quite as good as big ball but damn close.
Spetsnaz, When the only way to kill a terrorist is by a backflipping hatchet attack.

#5 User is offline   M.O.P. 

• Group: Penquin Mafia ....... no you can't join.
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 28 July 2008 - 08:46 PM

it helps for the ball to fit the barrel eough to roll down it but not rattle in it
................ Flippy the Wonder Bunny, Ace and MaDuce like ducks with a passion. My color is white. Morrowind addict.

#6 User is offline   speedwood 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Viper

Posted 31 July 2008 - 01:28 PM

WHEW!!!!!!! Look at POLTERGEIST sig!!! its so FUNNY!!!!
Dont worry im just a bush with a gun
Tippmann owner #321. Why you ask? THATS MY BIRTHDAY!
You won't see me untill its too late. No wait you wont even see me then!!

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users