• You cannot reply to this topic

How it all started How you started paintballing Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Pilotguy6591 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Pilot6591

Posted 24 January 2008 - 10:56 AM

It all began about 4 or 5 years ago when I went to the fair. There they had about 3 paintball guns connected to a huge tank under the counter and i wanted to shoot one so bad. I begged my dad and he said ok. It was $3 for 40 shots (what a rip off) but i was new and didn't know a thing about it. So i paid the guy and started shooting at Osamas head. It was pretty fun so i did it again and i started lovin it. On the way home i asked my dad if i could have a paintball gun and he said we'll see after we get your report card. I passed with a 92 or 93 average and he said wow im impressed. So i asked him if i could get one and he said sure, (here is where it gets interesting) he goes downstairs and comes up with the gun. Its a VL Swarm. Crappy but reliable 3 days later im at school asking my friends if they have guns and 3 or 4 do. So i asked them if they wanted to come over and have a few rounds. A few days later im playing and i knew I was hooked.

Pretty much just talk about how you got hooked and your first marker :evil:
Full-auto = ouch

#2 User is offline   Puzuma 

• That is not dead which can eternal lie,
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators
  • Brigade Name:Puzuma

Posted 24 January 2008 - 10:59 AM

1- there are topics on this.
2- This is posted in the wrong section and will be moced.
3- Read the signature rules and fix yours.
Posted Image
That is not dead which can eternal lie,And with strange aeons even death may die.

#3 User is offline   STAZ211 

• Do it........i dare you
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:STAZ211

Posted 24 January 2008 - 02:04 PM

friends birthday about 5 years ago. it was love at first shot :wub:
"Let he who desires peace prepare for war..."

"Home of the free, because of the brave..."

#4 User is offline   aqua_scummm 

• one half of the wonder that is legaqua
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:aqua_scummm

Posted 24 January 2008 - 02:08 PM

Pilotguy6591's profile said:

i'm Joe aka pilotguy cuz ive got a spyder pilot acs that kicks all of my friends butts even tho they have better guns than me. I've been playing paintball for about 5 years now don't really remember how i got into the sport. I really love paintball and will probably play till i im old

This post has been edited by aqua_scummm: 24 January 2008 - 02:09 PM

#5 User is offline   left handed 

• Arms Dealer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:left handed

Posted 24 January 2008 - 11:01 PM

I think it was last year that my friend invited me to go paintballing one Saturday during the Spring. When I first stopped in the field's parking lot with my sister, the first smell was that of rotting gelatin. It didn't smell bad, I actually liked it. The first sight and sound was the laughter of some guys who were in a team, all were standing next to a table and outside an Xball arena. When I eventually found my friend, he geared me up, gave me a pod, and we set out on our first game. My first game.....oh man.....all I remember is that I got shot, I ran back and asked my friend if I was out. He said, "just make it look like it's an old hit", I asked if that was cheating, he said if you get caught. Well since I was new, I followed what he said because I didn't know any better. After that game, he explained to me the rules. The next game, I tried leapfrogging with a guy, but he shot up wayyyyy too far and he got shot out when he crossed the 50. Needless to say, I got shot in the leg, the guy what probably shooting hot because it left a pretty bad welt. We had a few more games after that, and after that day, I was exhausted, but I had a huuuuuugggee smile on my face.

I was hooked.

Since then, I've collected 3 different paintball markers, a set of cammies, tourny gear, 2 pod packs, 1 leg harness, various pods/tubes, and 3 masks. I think I'm a gear whore. :unsure:
Speedball has nothing to do with how fast you shoot and everything to do with how fast you move. - Crawdaddy (PBF)

Feedback!

#6 User is offline   Florentine 

• Group: Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 January 2008 - 05:22 AM

went with my friends and loved it. used an a-5 for my first gun, and ended up getting an a-5
Hey baby, wanna come over to myspace so i can twitter your yahoo till I google all over your facebook?
Feedback

Becc: "I'm not really a vegetarian, I eat some forms of sausage."

#7 User is offline   mapexgurl 

• aka code_red
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:code_red

Posted 25 January 2008 - 11:02 AM

I was invited to play with some friends last year. I hate borrowing equipment, so I bought a 98c off of craigslist. I was hooked. Soon after I bought an A5. (Which will be for sale after this weekend.)

#8 User is offline   Sniper Hunter19 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 25 January 2008 - 11:06 AM

wanted to do something fun for my birthday and found paintball been playin ever since

#9 User is offline   Aim for the trash 

• Not my name?
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:REMOVED AS INAPPROPRIATE

Posted 25 January 2008 - 01:32 PM

My friends were talking about paintball back in seventh grade, and we played some time at a field called Oglethorpe Speedway Park, which basically was a dirt racing track that also had a paintball field. It was a superb woodsball field, I miss it, but it closed about a year ago, so I found Low Country Paintball, which is the best field on the East Coast, IMO.
You have failed as a paintballer.
Special Ops Feedback M. Carter Brown feedback
Dirty quotes get you warned. Dang it Mike.

#10 User is offline   Kavemann 

• Heroes get remembered, But Legends never Die.
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Kavemann

Posted 25 January 2008 - 01:47 PM

well i was in fifth grade and a friend asked me if i wanted to play and their it was i was hooked and my first gun i got at chrismas it was a Brass eagle After Burner and i have and never will let it go. thanx nick for that>> ;)
-----------
NO MESS WITH KAVEMANN!

THRILL BILLY #1

#11 User is offline   SILENT MOUNTAIN MAN 

• Me + My Automag= Ownage
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:SILENT MOUNTAIN MAN

Posted 25 January 2008 - 02:30 PM

View PostCavemann92, on Jan 25 2008, 01:47 PM, said:

well i was in fifth grade and a friend asked me if i wanted to play and their it was i was hooked and my first gun i got at chrismas it was a Brass eagle After Burner and i have and never will let it go. thanx nick for that>> :ghillie:

Oh good times back then huh!!!
Member of the Germans Special Operations Unit 6th FALLSCHIRMJAGER Regiment-"Green Devils" for Oklahoma D-Day 2008

#12 User is offline   Royalfork 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Royalfork

Posted 25 January 2008 - 02:53 PM

A few years ago my son and his friend wanted to try out paintball so I did a little research on the internet and found a field (Splat-Tag) in western Wisconsin that was only about 25 minutes away. I didn't play with them the first time we went, I just hung out near the safe area and watched thier faces after each round. they were totally thrilled!

The funny part was that there was a woman and her husband there playing that day that I have since become friends with and they were in jest giving me a hard time about not playing, you all know how that is.... Needles to say I rented some equipment the next time we went and the rest is history....We now own two upgraded A5's with carbon tanks, an upgraded Ion with a nice 45 carbon tank and an older Piranah as a backup. We have been members at the field the last two summers, we traveled to Oklahoma for D-day 2007 and plan on some more trips in the near future. We completly love it.
Pelican Brigade Paintball Club

#13 Guest_LONGBOW_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 25 January 2008 - 03:04 PM

My friends were talking about paintball one day and they had an Action Pursuit Games magazine. I took a look at it and saw a 98 Custom. I liked it but it was too expensive. I got a gun for free from a friend and man after I went my first time I was hooked.

This post has been edited by LONGBOW: 25 January 2008 - 03:05 PM

#14 User is offline   Pilotguy6591 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Pilot6591

Posted 25 January 2008 - 06:08 PM

View Postaqua_scummm, on Jan 24 2008, 04:08 PM, said:

Pilotguy6591's profile said:

i'm Joe aka pilotguy cuz ive got a spyder pilot acs that kicks all of my friends butts even tho they have better guns than me. I've been playing paintball for about 5 years now don't really remember how i got into the sport. I really love paintball and will probably play till i im old

I finally remembered so i made a topic i just didn't change it
Full-auto = ouch

#15 User is offline   South 

• HURR DURRR
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 25 January 2008 - 08:16 PM

Basically it was this thing called "Extreme Day" at this one church and they had paintball.
I remember to this day what I wore, how many guys i got out and how badly I got bunkered during the last game.
This also where my love for Tippmanns started b/c I used a rental 98C and fell in love.

Now, ive moved up to an A5 and RT Automag.

OA Scenario Productions Kobra Kommand 2 Blue Team MVP

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users