• You cannot reply to this topic

question about pressure Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   OLDMAN3 

• LET THERE BE ROCK
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:OLDMAN3

Posted 25 October 2009 - 05:46 AM

we have 3 tippmann 98 customs. we would like to know how much pressure is left in the c02 tank. my question is what would we have to buy to install pressure guage on the markers? and were would we find them?

#2 User is offline   -SMITTY- 

• one of the original 27,731 members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:-SMITTY-

Posted 25 October 2009 - 05:53 AM

Gauges arent really that useful on a CO2 tank. Since the CO2 is mostly a liquid while its in the tank, the pressure is going to stay pretty constant until its getting really low. Its part of the reason why CO2 tanks are filled by weight, not PSI. After a while of using them, you'll start to know how much is left by feel(how heavy the tank is).

This post has been edited by -SMITTY-: 25 October 2009 - 05:54 AM

#3 User is offline   Florentine 

• Group: Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 October 2009 - 08:20 AM

Basically what Smity said, C02 tanks are rated by weight, nor pressure. The pressure remains constant, until you start to get low on the tank. That is why they are called 20 oz tanks, because they weigh 20 oz more when filled completely. The best way to check the fill is to take an empty tank, weight it, then weigh the other one. The difference is what is left in the tank.
Hey baby, wanna come over to myspace so i can twitter your yahoo till I google all over your facebook?
Feedback

Becc: "I'm not really a vegetarian, I eat some forms of sausage."

#4 User is offline   Thumper113 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Ace0rz

Posted 25 October 2009 - 10:25 PM

tap the tank w a penny

high pitch ding = near empty

low pitch ding = dont worry..

its how my friend does it in the field.
Special Ops Paintball Elite - Earned at Living Legends 3
Paintball Explosion
FTP inc.

#5 User is offline   Erickson 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 26 October 2009 - 02:12 AM

View PostFlorentine, on Oct 25 2009, 08:20 AM, said:

Basically what Smity said, C02 tanks are rated by weight, nor pressure. The pressure remains constant, until you start to get low on the tank. That is why they are called 20 oz tanks, because they weigh 20 oz more when filled completely. The best way to check the fill is to take an empty tank, weight it, then weigh the other one. The difference is what is left in the tank.

CO2 tanks are by weight. Nitrogen and HPA tanks are pressure. I have to disagree with Florentine on how to check, because each tank ways differently empty. Inorder to get exactly how much the tank is to full is to way each tank individually and record for each tank. Then from there you can tell how much is in each tank by weighing the tanks and compare to the weight of the empty tank.

#6 User is offline   Florentine 

• Group: Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 October 2009 - 08:17 AM

View PostErickson, on Oct 26 2009, 05:12 AM, said:

View PostFlorentine, on Oct 25 2009, 08:20 AM, said:

CO2 tanks are by weight. Nitrogen and HPA tanks are pressure. I have to disagree with Florentine on how to check, because each tank ways differently empty. Inorder to get exactly how much the tank is to full is to way each tank individually and record for each tank. Then from there you can tell how much is in each tank by weighing the tanks and compare to the weight of the empty tank.

But if you have 2 tanks that are exactly the same make, size, model, ect ect, then it shouldn't matter.
Hey baby, wanna come over to myspace so i can twitter your yahoo till I google all over your facebook?
Feedback

Becc: "I'm not really a vegetarian, I eat some forms of sausage."

#7 User is offline   OLDMAN3 

• LET THERE BE ROCK
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:OLDMAN3

Posted 27 October 2009 - 07:17 AM

Thanks that is what i need to know. :laugh:

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic