• You cannot reply to this topic

Tippmann 98 sucking alot of air need help Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   SO-BraveDog 

• my phone# 1-773-509-5027 :]
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:X7Sabre

Posted 27 April 2008 - 01:45 PM

ok my friends gun has been using alot of co2. is an old gun, i think its 4 years old or older. he said that in the past months he has notised that it has been using alot more co2, now he does have an RT trigger but it was using alot of gas befor he got that. he has no internal upps in the gun. i think the gun is just wearing out but it mite be somthing eles. what do you think?
Let All Snipers Unite Under One Banner
(Stealth, Patience, Honor)
Official Sniper #1
I'm a christian paintballer - Isaiah 40:31
Sp-1 Owner #1
SP-1 Sabre/Sniper

#2 User is offline   Z3R0 

• Spontaneous Hate Machine
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Z3R0 (Sledgehammer)

Posted 27 April 2008 - 01:47 PM

It's a lowend blowback. They always use a lot of air. As for it using more, the field could just be filling it less. Or, if it's outdoor, then that's why - I'm assuming it gets colder where you are over the winter months (duh), and colder means less shots per CO2 fill.

-Z3R0

This post has been edited by Z3R0: 27 April 2008 - 01:48 PM

Posted Image
Lapco Grey Ghost 2008, Classic Automag, PM8, 06 Cyborg

#3 User is offline   SO-BraveDog 

• PipPip

Posted 27 April 2008 - 01:56 PM

View PostZ3R0, on Apr 27 2008, 04:47 PM, said:

It's a lowend blowback. They always use a lot of air. As for it using more, the field could just be filling it less. Or, if it's outdoor, then that's why - I'm assuming it gets colder where you are over the winter months (duh), and colder means less shots per CO2 fill.

-Z3R0

i was just saturday that it was happening. and i had a 98 just like him and i never used as much co2 as he did yesterday.plus it wasn't cold, it was about 70ish degrees. the thing that was weird was that my other friend that had an a5 with a RT still didn't use as much co2. and the a5 has a cyclone
Official Sniper #1
Sp-1 Owner #1
SP-1 Sabre/Sniper

#4 User is offline   Z3R0 

• Spontaneous Hate Machine
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Z3R0 (Sledgehammer)

Posted 27 April 2008 - 02:23 PM

Just to clear up something here. The Cyclone uses no extra gas, because it gets its air supply from the blowback gases - which means that air has already been "used." The RT I'm not sure about, but it wouldn't make a significant difference in efficiency anyway.

70 degree weather doesn't really mean much to me, since I'm Canadian and we use Celsius. 32 degrees would be a hot summer day, not the freezing point :). So I'm not exactly sure what 70* F converts to in *C.

But anyway, are you sure he's not just shooting more than you? :P

-Z3R0
Posted Image
Lapco Grey Ghost 2008, Classic Automag, PM8, 06 Cyborg

#5 User is offline   Gilla 

• Action shot!
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:gilla

Posted 27 April 2008 - 02:53 PM

Both the RT trigger and Cyclone run off of the same (expelled) gas. I believe the thermal evchange rate is about (1.8F-32) = 1C soo, rough math, about 24C?

Four years isn't really a long time for a tippmann, simple and sturdy is my thinking. I'd look at the o-rings and airlines. My nephew has a leak on his ASA that took him some time to figure out cause it was a small leak. Soapy water is a good way to find an air leak.

And Z3ro is right also, if he was spraying paint, he's also sparying CO2.

This post has been edited by Gilla: 27 April 2008 - 02:55 PM

Who flung poo?

#6 User is offline   d4rkmonkey 

• that funky monkey...
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 April 2008 - 03:12 PM

View PostGilla, on Apr 27 2008, 05:53 PM, said:

Both the RT trigger and Cyclone run off of the same (expelled) gas. I believe the thermal evchange rate is about (1.8F-32) = 1C soo, rough math, about 24C?

Four years isn't really a long time for a tippmann, simple and sturdy is my thinking. I'd look at the o-rings and airlines. My nephew has a leak on his ASA that took him some time to figure out cause it was a small leak. Soapy water is a good way to find an air leak.

And Z3ro is right also, if he was spraying paint, he's also sparying CO2.

Somewhere around there, but thats off a bit. 77 ish degrees is room temperature right? Thats about 22 ish celcius, so I'm guessing 70 is somewhere around 17 or 18 degrees. Not 100% sure though.
Posted Image
Flickr
Bitches and guns, this is every man's dream. I don't want to go home, where I'm just an ordinary human being...

#7 User is offline   jag06 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:jag06

Posted 27 April 2008 - 04:09 PM

View PostZ3R0, on Apr 27 2008, 05:23 PM, said:

Just to clear up something here. The Cyclone uses no extra gas, because it gets its air supply from the blowback gases - which means that air has already been "used." The RT I'm not sure about, but it wouldn't make a significant difference in efficiency anyway.

70 degree weather doesn't really mean much to me, since I'm Canadian and we use Celsius. 32 degrees would be a hot summer day, not the freezing point :ghillie:. So I'm not exactly sure what 70* F converts to in *C.

-Z3R0

0* C is 32* F, 70* F is 21.1* C, F to C converter.

Not sure what could be causing him to use more air, I can get about 1,000 ish shots out of my 98 with a 20 ounce co2. Could be the valve going bad, broken o-rings or a couple other things. Have him take apart the gun and clean it and check all or rings, including the one in the valve. Might not be the problem but it does not hurt to check.

Jag
My Feedback +7/-0 Gore Family Paintball field
Digitally Dangerous member #3

#8 User is offline   SO-BraveDog 

• PipPip

Posted 28 April 2008 - 11:00 AM

View PostZ3R0, on Apr 27 2008, 05:23 PM, said:

70 degree weather doesn't really mean much to me, since I'm Canadian and we use Celsius. 32 degrees would be a hot summer day, not the freezing point :unsure: . So I'm not exactly sure what 70* F converts to in *C.

-Z3R0

he went through 3 12oz tanks that day. i only used a 20oz and he shoot alot less than me, i'm going to check his gun for small leaks and for bad parts to see if that mite be the problem.
Official Sniper #1
Sp-1 Owner #1
SP-1 Sabre/Sniper

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users