Special Ops Paintball: Tippmann 98c w/etrigger WWII project - Special Ops Paintball

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Tippmann 98c w/etrigger WWII project m1 carbine or thompson

#1 User is offline   dfencepb 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Andy Freeman

Posted 15 January 2009 - 07:08 PM

hey all

I have wanted to make my tippmann 98c w/e trigger into an m1 carbine for a while now. ive done my research and have come to the conclusion that to fit into a wooden stock, it must be the paratrooper version of the carbine that i mod it into. I would even like to make it magazine-fed if possible. I need to know what i can do for the air system with the stock in the way. any suggestions on how to do this or the magazine-feed?

#2 User is offline   Niceguy74 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 15 January 2009 - 07:48 PM

this may help:

http://www.cushmanpaintball.com/

he does them for you, or you can buy the kits and do it yourself.

#3 User is offline   Marek 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 16 January 2009 - 10:00 AM

you can remote line it so you carry your air tank on your back,
or you can reverse mount your air tank so it faces the opposite direction so it looks like the below:
Posted Image

#4 User is offline   Enhander 

• Enhander
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Enhander

Posted 16 January 2009 - 11:14 AM

Do not, under any circumstances, buy from cushman. Junk products all around.Look at the one that Engler did,
http://www.englerpaintballguns.com/
Its an Ion..but it'll give you an idea of how to mount it. I beleive on of the members on this fourm has done one as well...Ill get a name in a second.

This post has been edited by Enhander: 16 January 2009 - 11:15 AM

#5 User is offline   dfencepb 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 16 January 2009 - 07:03 PM

View PostEnhander, on Jan 16 2009, 01:14 PM, said:

Do not, under any circumstances, buy from cushman. Junk products all around.Look at the one that Engler did,
http://www.englerpaintballguns.com/
Its an Ion..but it'll give you an idea of how to mount it. I beleive on of the members on this fourm has done one as well...Ill get a name in a second.

I have bought from cushman before and i do agree that the quality of the products stink. My mg42 broke in half the first time i used it.

#6 User is offline   shadow_772 

• Never compromise, even in the face of armageddon
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Shadow_772

Posted 17 January 2009 - 11:08 PM

View PostNiceguy74, on Jan 15 2009, 07:48 PM, said:

this may help:

http://www.cushmanpaintball.com/

he does them for you, or you can buy the kits and do it yourself.

Cushman is awful. Do not order their products. I have no experience with them myself, but I have heard too many unsatisfied horror stories to post.

Apparently you are unsatisfied as well.
Marauder_Pilot may be able to help you with the mag feed. I am not sure, but he has a couple of mag fed markers and has posted about them a couple times.

#7 User is offline   josef_k 

• WWII mod-o-holic
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Josef_K

Posted 18 January 2009 - 09:05 PM

If the goal is magazine-feed, you've started with a non-ideal marker valve configuration. You'll notice that the distance between the feedneck and trigger on a 98C is substantially more than the distance between the trigger and magazine of either the M1/M1A1 carbine or M1A1 Thompson SMG. Now, if the goal is to maintain a low profile, you may have to bite the bullet and go with a Q-loader (or similar system). If the goal for the project is specifically a full-auto capable configuration, start with an Ion or E-mag, and go with the M1A1 Thompson SMG.

For your air system, you have the option of:
A ) air-through (and the associated remote line)
B ) Air-in-stock (limited capacity as you may be able to fit a maximum of a 13ci or 3.5oz)
C ) Air on-gun, bracket-mounted (often underneath the marker)
D ) Air integrated into magazine (you'd be best off with either sacrificing a Tiberius 8 in addition to your e-trigger-equipped marker or having the necessary parts machined to accept the Tiberius magazines)

If you have limited access to precision machining and/or woodworking equipment, you've set an ambitious goal for yourself, especially if it's a first-time project. However, if you have sufficient resources (the right combination of money, equipment, and know-how), you'll be able to come up with something.

Keep in mind that a M1A1 paratrooper carbine folding stock, by itself, will run you over $100, to say nothing of being able to package the e-trigger into the profile/volume necessary for it to be compatible with the folding portion of the stock. That isn't to say that it can't be done; using a 98C just makes it a lot more difficult than it needs to be. While it's not the same as the goals that you've laid-out, take a look here; that's the basics of what you'll need to do to make it work. The e-trigger will require more work and the magazine-feed will require more beyond that.

This post has been edited by josef_k: 18 January 2009 - 09:13 PM

There are 101 types of people: those who understand binary, those who don't, and those who just can't count.

#8 User is offline   ww3sabiture 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:#1sniper kid

Posted 18 January 2009 - 09:49 PM

you can pick up a ww2 surpluss M1car for about $900-1000 and use the stock off of that and some of the parts a mini 14 stock will work also (if you want to go cheeper)
Go tell the Spartans, passer-by,
That here, obedient to their laws, we lie.

http://z13.invisionfree.com/TheIronCurtain/index.php?act=idx

#9 User is offline   Gas mask 

• Signed on for the first time in 4 years.
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:GAS MASK

Posted 19 January 2009 - 03:11 PM

Thats a bit steep for somthing your just gonna hack up. (It's inevitable, the 98's not just gonna drop in.) I'd buy a unfinished stock. I'd say go for the tommy.

I am PayPal Verified.

#10 User is offline   Hooligan 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:rook5243

Posted 21 January 2009 - 07:18 AM

Check with Daggerboy 98c. I bought a m1 98c from him and i love it. It's not mag fed, but a noxx55 sick feed is close enough for me

#11 User is offline   dfencepb 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 21 January 2009 - 01:34 PM

View Postdfencepb, on Jan 15 2009, 09:08 PM, said:

1/18/09
hey all

I have wanted to make my tippmann 98c w/e trigger into an m1 carbine for a while now. ive done my research and have come to the conclusion that to fit into a wooden stock, it must be the paratrooper version of the carbine that i mod it into. I would even like to make it magazine-fed if possible. I need to know what i can do for the air system with the stock in the way. any suggestions on how to do this or the magazine-feed?

1/21/09

I have now decided the easiest and cheapest way to go is a thompson smg. I have a general idea of how to do it, and I might be able to make it mag-fed, using surplus thompson smg magazines. If I dig around inside one of the mags, then I could fit a spring inside, and put paintballs in. then I need to find a way to secure it to the gun, which I can copy off of an airsoft gun, and then attach a hose (like the one in a q-loader, since the mag isn't supposed to be rite under where the hopper feeds in. I will use a remote line for air, or I can just put 12 grams in the magazines with the paintballs. I'll post pics as progress continues. if you have any feedback or suggestions, please feel free to leave them.

#12 User is offline   Niceguy74 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 21 January 2009 - 04:41 PM

i didnt know cushman was bad. only seen, never bought it....

the engler stuff looks great!

as for being back on task:

you may be able to buy or make an imitation M1 wood body. as a kid, my grandpa made me a wood M1 Garand to play with. he carved it from memory as he got to carry one for years during WWII. i have thought about trying that myself. i know enough history buffs and gun collectors that i could get it close.

also you may go after a different style of rifle. the M14, the M1 Carbine (paratrooper version had a folding stock), the Russian Tokarev http://world.guns.ru/rifle/rfl06-e.htm , the German Gewehr 43 http://world.guns.ru/rifle/rfl12-e.htm just to name a few........

#13 User is offline   josef_k 

• WWII mod-o-holic
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Josef_K

Posted 22 January 2009 - 10:26 PM

View Postdfencepb, on Jan 21 2009, 01:34 PM, said:

1/21/09

I have now decided the easiest and cheapest way to go is a thompson smg. I have a general idea of how to do it, and I might be able to make it mag-fed, using surplus thompson smg magazines. If I dig around inside one of the mags, then I could fit a spring inside, and put paintballs in. then I need to find a way to secure it to the gun, which I can copy off of an airsoft gun, and then attach a hose (like the one in a q-loader, since the mag isn't supposed to be rite under where the hopper feeds in. I will use a remote line for air, or I can just put 12 grams in the magazines with the paintballs. I'll post pics as progress continues. if you have any feedback or suggestions, please feel free to leave them.

A non-rusted-up/smashed-up surplus M1928 drum magazine will run you close to $1k and a new one will run a few hundred dollars (~$600 or so). You'd have better luck buying an airsoft drum magazine and stripping-out the guts (I've seen good ones for under $250).

This post has been edited by josef_k: 22 January 2009 - 10:27 PM

There are 101 types of people: those who understand binary, those who don't, and those who just can't count.

#14 User is offline   Random_Anarkhy 

• Father of two, with 3 on the way!
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Random_Anarkhy

Posted 23 January 2009 - 08:09 AM

you could also try making one out of Tin, it's really cheap and easy to work with, unfortunately it's shiny, so you'd have to find a way to blue it.

Official Broadsword #104, Tippmann Owner #129, Play with Honor. Current marker :Flatlined Tippmann 98 custom with car stock Future mods: Bolt action Tigershark
Ewoks should be exterminated & skinned for their fur.-The Stuntman

#15 User is offline   ww3sabiture 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:#1sniper kid

Posted 23 January 2009 - 10:25 AM

take it to a gun smith they can do that for you
Go tell the Spartans, passer-by,
That here, obedient to their laws, we lie.

http://z13.invisionfree.com/TheIronCurtain/index.php?act=idx

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users