• You cannot reply to this topic

Please Help Need some tips Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   EVERETTB2002 

• Adrenaline Junkie
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Ev

Posted 15 July 2011 - 12:39 PM

Our local youth ministry runs a paintball outreach program for the community. We have been building a program to give kids something positive to do for over 8 years. In the past 2 months we have been robbed twice, someone stole a church laptop and our cash box once, then this last week again we were hit hard. This time they also stole a massive amount money from the church along with the last reserve for the program. We are now at risk of losing our ability to play paintball in a safe and fun environment. The team leader has already put everything he can into trying to save us but we are on thin ice with the church now. We cant purchase anymore paint air or co2 because of this, the team is now brainstorming ways to raise money. We all threw in the money we had last week raising $70 off the five teammates we had, but that is just a margin of the massive loss we experienced by the thieves. If anyone has ideas on how we may be able to rebuild the trust with the church and get our program back it would be greatly appreciated.
We are currently thinking of throwing some fundraiser scenario games so any Colorado players should contact.
Thx & please keep us in your prayers.
[QUOTE]
Sp-1 owner #2

#2 User is offline   Mobles 

• Better than Mack
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:T-Freak

Posted 15 July 2011 - 12:55 PM

are you part of the church? was the property stolen while you guys were playing?
Life is short, get off your couch
[IMG-]http://i215.photobuc...eak/meeko-1.jpg[-/IMG]
Posted Image

#3 User is offline   EVERETTB2002 

• Adrenaline Junkie
  • PipPip

Posted 15 July 2011 - 01:58 PM

yeah I'm part of the youth ministry, the money was taken both times during the weekdays between our play days.
The church has property they let us play on that is around the building.
[QUOTE]
Sp-1 owner #2

#4 User is offline   sousey 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:HELL-FIRE

Posted 15 July 2011 - 02:01 PM

Are they players stealing, if you have thieves on your paintball team you need to identify them and get them out of there! one, restrict access to cash
then get more secure cash box (a bank or safe)!

Sounds like the church needs better security no matter what, otherwise who cares what you raise if it's just going get stolen.

#5 User is offline   EVERETTB2002 

• Adrenaline Junkie
  • PipPip

Posted 15 July 2011 - 02:02 PM

Some of the team members attend the church, others don't. It's not a requirement that a player attends in order to play paintball. We have had a handful of paintballers join the youth group since playing though. Mainly We try and provide a safe friendly paintball community where paintballers are always welcome.
[QUOTE]
Sp-1 owner #2

#6 User is offline   EVERETTB2002 

• Adrenaline Junkie
  • PipPip

Posted 15 July 2011 - 02:08 PM

Thx 4 the input Sousey, I agree with the increased security.
[QUOTE]
Sp-1 owner #2

#7 User is offline   XziviT 

• Mess with the Best Die like the Rest
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:XziviT

Posted 16 July 2011 - 10:58 PM

Well sir its something good you are doing, but its not going to do any good if the same people you allow to play go and steal your funds. 1) Get a secure safe or a container that you could hide that is very strong so nobody could break it. I know for experience that once you find a good safe and a secure place to put it then thefts will pretty much stop. 2) Do NOT let anybody that is not supposed to know about the location of the money know about it. 3) Notify police about the thefts and let them do their job, maybe an investigation could get your money back or atleast stop the thief that is doing that. 4) Try to find a way to put some security in the property, such as cameras or a security guard. I know that brings more expenses to cover but in the long run it will pay off since i think protecting your interests is better than loosing them in the future, also there are some cheap security systems that can be purchased at radioshack.

If there is something i dislike is thieves, specially when stealing from a church.. i mean seriously i dont think somebody could go that low and dishonor themselves just to get some bucks in their pocket... ewww thats just disgusting.

Hope this helps!

-X
Posted Image
Yo pertenesco al Guerrero que de lo Antiguo se fuciona a lo Nuevo. Maj. X, Callsign: Matrix
As I walk through the Valley of Shadow of Death, I shall fear no Evil, for I am the meanest Creature in the Valley. Gen. Patton

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users