• You cannot reply to this topic

Save Phace

#1 User is offline   Swamp Thing 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:SwampThing666

Posted 21 April 2008 - 07:11 AM

Ok

I just got back from Black Hawk down and I used my Save Phace mask for the entire game

Pros.

Got a shot to my forehead which in my grill would have left a goose egg or welt, but in these no problem hit on the upper mask. In comparison to the Grill better forehead protection.

Breathing. I found these much more comfortable than I find the grill. I never felt that my breathing was significantly effected by this mask. With the grill this is not true.

While I did not get shot in the mouth this weekend I will say that I am certain that this mask will protect my mouth and lips better overall than the grills

Cons

Comfort. I find the grills more comfortable than the Save Phace the foam around the lens is thicker and sits better on my face. I may have had the strap adjusted too tight but I felt like the Save Phace pinched my ears a little.

Foging. I was sweating like a pig, and I did have some fogging. I started breathing thru my nose only and it improved. To me it dons't look like the save phace direct the breath away from the lens as well as the grill. I have fogged my grill before so I need to direct compare it by alternateing masks on the same day in same exact condtions.

Ease of Lens Replacement. I changed fromt he clear to the smoke lens and while the design for the lens change seems solid I have a very difficult time getting the new lens to fit. I had to bend and Flex the mask to get it all to line up. Changeing my Grill the first time was much easier. If the lens had lined up perfect this would have been as simple or simpler than the Grill but the holes required some effort to get everything to line up correctly and to the pegs in and dogged down.

Overall I am happy with the Save Phace. The improved breathing and less chance of hits on my forhead and shrapnel comeing in thru the mouth make me want to continue to use it. It is by no means a slam dunk but if you are looking for a different option you may want to give this mask a try. Looks wise I like how it matchs my Multicam

I do notice that more of my jawline is exposed with these and perhaps the narrow mouth area is part of why these seem to breaths better than the grill for me.

Overall I give them a 4 out of 5. Breathing is my most important quality and I am much more comfortable in these. I like how the multicam graphis match my jersey and pants as well. I also Like the improved forehead and mouth protection. I will be makeing this my primary mask for the time being and hope that the fogging is not a issue.

Here are pics

Attached File  smokesmall.jpg (57.24K)
Number of downloads: 72
Attached File  Smallfull.jpg (27.84K)
Number of downloads: 60

Swamp
Captain Underground Mod Shop Special Operations Guerrillas U.M.S.S.O.G.
SPPL 2nd Place Rookie Division 2008 @ Bearclaw
Executive Officer of the 352nd Panzenjagers OK D Day (2008)
CO of the 709th Artillerie Regiment, OK D Day (2009)

#2 User is offline   asfaraslogic 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 21 April 2008 - 07:16 PM

Got mine in today! Overall I am pleased so far. I did notice the lack of coverage at my lower jaw line. Also the system they have in place with the screws to change the top out seems to be a weak link... My screws were so tight that I had to break out a large screw driver to get them loose and the plastic tabs that they screw through were already showing signs of bending/cracking... And I had just taken it out of the package! We'll see how well there customer service is tomorrow.

This post has been edited by asfaraslogic: 21 April 2008 - 07:17 PM

#3 User is offline   Jornum1 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Jornum1

Posted 25 April 2008 - 11:06 AM

I just posted my thoughts on their customer service.
Swamp thing you may have one of the defective thermal lenses. A batch of them was screwed up by the manufacturer. They will be giving all that have the problem a replacement free of charge.
Also, I also gave my opinion of the mounting system ofr the forehead guard. I was told that the forehead guard/shade problem is being remedied and will be fixed and offered to current owners free of charge. I also was told any improvements they make to a particular mask will be offered to current owners.
There has also been some gripe about people with large heads having trouble with fitment. I was told they are in the process of making a XL version that will be out this year.

I suggest anyone to give them a call if they have any questions or concerns.

#4 User is offline   motoguy1251 

• Mustache Afficianado
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:motoguy1251

Posted 25 April 2008 - 11:18 AM

Holey jawline batman.

it looks pretty good but im still a grill fan.
1Ill be on you like white on rice in a glass of milk on a paper plate in a snow storm!!
2Games: Americas Army, Battlefield 2,2142,1942,vietnam,Fear, CSS,Red Orchestra,DOD, Oblivion,GaryMod,more

#5 User is offline   Hellspawn 

• A Fetching Fetcher
  • PipPipPip

Posted 25 April 2008 - 11:45 AM

if they made a larger version, I dont think I would have any complaints with the system.
Id like to see one painted with omnipat.
Allthough, it will take alot for me to give up my grills

#6 User is offline   The Hobbit 

• Formerly Shadowlord
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 April 2008 - 08:49 PM

yeah the Team i play for (Band-of-Brothers) just got sponsored by Save Phace. Our order showed up today. I regret not getting one with the rest of the team but I just didnt have the moola at the time
Posted Image

#7 User is offline   asfaraslogic 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 26 April 2008 - 08:52 AM

Well I got an email back basically stating what Jornum wrote.

So far I am happy with thier level of responsiveness, and the quickness in which they have done so!

And after trying my wifes on, I am seriously considering swapping the ole I3 pro out for one myself. I really like the mask, and the lense system on them. seems like they would protect well, and they felt good and vent well while on. I am hoping that the xl version, only widens the jawline a fraction. maybe a 1/16 or 1/8 inch addition is needed. I will of course have to run around in hers before I decide.

This post has been edited by asfaraslogic: 26 April 2008 - 08:54 AM

#8 User is offline   Swamp Thing 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:SwampThing666

Posted 29 April 2008 - 07:16 AM

Thanks for the info Guys

I am gonna be playing in them this weekend and If I have more fogging issues I will give them a call.

Swamp
Captain Underground Mod Shop Special Operations Guerrillas U.M.S.S.O.G.
SPPL 2nd Place Rookie Division 2008 @ Bearclaw
Executive Officer of the 352nd Panzenjagers OK D Day (2008)
CO of the 709th Artillerie Regiment, OK D Day (2009)

#9 User is offline   SECTOR/6 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 19 May 2008 - 03:28 PM

Ok men, I put my new SAVE PHACE mask to the test.
Intimidator Mask $49.99
Dis Series Feature:
Comes with Single Pane Lens
Protective high gloss clear coat
Tough, durable plastic
Interchangeable polycarbonate lens with military grade AF+AS+UV coatings
Open Cell foam
Adjustable strap with Sure Grip Technology
Does NOT include stuff sack (sold separately)
30 day limited manufacturer's warranty
pros:
MASK FITS VERY WELL
NICE CUSTOM FINISH
FITS LIKE A FULL FACE HELMET
CLEAR VISION 18O DEGREE
I played in this mask for four hours in 80 degree weather and very humid here in Georgia and not one time did the mask fog up.
took a few shots to the face and it did not effect the finish on the mask.
CONS:
Seems that it leaves the lower jaw bone exposed.
All in all I am very happy with it. And with so many to choose from and even ones you can have custom painted.
I took this mask out and put it in the yard and stood about 5 feet from it and unloaded 50 rounds from my a5 right into the lens and when I washed it off not a mark on the lens or the finish on the mask.
sponsor of SECTOR/6Visit My Website
www.savephace.com
www.milsimempire.com

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users