Cinema You know, movies.

#76 User is offline   Iron__Man 

• My boomstick is bigger than yours...
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Iron_Man

Posted 28 August 2010 - 07:13 PM

PIRANHA!!!

i just saw it tonight in 3-d. basic rundown : elements of jaws and slasher-esque b movie, with tons of hot chicks and skin, mixed with jumps, and mean fish. i'd reccomend it to anyone who wants to see hot chicks, gore, and fish. the plot was kind of.. meh, but it did have the doc from back to the future. and vingh rames. i'd say if you have to see somethign three-d, see another movie first, and sneak into this one before you toss your glasses. lol.
Posted Image Posted Image
THE DEATH BUNNIES! - We hate your face!-

#77 User is offline   MaDuce 

• Grab your gun and bring the cat in.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:MaDuce

Posted 28 August 2010 - 11:24 PM

YES! I definitely would love to catch this in 3D.

I heard about Ving Rhames going to town with a watercraft propulsion device, but Christopher Loyd's appearance elevates this movie to a whole 'nother level.
"Its very hard to grasp the idea at first but once you accept it, it makes A LOT of sense!" -- Minnesota Sn1p3r on conspiracy theories
"Everyone instantly jumps the conclusion that the government is out to get us." -- SWAT SAINT
"Bad Duce, bad." -- Ace-014
"Good man, Duce, good man." -- Tryon
"Also accepting female snipers." -- Lt.Col.Vortex

#78 User is offline   nishnawbe-aski 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Nish

Posted 29 August 2010 - 05:54 AM

Akira 2013, from the looks of it its going to be another trashing of an anime hit (dragonball omfg are you serious) what is the trend of taking hugely popular japanese anime and switching the complete cast to white ppl? it just shouldn't be done. givin decaprio has been makin good films but what is this going to turn into? it wont have the same flavor set in new york or LA but i bet thats what will happen. overall i still have high hopes, i just fear i will be let down by another anime done wrong (airbender)

#79 User is offline   nishnawbe-aski 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Nish

Posted 29 August 2010 - 06:24 AM

i also look forward to, 2010: tekken (thou it looks bad :[ ),2011: captain america: the first avenger, cars 2, conan, ghost rider: spirit of vengeance, green lantern, spawn 2 : ], thor, underworld 4, x-men: first class and wolverine 2, finally xXx: the return of xander cage. 2012: bad boys 3, beverley hills cop IV, die hard 5, gears of war, godzilla, hancock 2, highlander, i. robot 2, iron man 3, kickass 2: balls to the wall, sin city 2, TMNT, the hobbit.2013: bizarro superman, independence day 2, mortal combat, popeye, robocop, teen titans,

#80 User is offline   Iron__Man 

• My boomstick is bigger than yours...
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Iron_Man

Posted 12 September 2010 - 09:07 AM

View Postnishnawbe-aski, on 29 August 2010 - 09:24 AM, said:

i also look forward to, 2010: tekken (thou it looks bad :[ ),2011: captain america: the first avenger, cars 2, conan, ghost rider: spirit of vengeance, green lantern, spawn 2 : ], thor, underworld 4, x-men: first class and wolverine 2, finally xXx: the return of xander cage. 2012: bad boys 3, beverley hills cop IV, die hard 5, gears of war, godzilla, hancock 2, highlander, i. robot 2, iron man 3, kickass 2: balls to the wall, sin city 2, TMNT, the hobbit.2013: bizarro superman, independence day 2, mortal combat, popeye, robocop, teen titans,

would elect you spielberg just for that list of awesomeness. i mean seriously, that's like the only movies that should be made for the next 2 years... i could probably die happy if i saw all of em... and nailed jessica alba. yeah.

oh, by the way, machete is a good slasher terentino esque flick. very pulp fiction meets kill bill. mixed in with mexicans. jessica alba, robert deniro, cheech marin, and lindsay lohan as an actual druggie whore, who turns nun. very cool movie.
Posted Image Posted Image
THE DEATH BUNNIES! - We hate your face!-

#81 User is offline   slinkyaroo 

• Gravity takes over where brains leave off.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 12 September 2010 - 10:00 AM

Critics review based on their knowledge, hence you take everything with a grain of salt. ie British critics should never review country music. To me they look like fools as soon as they open their mouth in this case.

#82 User is offline   MurderDeathKill 

• Spot 31
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:MurderDeathKill

Posted 12 September 2010 - 02:19 PM

View Postnishnawbe-aski, on 29 August 2010 - 06:54 AM, said:

Akira 2013, from the looks of it its going to be another trashing of an anime hit (dragonball omfg are you serious) what is the trend of taking hugely popular japanese anime and switching the complete cast to white ppl? it just shouldn't be done. givin decaprio has been makin good films but what is this going to turn into? it wont have the same flavor set in new york or LA but i bet thats what will happen. overall i still have high hopes, i just fear i will be let down by another anime done wrong (airbender)

In Shamalamalanaman's defense, "Airbender" was made in America.... but yeah, that was god-awful.
Go Yoda -- I didn't order that!
Posted Image
T-6 A Texan II -- Vance AFB -- 71OTG Ghostriders -- 8FTS Ballers -- Cobra Flight

#83 User is offline   Maj Tom 

• This is the funvee. Not the humdrumvee
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator
  • Brigade Name:Maj Tom

Posted 12 September 2010 - 02:28 PM

Since this is about movies,

While watching Jurassic Park again, I just realized... It has been 17 years since I first seen it while sitting on the sticky floor of our old single screen theater and I am still watching it.

This post has been edited by Maj Tom: 12 September 2010 - 02:29 PM

#84 User is offline   Puzuma 

• That is not dead which can eternal lie,
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Puzuma

Posted 12 September 2010 - 02:31 PM

17 years to watch ONE movie? Damn! Talk about A.D.D..

Watched Cop Out and Death at a Funeral the other day. Cop Out was great, lots of fun and lots of laughs.

Death at a Funeral... should be buried.
Posted Image
That is not dead which can eternal lie,And with strange aeons even death may die.

#85 User is offline   MaDuce 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 14 September 2010 - 09:57 PM

Saw Resident Evil: Afterlife over the weekend. In 3D. Surprisingly, I loved it. I of course knew it was going to be terrible going in, so perhaps that softened the blow, but it was that good kind of terrible. The kind The Expendables should have been. The action was ridiculous, the dialogue cheesy as hell, but that's exactly how the games are. I think the cinematography set this movie on a higher level. In the first movie, the whole thing was set in the boring, bland hive, gray concrete everywhere. The RE: Apocolypse was shot like a music video. In Afterlife, there's lots of locations, keeping the shots interesting.
"Its very hard to grasp the idea at first but once you accept it, it makes A LOT of sense!" -- Minnesota Sn1p3r on conspiracy theories
"Everyone instantly jumps the conclusion that the government is out to get us." -- SWAT SAINT

#86 User is offline   Puzuma 

• That is not dead which can eternal lie,
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Puzuma

Posted 15 September 2010 - 07:19 AM

I liked the Expendables... Mind you after hearing all the bad reviews from different people I wasn't expecting much, Cop Out was MUCH better though.

Haven't seen Afterlife yet. Watching the trailers for it though.... It looks to me like the series is moving more towards a Matrix feel/style. Not too sure if I want to see it. I probably will though, just can't resist a hot babe. lol
Posted Image
That is not dead which can eternal lie,And with strange aeons even death may die.

#87 User is offline   MaDuce 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 15 September 2010 - 05:13 PM

View PostPuzuma, on 15 September 2010 - 07:19 AM, said:

Haven't seen Afterlife yet. Watching the trailers for it though.... It looks to me like the series is moving more towards a Matrix feel/style. Not too sure if I want to see it. I probably will though, just can't resist a hot babe. lol

Yeah, the stuff from the trailers is from a five minute scene in the beginning. The rest is pretty standard RE fair.

And surprisingly Mila Jovovich doesn't get naked in this one. :blink:

Share this topic:

• (6 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users