• You cannot reply to this topic

Rumor about the A-5's Out of production Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   STONER 

• The Punisher
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:THE REAL PUNISHER

Posted 12 July 2008 - 01:50 PM

I don't know if this is DO NOT DODGE THE SWEAR FILTER! or not but I heard a rumor that Tippmann is going to halt manufacturing the A-5's in Favor or the X-7 as a replacement.

does anyone know if this is true?

I have noticed alot of things that SPEC OPS store used to carry, have dropped out. Some of the custom guns (What happened to Q-bow!? I still want one just can't afford it yet!) and the 114x4500PSI tanks? Thought spec ops and like nitroduck (was it nitroduck IDK maybe I'm hallucinating) or something got together and built one? where is it now? Is SPEC ops selling out because of the economy or something?

Look guys, I barely get on here anymore but I am deeply concerned. Please PM me and I will also try to remember to check this out again. Thanx much!

This post has been edited by WardenWolf: 12 July 2008 - 04:38 PM

You know what they say about a man who packs a big gun? They don't say nothing!
SIC VIS PACEM PARABELLUM
Let em talk, cuz action is all that matters.
I'm the guy with the EGL-47! View My Special Ops Brigade Page
IPB Image

#2 User is offline   Evil Fingers 

• ELITE Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 12 July 2008 - 04:33 PM

And where or whom did you hear this Supposed Rumor from?

#3 User is offline   SOLIDUS SNAKE 

• dislikes his own avvy
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:CORPORATE ASSASIN

Posted 12 July 2008 - 04:35 PM

havent heard any of this.
RAP 4, We Make All Those Terrible Products Nobody Asked For - C-3
My feedback

#4 User is offline   WardenWolf 

• Aspie Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:WardenWolf

Posted 12 July 2008 - 04:44 PM

View PostSTONER, on Jul 12 2008, 01:50 PM, said:

I don't know if this is DO NOT DODGE THE SWEAR FILTER! or not but I heard a rumor that Tippmann is going to halt manufacturing the A-5's in Favor or the X-7 as a replacement.

I have noticed alot of things that SPEC OPS store used to carry, have dropped out. Some of the custom guns (What happened to Q-bow!? I still want one just can't afford it yet!) and the 114x4500PSI tanks? Thought spec ops and like nitroduck (was it nitroduck IDK maybe I'm hallucinating) or something got together and built one? where is it now? Is SPEC ops selling out because of the economy or something?

Look guys, I barely get on here anymore but I am deeply concerned. Please PM me and I will also try to remember to check this out again. Thanx much!

Haven't heard about the A-5, but it would make sense. Although it would make more sense for them to get rid of the 98, which has become obsolete primarily due to its stagnant body style.

As for the Q-Bow, well, there were problems with supply from both AGD and Q-Loader, and the Q-Cell (Blackcell Ion in Q-Bow configuration) is lighter and far more practical in addition to being cheaper. As for the Bomber tanks, SpecOps was getting their supply from Nitro Duck, and Nitro Duck went out of business with no warning. It was odd and rather annoying because they'd just released the iReg, one of the most versatile regs on the market. With them, this new technology was lost.

I honestly wish SpecOps would release some of their older stocks for the X-7, though. I'd like to see the Longbow stock for the X-7.

This post has been edited by WardenWolf: 12 July 2008 - 04:46 PM

Kanye: "Yo, Chile, I'm gonna let you finish shakin', but I just got to say Haiti had one of the best earthquakes of all time!"
Save a tree: wipe your ass with a hippie!

#5 Guest_Woodsball Freak_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 12 July 2008 - 04:56 PM

View PostWardenWolf, on Jul 12 2008, 04:44 PM, said:

View PostSTONER, on Jul 12 2008, 01:50 PM, said:

Haven't heard about the A-5, but it would make sense. Although it would make more sense for them to get rid of the 98, which has become obsolete primarily due to its stagnant body style.

As for the Q-Bow, well, there were problems with supply from both AGD and Q-Loader, and the Q-Cell (Blackcell Ion in Q-Bow configuration) is lighter and far more practical in addition to being cheaper. As for the Bomber tanks, SpecOps was getting their supply from Nitro Duck, and Nitro Duck went out of business with no warning. It was odd and rather annoying because they'd just released the iReg, one of the most versatile regs on the market. With them, this new technology was lost.

I honestly wish SpecOps would release some of their older stocks for the X-7, though. I'd like to see the Longbow stock for the X-7.

If they got rid of the 98 they would have to either lower the A-5 price (like that will happen) or make Triumphs more popular (we ALL know that won't happen) so they have a marker available to the lower budget player. Those Bomber tanks were sweet and I wanted one soooo bad.

#6 User is offline   WardenWolf 

• Aspie Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:WardenWolf

Posted 12 July 2008 - 05:04 PM

Honestly, I'd like to see the A-5 altered so it could accept a hopper stock, with the Cyclone as an optional upgrade. If they eliminated the front cocking, it'd also help them cut their prices. Basically keep the overall body styling and accessory compatibility of the A-5 while removing unnecesary features.

Kanye: "Yo, Chile, I'm gonna let you finish shakin', but I just got to say Haiti had one of the best earthquakes of all time!"
Save a tree: wipe your ass with a hippie!

#7 User is offline   TyTy 

• Formerly known as Ty29...
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Cpt.Ringo

Posted 12 July 2008 - 05:07 PM

Since we're talking about the SO store, when do you guys think SO will have mods/upgrades for the SP-1? I don't own one but my friend who does insists they will have them soon. My question is when, not will they.
-Ty :ghillie:

#8 Guest_Woodsball Freak_*

Posted 12 July 2008 - 05:11 PM

View PostWardenWolf, on Jul 12 2008, 05:04 PM, said:

Honestly, I'd like to see the A-5 altered so it could accept a hopper stock, with the Cyclone as an optional upgrade. If they eliminated the front cocking, it'd also help them cut their prices. Basically keep the overall body styling and accessory compatibility of the A-5 while removing unnecesary features.

To add to that, maybe make their metal powertubes again. That's why I bought the US-5, it's got a regular hopper mount, and I paid $60 for it.

View PostTy29, on Jul 12 2008, 05:07 PM, said:

Since we're talking about the SO store, when do you guys think SO will have mods/upgrades for the SP-1? I don't own one but my friend who does insists they will have them soon. My question is when, not will they.

Hopefully they never support Smart Parts again. :P I honestly don't think they will make anything for the SP-1 anytime soon. I don't know but to me it seems Special Ops Paintball is kind of waiting out the storm that is economy.

#9 User is offline   TyTy 

• Formerly known as Ty29...
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Cpt.Ringo

Posted 12 July 2008 - 05:34 PM

Hopefully they never support Smart Parts again. :P I honestly don't think they will make anything for the SP-1 anytime soon. I don't know but to me it seems Special Ops Paintball is kind of [b]waiting out the storm that is economy.

Well said on the economy. They are definitely taking a break. His problem if they don't decide to, not mine :P.

This post has been edited by Ty29: 13 July 2008 - 10:52 AM

#10 Guest_Woodsball Freak_*

Posted 12 July 2008 - 05:40 PM

Yeah dude, I was going to say, it looks like an Vibe (is that correct?) in your signature.

This post has been edited by Woodsball Freak: 12 July 2008 - 05:55 PM

#11 User is offline   Evil Fingers 

• ELITE Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 13 July 2008 - 06:58 PM

Now, theres an Idea that Tippmann should seriously think about.

This post has been edited by Evil Fingers: 13 July 2008 - 06:59 PM

#12 User is offline   Mobles 

• Better than Mack
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:T-Freak

Posted 13 July 2008 - 07:02 PM

View PostEvil Fingers, on Jul 13 2008, 08:58 PM, said:

Thats what the 98 is! doh
Life is short, get off your couch
[IMG-]http://i215.photobuc...eak/meeko-1.jpg[-/IMG]
Posted Image

#13 User is offline   Evil Fingers 

• ELITE Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 13 July 2008 - 07:11 PM

View PostT-Freak, on Jul 13 2008, 07:02 PM, said:

But, can you put any hopper of your choice on the A5 without removing the Feed Arm and the Two Pins?

#14 User is offline   mtaylor 

• Lacking Creativity
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:mtaylor

Posted 13 July 2008 - 07:16 PM

View PostEvil Fingers, on Jul 13 2008, 08:11 PM, said:

View PostT-Freak, on Jul 13 2008, 07:02 PM, said:

But, can you put any hopper of your choice on the A5 without removing the Feed Arm and the Two Pins?

What he meant is 98=A5-Cyclone. At least, in the basic operation method. Couldn't they just change the receiver on the A5 to be like the 98, then use 98 cyclones? That way, you could swap on a feedneck easy.

This post has been edited by mtaylor: 13 July 2008 - 07:17 PM

<Insert Sig Here>

#15 User is offline   Mobles 

• Better than Mack
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:T-Freak

Posted 13 July 2008 - 07:18 PM

yeah that's Basically what i meant...
Life is short, get off your couch
[IMG-]http://i215.photobuc...eak/meeko-1.jpg[-/IMG]
Posted Image