Special Ops Paintball: So what's up with all the T's and pistols now? - Special Ops Paintball

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

So what's up with all the T's and pistols now? Primary markers. Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   slinkyaroo 

• Gravity takes over where brains leave off.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 01 September 2010 - 08:49 AM

I've been meaning to talk about this. I have only had one game in this year but it was a good one ... Wasaga Beach with 1500+. At the game I have never seen Tiberius and pistols being so popular. It was not uncommon for somebody to use a pistol as their primary. Yes others have done this in the past but that was uncommon. True it's cheaper to play with a pistol but the pistols being used were the higher end mag fed ones not the Zeus and such, so a lot was initially spent on the gear.

Is this becoming more of a trend in woodsball? What are you seeing on your field now?

#2 User is offline   Enhander 

• Enhander
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Enhander

Posted 01 September 2010 - 08:50 AM

Most of our team uses pistols or pumps as a primary. Its cheaper to play and increases your skill. That and Tiberius markers are baller :tup:

#3 User is offline   TREE FITTY 

• Time to get to business...
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:TIPPMANN6791

Posted 01 September 2010 - 08:57 AM

Pistols are just becoming badass around here too. the idea of duel-wielding is catching on, which is weird 'cause thats a lot of money with a tiberius marker. There were enough toters for a 10v10 match last time I went. It was kind of weird but cool at the same time. I never heard a more quiet game...

did I die for a second there?...

#4 User is offline   Thalion 

• Probably in the Shooters Thread...
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 September 2010 - 08:58 AM

I've seen a growing trend this way, just like pump play before it.

It's like having a pump gun in almost every way (saves money in the long run, lightweight, compact, etc), but with the small advantage of when you absolutely must shoot twice, you can do so rapidly.

Historically, pistol wasn't big because there were no really good, but affordable designs (nearly all of them stacked blow backs). The few that were good were extremely expensive.

Now that Tiberius markers are more affordable, and the magazines can be had for less, the pistol has become a more viable primary marker choice. Tippmann's TPX has also turned up in the primary marker role a lot more, likely for the same benefits of the Tiberius, but with cheaper yet magazines.

At the 147-player turn out I saw for my home field's big game this weekend, I saw at least 2-3 guys going pistol primary. In the past, I'd see none or maybe one (and that was if the one was me, and no I wasn't one of them this weekend).

At least, that's my best guess from what I've seen.
Member of Team Akkadian

#5 User is offline   THUNDR 

• Heavy Metal
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Koos

Posted 01 September 2010 - 09:07 AM

Well a lot of people buy electros as their first gun so buying a T8 and a bunch of spare mags could easily cost a lot less than getting an electro. Playing pistol is a LOT of fun, and changes how you see and play the game.

View PostMarine Scout Sniper, on 24 November 2008 - 06:47 PM, said:

I just try to fulfill what the military conciders when they look for a sniper. ...their major concern is over all accuracy, physical stamina, patience, ability to acquire top secret clearance, and prior experience in paintball and/or hunting...

Gearbag Sale

#6 User is offline   ger 

• Shine
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 September 2010 - 09:19 AM

It's definitely starting to pick up speed at our field. Pumps have seen a lot of playing time at the scenarios over the past few years, but pistols are starting to become more popular. Some of our games have required that the CO and/or XO use a pump/pistol, but more regular players are using them as well. We are having a pistol/pump only game on Sept. 12 - of course that's opening day for the Steelers so I'll be missing it, but I'd be there to play if it had been Saturday.

I think a lot of that has to do w/ what Thalion pointed out - the fact that Tiberius & Tippmann have released more quality options in pistols than the older "Spyder" knock-offs.
ger
You bought the brand, not my allegiance.

#7 User is offline   slinkyaroo 

• Gravity takes over where brains leave off.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 01 September 2010 - 09:55 AM

I should note that at the big game I went to I saw more pistols than pumps. That alone I found surprising.

#8 User is offline   Enhander 

• Enhander
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Enhander

Posted 01 September 2010 - 11:38 AM

Yeah theres a bunch of people that use Pistols at are field now. Some by our influence others by their own curiosity hehe. Pistol play is FUN!!

#9 User is offline   alittletippy 

• AlItTlEtIpPy
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:alittletippy

Posted 01 September 2010 - 12:19 PM

I just started running pistol only this last time we played. It was a blast for sure. Makes you think twice about your shots, especially if you are wanting to pick someone off further away.
My Feedback
AIRHOG'S CUSTOM WORKS-CHECK THEM OUT
Tippy's,Thor,Punisher,Punisher CQB,BAKEMONO

#10 User is offline   Crimson.Soldier 

• Cheaters Suck
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Crimson.Soldier

Posted 01 September 2010 - 02:35 PM

View Postslinkyaroo, on 01 September 2010 - 11:49 AM, said:

I've been meaning to talk about this. I have only had one game in this year but it was a good one ... Wasaga Beach with 1500+. At the game I have never seen Tiberius and pistols being so popular. It was not uncommon for somebody to use a pistol as their primary. Yes others have done this in the past but that was uncommon. True it's cheaper to play with a pistol but the pistols being used were the higher end mag fed ones not the Zeus and such, so a lot was initially spent on the gear.

Is this becoming more of a trend in woodsball? What are you seeing on your field now?

I started playing with pistols only about 2 years ago. Since then I have gotten numerous people (most of FEAR) to convert to at least one of their setups being pistol primary. The year after that, Jackson and I sketched up and had the P3Packs made. Since then, they have made playing pistol easier and more fun and bolstering the number of pistol primary players. When you have the right gear, it makes all the difference.

This post has been edited by Crimson.Soldier: 01 September 2010 - 02:36 PM

#11 User is offline   Thumper113 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Ace0rz

Posted 01 September 2010 - 03:34 PM

we got a group of Muppet mower folks from TechPB that play primary dual pistols frequently at my local field..
Special Ops Paintball Elite - Earned at Living Legends 3
Paintball Explosion
FTP inc.

#12 User is offline   Dark Shadow Hunter 

• Screwball, one each.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Dark Shadow Hunter

Posted 02 September 2010 - 07:07 AM

I have never seen anyone using a pistol as a primary at my home field. When they have their woodsball events I occasionally see someone with a pistol as a back up. About the same is true with pumps. Maybe once a month I see someone running a pump as their main marker.

#13 User is offline   Supergyro 

• Ain't He Great, Folks?
  • PipPip

Posted 02 September 2010 - 08:48 AM

At my home field I've seen a few people with pistols, but it's still mostly pump players as far as non-semi play goes.

Pistol play sounds like a lot of fun. I've played pump with a PMI Trracer Tagmaster before and I just bought a Phantom but the lightness and repeatability of a pistol sounds like fun.
Posted Image
"Of course you know, this means war."-Bugs Bunny
"My friend got killed by a throwing star but I live because of DEagle."-Thalion

"The visible spectrum is...RAINBOWS"-Pirate

#14 User is offline   sousey 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:HELL-FIRE

Posted 02 September 2010 - 09:07 AM

Playing pistol is a LOT of fun.
I like the Limited Paint Playing (cost and in the hope that i become a better player)

Now does it count if my primary is a T8 with an MP7 Shroud?

Posted Image

However I am pretty much alone at my local woodsball field on this, they like their Full Auto so it can be a little changing sometimes and usually mix up the day with playing a tac-cap (obviously not on the T8)for some games.

This post has been edited by sousey: 02 September 2010 - 09:45 AM

#15 User is offline   Eskimo 

• Igloo Member #1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Mime

Posted 02 September 2010 - 09:20 AM

since the overpriced TPX came out the T8's dropped 100$ in price.
now everyone can buy them without feeling bad.

If tippmann did this to TPX:
Put the "Fixed" mags in the box so people wont be pissed that there marker comes with "Broken" mags.
Put a better Puncture pin inside.
Dropped the overpriced price by 25-50$.

then the TPX would be a hit.
but when your forced to buy working mags, and then the seals inside of its still suck. not good for 300$ Canadian.

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users