Special Ops Paintball: HALO REACH, Noble Team Last Stand - Special Ops Paintball

• (15 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

HALO REACH, Noble Team Last Stand First Strike PB, Jan. 15/16, 2011 Rate Topic: -----

#211 User is offline   old one 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 20 January 2011 - 08:22 AM

View Postmako, on 20 January 2011 - 08:07 AM, said:

View PostAcara, on 20 January 2011 - 06:07 AM, said:

The other props I zip tie a copy to the prop like the jet packs, rope on a stick, etc....

THIS

The props we were given/used last weekend had instructions/rules attached to them. Made it nice and easy & eliminated any confusion concerning what you could/couldn't do with them.

Where to start...no lie..I always go to the rules meetings with only half an ear. Not going to lie..
I never intended to use any props or role play...normaly I show up and sling paint and thats about that. Well, one time <out of the many> that I was shot out and heading back to insertion I saw a jet pack laying on the ground at the command shack. I went and tagged in and picked up the jet pack. Low-and-behold the instructions were right on the thing! (THIS IDEA IS AWESOME) I picked it up, read the rules, tried it on, asked some folks if they had any other information on the rules of a jet pack, and they all mentioned the card. So, off I went. During play I had the blue team read the card to me two times just to make sure on some of the usage rules..and the blue did a great job of reading it to me!
What ever you do...keep this in effect. Great idea...spot on!

MAKO

Blue team gets 2 gold starts 1 for reading, and 2 for teamwork!

Yes Sir! Thats why I put a copy of the prop use rules on them, and they will alway be zip tie to props like them.
It makes is so easy to use the prop then.

TKS. for the input, and any more you have send it my way.

OLD ONE & LADY DHAMPIR

#212 User is offline   old one 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 20 January 2011 - 08:35 AM

I printed out over 100 copys (thats five page each set)of the game rules, and had them setting on the sign in table. Only ( 15 ) were picked up????? Now the generals had copys of the rules in their base I know. Thats why I try to put prop rules on most of the props we use.

OLD ONE & LADY DHAMPIR

#213 User is offline   Gimply 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Gimply

Posted 21 January 2011 - 10:01 AM

I guess I can throw my 2 cents in. It was a great game, I had a wonderful time, thanks to everyone.

I liked the barrier to keep the red tanks from rolling right up on our base all weekend long. I liked the tanks being forced to funnel through the hyper field and take the long way around to pin us down. However, I wouldn't mind seeing a gap in the fence wide enough for just one person at a time to fit through. It would stop the tanks, but allow some players to fight their way through that small opening. IMO if one team is being dominated or held in their base they need as many options as possibile to have a chance to push out.

I think everything was made pretty clear at the briefing. The refs on the field did a good job of keeping things straight. I realize they will always miss something, but you can't expect a confusion free game for an entire weeked when the player out number the refs 10 to 1. Also throw in that the refs are always being pulled away to sign missions, walk with tanks, etc... How many does that even leave to oversee the big firefights? I think they did a really good job overall.

On the hunters... I played as one for the blue side with my brother on Saturday and my son on Sunday. Severely overpowered, and I never used a shield or the mobile bunkers. Headshots taking out the hunters will change things greatly and will even them out a little more. It was just too easy to sit in the trench for almost 2 hours on Sunday with no way to be killed. I could lay there with my chest against the dirt and stay posted on the red team the entire time. I had to eat a ton of paint, but it was just impossible to hit that small square on my back when they couldn't get close enough to ever see it. I thought the jetpacks were fine, kudos to the red player that dropped it to take me out of that tower near the red base.

Great game old one, I'll be back for more of them.

Share this topic:

• (15 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users