• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

*~*The Ultimate Review Thread*~* Rate Topic: ****- 1 Votes

#1 User is offline   MDS 

• A Beautiful Lie
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 10 June 2006 - 04:57 PM

I will be reviewing everything I have owned, and currently own...
Include your own reviews of items too!

Markers

Tippmann A5
I am amazed at the durability of this gun. It went through some harsh times, as my first marker. I feel it is a great beginner gun. It will continue preform, even if you don't know how to properly take care of it, even if you throw it off a cliff, even if you take it to hell and back. It just doesnt quit. I do have a few complaints with the A5, however. The cyclone.... big, heavy, and when your low on air, it doesnt seem to work right. The efficiency... It is horrible! I was only getting 600-650 Shots per 20oz of Co2, which is needless to say, HORRIBLE! Overall, the A5 scores a 7/10 on my scale. I reccomend this gun to everyone who needs a cheap, and reliable marker that can be upgraded more than your car!

Indian Creek Design Freestyle (05 Team Epic Edition)
This is a nice gun. It is extremely small, quite fast, and is extremely light at only 1.8 pounds! The trigger pull is longer than most higher end electros, but it still is quite good compared to a tippmann. My main complaints with this, are its reliablity, and efficiency. It was always reliable for me, but countless freestyle owners have major problems with their markers reliability. The efficiency is also comparable to that of a tippmann. Only gets about 800 out of a 68/45!! Overall, this scores a 5/10. I would only reccomend this, if you have lots of time keep her fit.

Mac Dev Sonic Cyborg
This is one of the nicest markers I have ever owned. It is about the size as most markers, not super large, but not small either. It is extremely fast, extremely reliable, and extremely light, at just under 2 pounds! The trigger pull is insane on a Sonic Cyborg, it is lighter than my mouse, and just as short! It is super efficient, and will get 2000 or more shots off of a 68/45! I feel this is one of the best markers on the planet, and reccomend it to anyone. It throws paint like the best, yet requires the maitnance of a tippmann! This scores a 9/10, because they will make you murder for one, should you not have the cash.

Air Gun Design's Tac One
This is a very very nice marker. Upon lifting it out of the box, I was amazed at how light it was. It was almost as light as my Cyborg. It is very reliable, and quite fast. If you put a SP Max Flo Tank on it, it will shoot at unbeleiveable speeds, because of the pressure capabilities of the Max Flo. Also, the response trigger is AWESOME~! I feel this is one of the best mechanical markers on the planet. I will give it a 9/10 also. It is good, but for a little bit more, you can get an upgraded Emag, which is better in almost every way.

CCI VSC Phantom
WOW! This marker is so extremely light!! It is super consistant, even with co2, you will only be getting +-2 fluctuations between shots. It is super accurate also, even with the stock barrel, which is definatly the best stock barrel on the planet, followed closely by Mac Dev Matchsticks, which come stock on Cyborgs. This thing is super quiet. If you managed to see the video I placed up in my Phantom's Ad in B/S/T, Cocking the phantom is almost as loud as the shot! It has great efficiency also. On average, where I am, I was getting 30 or more shots above 250 FPS off of One, yes O-N-E 12 Gram! This marker scores a 10/10. You can't beat it for the price.

Immortal Viking
All I can say is WoW. It is not the lightest, but it feels like a feather in your hands. I have to agree with the hype that these were lightyears ahead of their time when they came out. I would agree that they still are years ahead of everything else. Super efficient, with over 2 Thousand shots per 68/45. As accurate as any autococker out there, and most definatly the fastest shooting marker on the planet. On auto response, I was consistantly outshooting my Victory Boarded Halo B. The only downside to these markers, is they have the easiest to strip screws on the planet :D 10/10. If you have some extra cash lying around, buy one :)

32 Degrees Delta .68
First impressions upon opening an extremely fancy box, is omfg this thing is ginormous! It is almost the size of an a5 without the cyclone, or barrel, and almost as heavy too. I personally found it extremely difficult to aim with, because of its weight. One of the nice things about it is the clamping co2 Changer. It makes life a bit easier. This marker has quite a few downsides though. Each and everytime you change the co2, you have to lube the puncture pin, or it will spill your co2 out blazing fast. In addition, you have to cock it before loading the 12 gram, or it will have the same result as not lubing it.
Heavy, Bulky, Unweildy, High Maitnance... Not too great. Hell of a looker though. 5/10, and I would not recommend, unless you are fine with preforming high maitnance. With good care though, this can become one formidable marker.

Masks

Empire Events
All I can say about these is WOW! Upon opening the cardboard box they were shipped in, and digging through all the squishy crap, I was amazed at the "Case" they were in. It was not cheap plastic film, or cardboard, It was a thick, clear, plastic case. So fancy, but I would expect something fancy for a mask that cost me a hundred bucks. I took off the stickers, holding the case together, amazed to find they did not tear when you pulled, but were rather easy to take off. I took off the top of the case then, and pulled them out. Upon pulling them out, two microfiber bags fell out of the mask. I set the mask aside, and checked the contense. Inside, the first one, a replacement lense! I soon went over to the second, to find it was meant to hold the mask. I opened it up, and inside were a brow sheild, and visor! I took a close look at the mask. The "rubber" the mask is made out of was extremely flexible, but was carefully made so it would not let a paintball pass through, and nail your throat (Ouch!) The soft ears were nice too, but I could see, if you got hit at an angle from behind you, you would probably be feeling it for a few hours, as the soft ears were a little... soft, but then again, thats what soft ears are supposed to be ;) . I put it on, and was amazed at the feild of vision. I have not tried on a Profiler, but I have no doubt Events will pwn a Profiler in every way. The only problem I can find with the mask, is talking with it on. It is well vented, and made to keep your breath away from the lense, so nomatter what lense your using, it will minimize fogging, but.... Talking out of it is just kind of strange, as you can hear your echo :huh: . Also, one advantage when playing recball with a bunch of new players, is that when breathing loudly, you sound just like Darth Vader :ph34r: Overall, I will give this mask a 9/10. It does not get a 10 in my book, because of the speaking problems with the mask.

Accessories

Special Ops A5A2 Stock
This is a very nice stock. Very sturdy, and quite comfortable to use. The cut out part of the stock... It helps some, but it does not make much of a differance. I most certanly dont think it is worth the 70 something dollars SO charges, but it is still quite nice. It seemed much smaller than I would of though, but when on gun, it seems to be the perfect size. It does not wobble either!! I will give this nice accessory a 8/10, as the cut out does not help as much as we are led to beleive. I would recomend this product, if you can afford it.

Special Ops A5A2 Foregrip
Wow!! This is a very nice addition to your upgrades collection. It replaces the stock vertical foregrip, and is very nice. It is a horizontal grip, which is just more natural for your arm, making it substantially easier to hold still. At resteraunts, do you see waiters bringing food out, holding the pan with a vertical grip? No. Why? Because they are far more likely to spill it. IMO, This is one of the best products that Special Ops produces. It is very sturdy, and does not wobble at all. It makes aiming so much easier, and is so comfortable!
I recommend this product to everyone who can dish out a small 30 bucks! I will give this amazing product a 10/10. It is perfect in every way.

Soon to Come:
Markers: Acid Customz DM1337, Tequila Sunrise Matrix.
Masks: Profiler
Loaders: Halo B.

This post has been edited by MDS: 23 July 2006 - 06:50 PM

We are going on a safari, see the lions from my Ferrari xD
One of a Kind AKA Sniper F/S/T
Cheap LNIB Quest F/S/T

#2 User is offline   TheSilentone 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Silentone

Posted 10 June 2006 - 06:42 PM

wow cool i dont have to click on differant topics

and nice reviews
um...can't remember what my old sig looked like

I love how i come back and no one remembers me

#3 User is offline   NickM 

• Minnesota!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:TASTESLIKECHICKEN

Posted 10 June 2006 - 06:51 PM

Ok ill put some stuff up....

05 prostock

Pros
Accuracy- Autococker are one of the most accuate markers in the world due to there closed bolt design. My 05 shoots consistantly flat and straight, its very accuate, no problems with that, but if you get a ball break, your pretty much dead because the paint makes the bolt stick and it wont move.
Lightweight - there are other brands that are smaller and lighter, but compared to the other WGP markers, this thing is tiny! When I first opened the box, I saw how small and compact the 05 is. When I picked it I noticed how lightwieght it was compared to the rental Tippmans I have used.
Quiet-This is one of the quitest markers ive ever heard. Thats all I can say, its just a little "pwew" sound.

Cons- it is very easy to break if you mess with it and don't know what you're doing. If something goes wrong you will probably have to take it into the shop to have it fixed.

8.5/10

Phantom VSC 0

I think the question would be what isn't good?? It's freakin light. . .definately one of the best looking guns I've owned. I personally like the down barrel velocity because you can take the gun apart, set the velocity and tighten a nubbin to make it stay, and never have to worry about the velocity again. Easy to field strip and maintain, no leaks, no problems! As for accuracy I can say is WOW. Best gun I have owned, has brought back some adreneline and excitement in paintball.

10/10

Vents Avatars

Pros- Great field vision, thermal lens, easy cleaning/lens replacement, comfortable and breathable.
Cons- None. Perfect mask

10/10

These were just quick reviews, but it tells everything in short sweet sentences.

Soon to come-

Markers- Tippmann 68 Carbine, Ion, Angel 04 Speed (all friends guns I want to try, cept the 68 carb, I just bought that.)

Loaders- Viewloader Egg 2, Halo TSA frontman

This post has been edited by PaintballAddict: 10 June 2006 - 07:06 PM

Farmland Paintball Club ~~~Honor~~Integrity~~Community~~~

#4 User is offline   Ninja Jones 

• Canadian Intergalactic Space Ninja Pimp
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Ninja Jones

Posted 10 June 2006 - 08:05 PM

My main complaints with this, are its reliablity, and efficiency. It was always reliable for me, but countless freestyle owners have major problems with their markers reliability.

Part of a review is stating what you think of it, not what others think, you shouldn't give a bad review based on the opinions of others...

#5 User is offline   MDS 

• A Beautiful Lie
  • PipPipPip

Posted 11 June 2006 - 07:51 AM

View PostNinja Jones, on Jun 10 2006, 11:05 PM, said:

My main complaints with this, are its reliablity, and efficiency. It was always reliable for me, but countless freestyle owners have major problems with their markers reliability.

Part of a review is stating what you think of it, not what others think, you shouldn't give a bad review based on the opinions of others...

The only thing is... freestyle reliablity is not an opinion, its a fact :P . I never had problems with mine, but I never kept anything longer than a month in my house, aside for my phantom! It made it to two months in my house :dodgy: The freestyle made it to a whopping week in my household, before it was sent off.
Cheap LNIB Quest F/S/T

#6 User is offline   oldguny 

• The Chicago type writer.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Oldguny

Posted 15 June 2006 - 11:02 AM

Awww...... NInj Jones you made hi, feel bad.
It was a good review i giave it 4 stars!

When i see you your in my cross hairs,but when you see me your looking over your sholder still wondering why that tree is waving at you. "Explosives slove everthing"-Sandy WBC I'm going for a Sunday drive Navy Seal Style

#7 User is offline   Alan777 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Dark Night 7119

Posted 25 June 2006 - 05:38 PM

I dad bought avatars, because i cant see paying 25 extra for removable ear pieces, and they are awsome. Good reviews.

#8 User is offline   PAINTBALLACE 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 June 2006 - 02:03 PM

View PostMDS, on Jun 10 2006, 04:57 PM, said:

CCI VSC Phantom
WOW! This marker is so extremely light!! It is super consistant, even with co2, you will only be getting +-2 fluctuations between shots. It is super accurate also, even with the stock barrel, which is definatly the best stock barrel on the planet, followed closely by Mac Dev Matchsticks, which come stock on Cyborgs. This thing is super quiet. If you managed to see the video I placed up in my Phantom's Ad in B/S/T, Cocking the phantom is almost as loud as the shot! It has great efficiency also. On average, where I am, I was getting 30 or more shots above 250 FPS off of One, yes O-N-E 12 Gram! This marker scores a 10/10. You can't beat it for the price.

View PostPaintballAddict, on Jun 10 2006, 06:51 PM, said:

Phantom VSC

I think the question would be what isn't good?? It's freakin light. . .definately one of the best looking guns I've owned. I personally like the down barrel velocity because you can take the gun apart, set the velocity and tighten a nubbin to make it stay, and never have to worry about the velocity again. Easy to field strip and maintain, no leaks, no problems! As for accuracy I can say is WOW. Best gun I have owned, has brought back some adreneline and excitement in paintball.

10/10

Gotta love the phantom.

#9 User is offline   djsupahfly 

• Mr. Supah Fly
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Djsupahfly

Posted 23 July 2006 - 04:28 PM

Review on Delta please!!
Slow is Smooth
Smooth is Fast

PB Sale, barrels, summer gear, guns, etc.

#10 User is offline   MDS 

• A Beautiful Lie
  • PipPipPip

Posted 23 July 2006 - 06:50 PM

Viking, and Delta Reviews Added!
Cheap LNIB Quest F/S/T

#11 User is offline   little uncle adam 

• I'm small, but I'll still strike you down on the field
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Little Uncle Adam

Posted 23 July 2006 - 06:53 PM

Nice review. Good info.

#12 User is offline   djsupahfly 

• Mr. Supah Fly
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 23 July 2006 - 07:09 PM

what kinda maintenance?
Slow is Smooth
Smooth is Fast

#13 User is offline   MDS 

• A Beautiful Lie
  • PipPipPip

Posted 23 July 2006 - 08:09 PM

After Every Use... Lubing, Cleaning, etc. You do that, it can become very reliable. You don't, Pray to God it works :)
Cheap LNIB Quest F/S/T

#14 User is offline   djsupahfly 

• Mr. Supah Fly
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 20 August 2006 - 06:35 PM

hey with the delta, i got it from a friend and he hasnt touched it in a year, and i didnt lube it and it did fine for 3, twelve grams. then i was out of 12 grams.

Also with my A5 on a 20 oz i got over 1600 shots. i coula pushed 2000. no joke, i carry 800 paintballs on me i used it all refilled and used it again, thats 1600 then i went to refill my 20 oz even tho the guy said it wasnt empty yet.
Slow is Smooth
Smooth is Fast

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users