Law Constuction help I have gathered info just want to double check

#1 User is offline   Waldo 

• DPT
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:BES-Waldo

Posted 04 April 2007 - 10:37 AM

Posted Image

This is my plan so far anything missing.

I know
ALL THE NIPPLES MUST BE GALVINIZED STEEL

Use a regulator. Obviously a PPS Stab is the highest quality, will give the least deviation and least chance of reg failure (can be catastrophic in PVC launcher. And to Make sure I test the reg before using it to air up your launcher Dual regs are better.

To Use sch 40 or 80 PVC, 80 preferrably, and not the foam core stuff.And to Make absolutely sure your pipe is solid core. Sch 20 PVC or foamcore will not even hold up to the low psi you'll be running at. Also make sure your pipe is free of any manufacturing defects, and use primer and cement properly when bonding pipe and fittings.

But at the very least, make sure all your parts are rated to about 300psi (metal parts only under pressure), reg it to about 250 with a pop off valve around 275.. and air would be best (comes pre-reged, extra safety measure.. an lp HPA tank is even better), if you use CO2, you'll want to run it through two regs and with the pop off valve.

Ok Lo wrote

Use a burst disk/pop off valve. This can be done by simply inserting a 150psi burst disk (availiable at most hardware stores near the air tools and compressors) into a tapped 1/8" NPT hole, preferrably going through 2 layers of PVC (PVC pipe and a fitting). Do not use a burst disk/pop off valve rated for higher than 150psi! The whole idea of this is that if a reg fails or the pipe otherwise comes to a point where it would overpressurize, this burst disk will vent the pressure before the pipe does violently. Make sure and place this somewhere away from your body when in firing position, don't hit yourself in the head with the air if it goes

where can i put this in my diagram am completly new and dont wannt hurt my self anything will be aperciate if u help just so u know i want constant air and it to be a mortar

#2 User is offline   euglow54 

• Bring it...
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:euglow54

Posted 04 April 2007 - 10:55 AM

Wrong section. PM a mod to move it.
IPB Image
Kill by Necessity, Capture by Design
"Well, euglow54 might be the exact reason to keep the full head gear... " -Armory

#3 User is offline   Desdicardo 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Desdicardo

Posted 04 April 2007 - 01:50 PM

I think you would be better to build an inline system, Those 90s will cut your flow by at least 25%

#4 User is offline   Florentine 

• Group: Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 04 April 2007 - 06:05 PM

great drawing....really high detail and shows every detail...lol....and you spelled steel wrong...lol
Hey baby, wanna come over to myspace so i can twitter your yahoo till I google all over your facebook?
Feedback

Becc: "I'm not really a vegetarian, I eat some forms of sausage."

#5 User is offline   Waldo 

• DPT
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:BES-Waldo

Posted 04 April 2007 - 06:30 PM

Made it fast who cares any information on constructing a law would help alot

#6 User is offline   grumpy 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:gadgit

Posted 05 April 2007 - 05:12 AM

replace a couple of the longer nipples with shorter ones and put in a couple of t's. use 1/2 inch and this will give you someplace to connect reg and pop off valve. you realy don't want to put the reg sticking out the end where it can get bumped and possibly broke off, mounting it o the side would be better. and your air flow will be just fine with this configuration.

This post has been edited by grumpy: 05 April 2007 - 05:18 AM

Book of Armaments (Chapter 2, verses 9-21)
...And Saint Attila raised the sprinkler valve up on high, saying, "O Lord, bless this Thy sprinkler valve that with it Thou mayest blow Thine enemies to tiny bits, in Thy mercy." And the Lord spake, saying, "First shalt thou remove thy solenoid and epoxy the pilot hole, then remove the guide rod, then thread your pilot valve directly to the body of thy sprinkler, lest thou increase thy pilot volume by a single iota, then lobbest thou thy nerfs towards thy foe, who being naughty in my sight, shall procedeth to the gates of reinsertion."

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users