Special Ops Paintball: June 13 '10, Mission: Impossible, HSP, Bellflower, CA - Special Ops Paintball

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

June 13 '10, Mission: Impossible, HSP, Bellflower, CA Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Gadget Soldier 

• SoCal Event Poster
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Gadget Soldier

Posted 21 April 2010 - 06:56 AM

Posted Image

Mission: Impossible - Burn Notice

Story by Mic "ZenMic" Chow of the SouthWest Regulators

The world is not enough and Ethan Hunt wants it. After defending the world from countless would-be dictators and mad men, Ethan Hunt has been forced into retirement. Since the Impossible Mission Force is not acknowledged by the State Department, Ethan was not even given a Burn Notice; they just stopped answering his calls and intelligence community now knows who and where he is.

Now a disgruntled and disavowed spy with no country to call his own, Ethan is using what contacts and secrets he gathered over his years of clandestine operations to created an army to take over a small European country with some rather special resources. The last bit of information anybody of the free world has gotten before the transmission got cut is that he is working on a super weapon to lay siege on any and all of those who dare cross him again.

Before being caught and killed by Ethan Hunt, Ernst Stavro Blofel managed to execute Operation Unburn. S.P.E.C.T.R.E. set up and executed Michael Westen's Burn Notice. Thus keeping Michael Westen trapped in Miami, unable to return to his vast contacts and resources in the world of espionage. Being a man with a twisted sense of humor, Blofel has given Michael Westen the idea that his Burn Notice was cause by none other than Ethan Hunt. Now Michael has to use his resources, allies and skills to stop Ethan.

Your mission, if you choose to accept it, is to come to Hollywood Sports Park in Bellflower, California on June 13 and join forces with either Ethan Hunt to build the super weapon to enslave the world or Michael Weston to save the world and clear his name.

The Generals for this game are:

Playing Ethan Hunt will be Solidus of Team BlackHawk Ops

Playing Michael Westen will be Gizmo of the Killer Rabbits.

$35 for entry and air

This is a field paint only event with prices starting at $29.99

www.giantpaintball.com

With a different approach on how the missions will be run, we hope we can use this type of game as an introduction into the scenario aspect of paintball. With the format that will be explained later, every player will know what the objective of each mission and actively take part to complete that mission for their respective team, with the help and encouragement of their leadership. With experienced scenario players encouraging those players that have not played scenario before, we hope to deliver a quality game in which they will leave happy and smiling and will want to come back for more.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gates open at 7am
Registration opens as 8am
Captains meeting at 9am, first mission briefing to follow.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There will be 5 missions for the day using the following timed format.

Re-spawn Rules (only the first 4 missions will use the following re-spawn rules, mission 5 will have a slightly different variant):

Timed insertions:
Controlled by a staff member mid-field with an air-horn (or whistle). There will be color-coded clocks at the re-spawn points to provide a visual cue for players who missed the horns. The clocks will have sections of the face painted red/green to show when the next re-spawn time will be open. At the beginning of each game, both clocks are started at the same time, in the middle of the field and then walked to the re-spawn points during the first ten minutes of instant re-spawn by their respective refs.

If there are no clocks available, the staff member will call out the time remaining on the radio to the deadbox refs via radio.

(The number of air-horn blasts or whistles can be changed)

10 Minutes prior to the mission: Mission briefing and the Generals will conference with his/her team and teams will be moved onto the fields.
First 10 minutes: Instant re-spawn (one short blast to start the game)
10-15 minutes: spawn door closed (one short blast closes re-spawn, red section)
15 minute mark: Spawn door open (one short blast re-spawns all dead players (a one time re-spawn), green section)
20 minute mark: Spawn door open (one short blast re-spawns all dead players (a one time re-spawn), red section)
25 minute mark: Spawn door open (one short blast re-spawns all dead players (a one time re-spawn), green section)
30 minute mark: Mission over (one long blast)
Approx 20 minute cool down, hydrate and reload paint and air. Can be shortened if needed.

We will also be using a minimum of 2 fields at HSP, but those fields will not be determined til the mission briefing.

This post has been edited by Gadget Soldier: 24 May 2010 - 09:38 PM

Posted Image
South Western Scenario Forum: http://www.paintball4all.com
Team Knuckle Draggerz proudly sponsored by:
Paintballphotography.com / Paintball Gateway Online Store / Tippmannparts.com / Pinokio Hoppers

#2 User is offline   Solidus433 

• General-Black Hawk Ops Paintball
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Black Hawk Solidus

Posted 05 May 2010 - 06:56 PM

When the sun sets on the 13th of June, the world as you know it will be changed forever. I will unleash the power of my super weapon and destroy anyone who tries to stop me. Michael Weston thinks he actually stands a chance, HA! Michael you know deep inside that this is a lost cause. Do yourself the favor and pledge your allegiance to me know.
www.bhopaintball.proboards.com

www.webstarts.com/bhopaintball

#3 User is offline   Gadget Soldier 

• SoCal Event Poster
  • PipPipPip

Posted 24 May 2010 - 09:38 PM

First post updated with new information.
Posted Image
Paintballphotography.com / Paintball Gateway Online Store / Tippmannparts.com / Pinokio Hoppers

#4 User is offline   Gadget Soldier 

• SoCal Event Poster
  • PipPipPip

Posted 27 May 2010 - 08:19 PM

Here is the latest flyer for this event:

Posted Image

The right side of the flyer has the storyline that is in the first post of this thread.

The lower-left box:
The Mission Itinerary is as follows:
0700 - Gates Open (ya I know it doesn't say that lol)
0800 - Registration Opens
0930 - Mission Briefing
1000 - Battle Begins!
1200 - Cease Fire (lunch break)
1230 - Battle Resumes!
1500 - Raffle and Prize Giveaway!

The Lower-right box:
- Perfect for walk-ons and beginners!
- Visit http://www.hollywood...PAGES/news.html and download your $5 off coupon for a case of paint! (Valid on day of the event only. Coupon good before 11am --- so arrive early!!)
- Don't be late & Arrive Early!!! The first 20 paid guests receive a limited edition Hollywood Sports Park T-Shirt!
Posted Image

#5 User is offline   Solidus433 

• General-Black Hawk Ops Paintball
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Black Hawk Solidus

Posted 05 June 2010 - 04:53 PM

Ooohhhhh Michael. Why so quiet lately? Have you begun to realize your fate come the 13th? Are you having second thoughts? I wouldnt blame you if you did. The final preperations are almost complete Michael, the world will kneel before my unsurpassed power once I unleash the super weapon. Stop the foolishness and raise the white flag now Michael. You know as well as anyone, you can't beat me.

People of the world, make your sides known now. The time quickly approaches for this epic battle. Dont wait until the last minute and join the wrong side. Pledge allegiance to the Army of Ethan now and show all who stand in our way that we mean business.
www.bhopaintball.proboards.com

www.webstarts.com/bhopaintball

#6 User is offline   Gadget Soldier 

• SoCal Event Poster
  • PipPipPip

Posted 08 June 2010 - 10:36 AM

Hey everyone, don't forget that this Sunday, June 13, is Mission: Impossible Game 1!

Kids can pay and bring your dad along for FREE! Celebrate with your dad and have a fun day of paintball!

Gates open at 7am, registration opens at 8am, mission briefing at 930am and mission begins at 10!

$35 all day entry with air, free entry passes and memberships will not be accepted since this is a special event/promotion
Posted Image

#7 User is offline   Gadget Soldier 

• SoCal Event Poster
  • PipPipPip

Posted 14 June 2010 - 07:18 AM

Ethan Hunt has successfully built the weapon and has successfully fended off the attack of Michael Weston's forces.

However, something deep down in his gut makes him think that there is something more to this than meets the eye and being in espionage for so long that not knowing who to trust has clouded his judgment and his rationale.

Having second thoughts, Ethan knows deep down that he has become the very person that he has vowed to save the world from. With that, he has decided to keep the super weapon and use it to help him on the search for why and who set up his burn notice and seek out his vengeance ...

First of all, congrats to Solidus for winning the day with his team. Although, Gizmo does have an edge over Solidus that HSP is his home turf, the tenacity and never say die attitude pretty much won out the day. I want to say that I'm glad to hear a lot of positive responses, especially that the Mission: Impossible series was dropped in myself and Zenmics lap. When that happened, we decided to try to make it simple and somewhat easy to play and for the new players to experience it while the established scenario player come out and give guidance and their expertise.

I'd like to thank the following:

Gio, Jon (the manager of HSP), and Giant Paintball for the opportunity to let us give this a try (and for the nice Kingman Pistol that was the marker giveaway).

David Justin of the WTL for providing some of the items for the raffle from his sponsors.

CheckYer6 for the Dye gun case.

Pogo for his generous support and especially the volunteer refs that did an outstanding job (especially the gal that came in to help ref and I'm sorry if I don't remember her name and I still can't thank you enough for your help!).

The 2 Generals for the game: Gizmo of the Killer Rabbits and Solidus of BlackHawk Ops.

The teams that came out to support this game: Killer Rabbits, BlackHawk Ops, OCMI, SouthWest Regulators, Independent Contractors, Mostly Bawls, Knuckle Draggerz and Whatever Paintball.

And finally, I just want to flat out thank all the players that came out to play and put up with the stumbling blocks that we had over come to try and put on a game that is for everyone.

All I ask in return is to for you to send an email to the following to thank them for their support and appreciation:

Giant Paintball:
gio@hollywoodsports.com
jon@hollywoodsports.com

David Justin:
info@woodsballtournament.com
Hopefully, he will pass on to his sponsors the emails from the players that won the various items in the raffle.

Kingman:
http://www.kingman.c...t_us/index.html
They provided the pistol to Giant Paintball for the giveaway.

Let's continue to have fun with paintball and ensure that we lead by example and show new players that that paintball is a fun sport that can be enjoyed by everyone and show the world that paintball is alive and well.
Posted Image

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users