• You cannot reply to this topic

Cyborgs How much to spend, what year to get and anything else I should know

#1 User is offline   Marauder_Pilot 

• Thrilling Heroics
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Marauder_Pilot

Posted 24 January 2007 - 02:10 PM

Hey, in my continuing search for a good high-end, I've been looking into Cyborgs lately (In addition to my current search between PM6s, Egos and Karnivors). They look like some damn good markers, and MacDev has a really good reputation. Plus, I like the look of them and they go for a pretty good price used.

So, any Cyborg owners and such care to comment on them?

#2 User is offline   SPARTAN 013 

• Contract Killer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:SPARTAN 013

Posted 24 January 2007 - 02:39 PM

here we go again... :)

the cyborg is just like any other poppet valve marker. they are easy to maintain, get very good efficiency, and are extremely consistant. the cyborg is light, the X-Fighter$ cyborg being the lighter marker ive ever owned. everything that macdev says about them is try... the cyborg truely pwns.

im sure people will easily point out the good things about the borg, so ill share a couple things about the two that i owned (06' and 06' X-Fi):
- they are extremely light, but that isnt always good. the borg has a bit of heighth to it... couple that with light weight and a full hopper and you get a top heavy marker. if you come from something like a cocker or timmy, im sure youde be fine, but i like something a bit more low profile.
- the trigger is horrible. i never had the chance to get a new trigger, but the stocker would be SO much better without the hump in the center.
- resale is horrible.... both markers i tried to get rid of, i got lucky. but they were honestly THE hardest marker for me to get rid of. though they are rare, and still shoot darts, the demand isnt quite there to make a living off of BSTing borgs...

other than that.. the borg owns. but i always say to people, "if you can try to shoot, or at least hold the new marker your thinking about getting. that marker that looks great on paper might not be so great in person..."

just some thoughts...

Click these --------------> l MFDPB.com l ULed STDM5 l Feedback l MySpace l <-------------- Click these

#3 User is offline   heisman01 

• "the appraiser"
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:heisman01

Posted 24 January 2007 - 07:55 PM

i had an 06 it was great if u get a cyborg dont get rid of it or ull wish u hadnt there great

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users