Special Ops Paintball: Upgrading my BT-4 Assault. - Special Ops Paintball

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Upgrading my BT-4 Assault. Should I and what to get if so.

#1 User is offline   Weigel21 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 19 February 2011 - 05:13 PM

I am kinda wanting to up my BT-4 Assault and figured I'd ask for input from this forum (Special ops paintball)as it's more woodsball/milsim oriented than some of the others.

Anyways, I have a BT-4 Assault that I use from time to time which I think I'll start using a little more this year if I upgrade it some. I currently have the BT Expansion chamber mag, a modified original A5 EGrip, and a bT bipod for it. I have also polished the internals. I'm looking at getting the TechT bolt and an Apex 2 barrel for this marker. I'm just not entirely sure I should though. At the moment I don't have a single aftermarket barrel for it, I had a 14" J&J Ceramic, but it seems to have sprouted legs and walked away. From what I have heard lately the new Apex 2 is a little more accurate than the original and IMO it looks BAD A$$. Now if I get one I know I'll have to get the 18" if I want to use the fore grip and front AR sight on the new barrel. This will reduce the already poor efficiency, but I don't shoot too much paint and I have extra tanks if I really need more air. Many of the guys I play with/against have flatline barrels and one has an original Apex. I have been at disadvantage in the woods against them for some time since I don't own either, but I've managed to hold my own on most days. I just think that the new Apex 2 would help me level the playing field against them. I don't care one bit about the trick shots, just the longer and flatter trajectory. The bolt I thought might not be such a bad idea for when I do shoot full auto. I have had the marker vibrate bad enough that my spread easily triples in area when shooting 10+BPS full-auto. If anyone knows of something else that may be a better idea to get or if one of the items I'm looking at is a bad choice let me know. Thanks.

#2 User is offline   Benaiah 

• If you dont get it, youre Sofa Kingdom
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Benaiah2320

Posted 19 February 2011 - 05:43 PM

do you think you will ever get a better marker? then dont upgrade this one. If you know youre going to stick with the BT4, then get the APEX. better internals on a blowback dont really do anything noticeable.
2 Samuel 22

#3 User is offline   Weigel21 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 19 February 2011 - 06:01 PM

View PostBenaiah, on 19 February 2011 - 05:43 PM, said:

do you think you will ever get a better marker? then dont upgrade this one. If you know youre going to stick with the BT4, then get the APEX. better internals on a blowback dont really do anything noticeable.

I have better markers, thus the reason I don't use this one too much. It's practically brand new. I mean I've only used it twice since I bought it like 3 years ago. Since most of the guys I play with do the whole Milsim thing, which is cool IMO, I figure I might as well go back to a more Milsim marker. I ended up buying an SP-1 to replace my BT as my primary Milsim marker, but the Apex 2 doesn't come with Ion/SP-1/GoG threads yet. It only comes in Cocker, 98, and A5. My Trilogy wouldn't look too bad with the Apex 2, but I don't use it much either. My ProMaster and my SP-1 are the main markers I use, but I just can't see myself using an Apex or Apex 2 on the ProMaster.

#4 User is offline   Down Range Pain 

• Holy Necropost Batman!
  • PipPipPip

Posted 19 February 2011 - 06:37 PM

i dont know if any of the ups already on it will conflict, but if i had a BT-4 the seoncd thing id buy, after the apex 2 barrel, would be a magpul angled foregrip.

wish tippmanns can with tht rail under the marker

This post has been edited by Down Range Pain: 19 February 2011 - 06:38 PM

Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.” --Martin Luther King Jr.

"Victory is a very dangerous oppertunity" --General Andre Beaufre

#5 User is offline   Weigel21 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 19 February 2011 - 07:31 PM

View PostDown Range Pain, on 19 February 2011 - 06:37 PM, said:

i dont know if any of the ups already on it will conflict, but if i had a BT-4 the seoncd thing id buy, after the apex 2 barrel, would be a magpul angled foregrip.

wish tippmanns can with tht rail under the marker

I've never seen one of those before, but I like it. However, I'd want to mount it to the bottom of my fore grip which means I'd need to put a rail there. I wouldn't be able to use the Bipod, but truth be told, it wasn't very functional to begin with, although I'd hoped that'd change with the addition of the Apex 2.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users