• You cannot reply to this topic

Anyone Busted? playing Outlaw.... Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   WoodsBallGeneral 

• Senior
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:FurianSabre

Posted 22 September 2007 - 11:58 AM

Just wondering how many of you have been busted for playing where you weren't supposed to play, and what did the cops do? Just wondering as far what they can charge you with. ie: Trespassing, disorderly, discharge of a weapon, carrying a dangerous weapon, etc.

Part of the reason I ask, I play football with a bunch of cops, and they didn't really know what the laws were specifically.

So anyway, just wondering who may have been through the situation.

I'm in Wisconsin, and since states will be different in law, I post here hoping for feedback from WI.

This post has been edited by WoodsBallGeneral: 22 September 2007 - 11:59 AM

Oderint dum Metuant
'let them hate, so long as they fear'

#2 User is offline   JackRock 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:JackRock

Posted 22 September 2007 - 04:08 PM

Generally, we play on national forest land, where FEDERAL law (not local) governs. It is legal to play there, as long as you are more than 150 yards away from any buildings and improved roads, and your group has less than 75 people in it.
This is my sig. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My sig is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. My sig, without me, is useless. Without my sig, I am useless. I must type my sig true. I must spell better than my enemy who is trying to judge me. I must type before he ridicules me. I WILL... My sig and I know that what counts in this forum is not the rounds we fire, the noise of our burst, nor the splatter we make. We know that it is the hits that count. WE WILL HIT... Before the Admins, I swear this creed. My sig and myself are the defenders of my forum. We are the masters of our enemy. WE ARE THE SAVIORS OF MY PROFILE. - Tippmann Owner #pi

#3 User is offline   jaysonmauer_xo 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:jaysonmauer_xo

Posted 22 September 2007 - 05:27 PM

In theory, as far as the state is concerned, it is legal to play anywhere that is not a "natural area." In practice, most municipalities have ordinances prohibiting "missles" within town, village, or city limits, and that would be the ordinance violation that you SHOULD be getting cited for.

It has been my experience that most officers simply tell you not to be playing somewhere if someone has complained, and cite you if they have to tell you again. Being polite and cooperative will help. Ask where you CAN play, but DONT take the officer's word for gospel, like you said, many officers don't know what the rules are about paintball.

#4 User is offline   WoodsBallGeneral 

• Senior
  • PipPipPip

Posted 23 September 2007 - 11:20 AM

Anyone know where to research the law online in regards to this? I've tried to search for city and state land laws regarding paintball with no luck. (Especially in Wisconsin)

Thanks
Oderint dum Metuant

#5 User is offline   jaysonmauer_xo 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:jaysonmauer_xo

Posted 23 September 2007 - 11:31 AM

View PostWoodsBallGeneral, on Sep 23 2007, 01:20 PM, said:

Anyone know where to research the law online in regards to this? I've tried to search for city and state land laws regarding paintball with no luck. (Especially in Wisconsin)

Thanks

Unfortunately there really isn't anywhere specific. Most municipalities post their municipal ordinances on a city, village, or town's website, otherwise they will be able to provide you a copy (usually for a small fee). There aren't any paintball-specific laws in Wisconsin, aside from the DNR administrative code prohibiting paintball in "Natural Areas." Wisconsin seems to leave rules about paintball up to its' municipalities.

#6 User is offline   Erndogg 

• Team Suburban Support
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Erndogg

Posted 23 September 2007 - 11:58 AM

Some friends of mine where picked up for shooting their brand new phantom in his back yard. Basically as the officer drove by, she saw what could have look like a rifle in their hands, being shot into their back yard. She stopped, drew her gun, did the put down your guns thing, cuffed them, and then questioned them. In the mean time, my friends figured out what was going on and came out, and spoke with the officer.

After speaking with his mom, the officer ended up just giving them a warning, and told them that if they were caught again, they would face fines, and the markers would be taken away.

The officer basically said that if they were to be caught again, they would face charges for illegal discharge of a firearm with in city limits.

#7 User is offline   Freakman 

• FREAKMAN
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:The Human Freak

Posted 23 September 2007 - 03:23 PM

me and my buddy were playing int he metroparks around my house, full auto 1 on 1 and 2 cops showed up. they yelled to make us stop shooting we ran split up and dissapeared in the bush. met up like 2 hours later aand got away scott free. it was a thrilling experience.
HERE'S FREAKMAN!!!!

#8 User is offline   ssbcboz 

• Broken Arrow
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:ssbcboz

Posted 24 September 2007 - 09:23 AM

one thing that will alivate alot of your problems is to play outside of the city limits becasue most city's have ordiances against discharging guns in town, and most places will lump paintball guns in with regular guns.
hey, how u doinnnnn? <a href="http://www.specialopspaintball.com/brigade/member_view.asp?id=15290" target="_blank">brigade page</a> Broken Arrow past member

#9 User is offline   WoodsBallGeneral 

• Senior
  • PipPipPip

Posted 24 September 2007 - 10:09 AM

^^^I usually play outside of town, but here in LaX, WI, the bluffs are considered city property, and man do they present some beautiful paintball areas:)
Oderint dum Metuant

#10 User is offline   The Stuntman 

• I feel like I'm taking Crazy Pills!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators
  • Brigade Name:The Stuntman

Posted 24 September 2007 - 10:15 AM

Between 1986 & 1989, my friends & I were chased out of at least a dozen places places by the cops. Usually it was no problem - they just asked us to leave & that was that.
Although there was one night at an abandoned winery building when one of my friends accidentally shot a cop. Luckily the rest of us had already been caught & were waiting at the cars for the last officer to retrieve our buddy, so the cops knew it was just kids playing paintball - no danger of anyone getting blown away...the other police actually made fun of the guy who had been hit, since he hadnt identified himself properly as a police officer before entering a dark building. We all had a good laugh & went on to play at our "backup location" for the rest of the night.

#11 User is offline   a5rt15 

• Push 'em back
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:a5rt16

Posted 24 September 2007 - 01:49 PM

i've been yelled at three times for being on private property even though there were no signs and only once played in city limits where it would have been illegal if we were caught.

Riot Kids Scenario Team

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users