• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Scenario Generals Who has run an Army? Rate Topic: -----

#16 User is offline   cookie 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Cookie

Posted 06 August 2010 - 07:00 PM

I haven’t commanded an army myself but I have helped my team captain recruit and organize for over a dozen games that he has been the general of, not counting at least as many as XO. One of the things we do (depending on the field) is to have two or three XOs. At Blanding (the Florida MOUT site) we have one for the city (the armor coordinator is in the city under his control), one for the woods and one for missions. I recruit teams/groups and send them a set of questions once I have verified with the producer that they have in fact registered for our team. A few of the main questions I ask are if they are bringing any LAWS players (if so what experience), any special weapons/equipment (Double Troubles, mortars, howitzers, night vision), whether they prefer being a mission team or a strike team, and if they would be willing to take a couple hour stint at base defense (sometimes we have a squad or small team that volunteers to do this job for the whole game). I always try to assign teams to the type of task that they prefer; I also am in charge of assigning role cards to players. I try to assign a few LAWS as ‘permanent’ to known expert LAWS players and keep the rest to be assigned on a partial time basis in order to give as many LAWS players time as is reasonable. I keep in contact with the teams from the time of recruitment to game time and keep them in the loop as much as I can (some things the General wants kept secret until the commander meeting the night before) as far as teams on both sides and any other information that is useful for them to know. Assign specific strike teams to the city XO and ones to the woods XO. Assign specific teams to take/hold specific buildings within the city or areas of the woods. All this greatly reduces the uncertainty of where players are supposed to go once they reinsert. We have a regular RTO that works the games for us.
COOKIE
BAD MONKEYS
Team Cook
Armor Commander
Eunach Engineer
Minister of Internet Harassment

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic