• You cannot reply to this topic

Realms of Ruin Paintball Field Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   aslanprime 

• Tippmann Slayer
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:ASLANPRIME

Posted 07 June 2010 - 06:58 AM

I drove by the field on the way home Sunday and it looked like there was a pretty good turnout. I saw some tents set up and a bunch of cars parked out on the road.

I just moved to the area and have been meaning to check this field out given it's close proximity to me.

A few questions for anyone that has played there:
- Is there camping there every weekend, or just during events?
- What is the parking like? Can you walk from the break area to your car or is it a long haul?
- I understand it's FPO, $60/case...is that correct? Does a case usually last?
- What's the turnout usually like on a normal Saturday and/or Sunday? Looked like a decent turnout yesterday despite the storms that rolled through the area the night and morning before.
- I checked out the website and it looks like 2 teams (Rarebreed and Nightshade) frequent the field. Are they there most weekends or just every now and then?

Any other info from those who frequent the field would be welcome as well.

Looks like a good time. Hopefully I can make it out there soon.
Proto Matrix PM5, Toxic trigger, Shocktech clamping feedneck, Virtue Board, CP On/Off, Dye Dm4 Sticky Grips, 12" Long Shot barrel
Automaggot #26 MY WEBPAGE MY FEEDBACK GUNS FOR SALE MY BRIGADE PAGE CHEAPEST PAINTBALLS ONLINE

#2 User is offline   RBHitman 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Post icon  Posted 07 June 2010 - 08:47 PM

View Postaslanprime, on Jun 7 2010, 08:58 AM, said:

I drove by the field on the way home Sunday and it looked like there was a pretty good turnout. I saw some tents set up and a bunch of cars parked out on the road.

I just moved to the area and have been meaning to check this field out given it's close proximity to me.

A few questions for anyone that has played there:
- Is there camping there every weekend, or just during events?
- What is the parking like? Can you walk from the break area to your car or is it a long haul?
- I understand it's FPO, $60/case...is that correct? Does a case usually last?
- What's the turnout usually like on a normal Saturday and/or Sunday? Looked like a decent turnout yesterday despite the storms that rolled through the area the night and morning before.
- I checked out the website and it looks like 2 teams (Rarebreed and Nightshade) frequent the field. Are they there most weekends or just every now and then?

Any other info from those who frequent the field would be welcome as well.

Looks like a good time. Hopefully I can make it out there soon.

Hey hows it going aslanprime,
Im from Rare Breed... we are one of the sponsored teams at realms and also host 3 of the events they hold each year. Im glad to see you are interested in Realms....its a great field. They have done a lot of work in the past year to the field as well as management of it. As for your questions,
Camping is only for the Big events for paintball and airsoft.
Parking is on a first come first server basis.....there are a lot places to park, close and far from the field. The good thing is that if you do get stuck parking in the lot, you can always drop off your gear at the pavilion and its still walking distance to your vehicle.
Field paint is usually Draxxus Field paint or Draxxus Triumph, both are really good paint. If your playing for a day and not a heavy shooter then a case should be fine.
As for the turnout....it all depends, sometimes good and some bad. I would say your best bet is to call and see what its looking like. The owners and people who work there are really good peeps and wont steer you wrong. :)
If you would like to come out when we are there.....you can check out our site and check our schedule @ http://rarebreedpaintball.com/

I hope this info. helps and if you have any more questions please dont hesitate to ask!! :rolleyes:
RB. Co-founder/Team Admin/Team Producer

#3 User is offline   aslanprime 

• Tippmann Slayer
  • PipPipPip

Posted 08 June 2010 - 06:30 AM

View PostRBHitman, on Jun 7 2010, 10:47 PM, said:

I hope this info. helps and if you have any more questions please dont hesitate to ask!! :rolleyes:

Yes, that helps a great deal. I will certainly make it out there one of these weekends, maybe the end of June. The field is so close by that it's hard to find an excuse "not" to play there. I'd like to play out there a couple times and then maybe hit that 8-hour game they got going on in August.

One more question...I noticed on the website something about credit card payments for big games needing to be phoned in ahead of time. I'm assuming that on Saturdays and Sundays they take credit card payments for paint correct? Probably a dumb question, but I'd hate to get out there with $20 and a credit card and have to leave to find an ATM.

Thanks again and hopefully I'll see ya out there.
Proto Matrix PM5, Toxic trigger, Shocktech clamping feedneck, Virtue Board, CP On/Off, Dye Dm4 Sticky Grips, 12" Long Shot barrel
Automaggot #26 MY WEBPAGE MY FEEDBACK GUNS FOR SALE MY BRIGADE PAGE CHEAPEST PAINTBALLS ONLINE

#4 User is offline   Bone37 

• The Chicago 37th S.P.S. Heavy Gunner
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Bone37

Posted 12 June 2010 - 10:58 AM

View Postaslanprime, on Jun 8 2010, 08:30 AM, said:

I hope this info. helps and if you have any more questions please dont hesitate to ask!! :D

Yes, that helps a great deal. I will certainly make it out there one of these weekends, maybe the end of June. The field is so close by that it's hard to find an excuse "not" to play there. I'd like to play out there a couple times and then maybe hit that 8-hour game they got going on in August.

One more question...I noticed on the website something about credit card payments for big games needing to be phoned in ahead of time. I'm assuming that on Saturdays and Sundays they take credit card payments for paint correct? Probably a dumb question, but I'd hate to get out there with $20 and a credit card and have to leave to find an ATM.

Yes you can buy paint there day of game with a credit card.
Come to the august game and run with us. Chicago 37th
This is going to be a good one!
Also in October out captain-Crimson is general for the S.T.A.R.S. side and I will be XO.
We are already working on the details and stuff for that game.
Posted Image

37sps.com

#5 User is offline   RBHitman 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 13 June 2010 - 06:20 PM

View Postaslanprime, on Jun 8 2010, 08:30 AM, said:

I hope this info. helps and if you have any more questions please dont hesitate to ask!! :dodgy:

Np at all.....I noticed that you registered with our site awhile back. Unfortunetly I think someone deleted the account thinking it was spam. If you could do me a favor and check for me I would appreciate it and make sure it doesnt happen again if that is the case. Thanks and hope to see ya soon!!
RB. Co-founder/Team Admin/Team Producer

#6 User is offline   aslanprime 

• Tippmann Slayer
  • PipPipPip

Posted 21 September 2010 - 07:49 PM

Man, I was so disappointed. I went out to the field a couple months ago, beautiful day on a Saturday, NOBODY there. I was the ONLY one that showed up. I waited like 2 hours to see if anyone else would show up and nobody did.

I was going to go to the Operation Jericho game, but the evening before I came down with strept throat and hurt my foot running. So I ended up going to the emergency room instead.

Now I guess I gotta aim for Resident Evil Biohazzard?

This is kinda depressing because this field is like the only one within a decent drive of me...but I've NEVER been to a field on a nice Saturday afternoon and had NOBODY show. I've gotten to fields on rainy, cold days and had only about 3-7 guys show up. But where I moved from, there were numerous fields and outlaw games going on everywhere so you could usually find some decent paintball somewhere. Now I'm in the boonies and there's just one field. I guess I could drive all the way out to Fox...but that's a long dang drive just to play paintball on an afternoon.

Anybody from Rarebreed or Nightshade play at RofR often? Is it weird that there'd be nobody there on a Saturday in July or is the something that happens? Any other fields nearby that you guys recommend?

I'm gonna try to make it for Resident Evil though...hope to see ya there!

This post has been edited by aslanprime: 21 September 2010 - 07:57 PM

#7 User is offline   Thumper113 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Ace0rz

Posted 21 September 2010 - 09:09 PM

as much as i would want too.. i dont think im going to be able to afford another scenario game.. especially a weekend one..

i might be able to hit the Mini scenario game @ fox on the 31st, there is generally a good amount of people out there for the mini games at fox..

and that is pretty rare to hear that no one is at a field on nice saturday afternoon..
Special Ops Paintball Elite - Earned at Living Legends 3
Paintball Explosion
FTP inc.

#8 User is offline   aslanprime 

• Tippmann Slayer
  • PipPipPip

Posted 02 October 2010 - 05:34 PM

Anyne know if Resident Evil Biohazzard is even going on?

I checked the RofR website and it's there under "events". But there is no additional information on pre-registration or the schedule. And there doesn't appear to be any information on the Rarebreed website either. I'd like to get in some play before the weather turns too cold, but I'm getting nervous that maybe this event isn't happening or anything.

#9 User is offline   Bone37 

• PipPipPip

Posted 02 October 2010 - 09:33 PM

Yes the game is going to happen. Im the XO for the S.T.A.R.S side, you wanna play for us?

Here you go...Resident Evil

This post has been edited by Bone37: 02 October 2010 - 09:35 PM

Posted Image

37sps.com

#10 User is offline   aslanprime 

• Tippmann Slayer
  • PipPipPip

Posted 03 October 2010 - 12:07 PM

View PostBone37, on 03 October 2010 - 12:33 AM, said:

Yes the game is going to happen. Im the XO for the S.T.A.R.S side, you wanna play for us?

Here you go...Resident Evil

Awesome! Sure, I'll play Stars...why not? I went to the link but don't have the permissions to see anything. Is there anywhere I can go to pre-register? Thanks.

#11 User is offline   Bone37 

• PipPipPip

Posted 03 October 2010 - 01:56 PM

You could join the forum.
Attached File  Biohazard at Realms of Ruin.jpg (139.94K)
Number of downloads: 3

Here's more info. Realms Of Ruin

Our camp site is pretty full at the moment, but if you get there somewhat early on Friday
you shouldn't have a hard time finding a good place to camp.
Just you?

This post has been edited by Bone37: 03 October 2010 - 02:03 PM

Posted Image

37sps.com

#12 User is offline   aslanprime 

• Tippmann Slayer
  • PipPipPip

Posted 22 October 2010 - 08:42 PM

Well, I've come down with some type of cold or virus or something...but if it's not crippling me tomorrow morning, I'm gonna make it out there. Unfortunately, still can't seem to find a schedule of events or anything so I have to assume the event starts at 9AM which is the usual RofR start time. I'm gonna be pissed if I get there around 7:30-8:00AM and find out the event started at 7AM. And the next problem...looks like rain both days!!! Ughhh!! I might try to brave it if it's not raining too bad, but given my cold and everything, if it's pouring tomorrow morning, I'll probably sit it out, at least day 1. Rain looks to be light and not start till 9AM...but unfortunately it looks to be an all-day problem. Sunday looks like it might rain harder, but it's not as certain. The good news is the temps look great, low 70s.

But...this might be the last hoorah for paintball in 2010, so I gotta make it. Actually, Battle for Stalingrad is in November...so I still might have one last event left before it gets too cold.

#13 User is offline   aslanprime 

• Tippmann Slayer
  • PipPipPip

Posted 24 October 2010 - 02:29 PM

Well...I'm pretty much pissed off at this point!!

I got up early on Saturday, felt okay. Looked at the weather report and it pretty much looked like constant rain all day. So, I figured, well...I'll wait and play tomorrow (Sunday) when the rain has passed through. So, I go about my day Saturday and it turns out that there was only a little on and off sprinkles in the AM and then the weather was great!

So, I get up early Sunday morning, feel okay, look at the weather report and it says strong thunderstorms expected in the AM and PM. So, I'm thinking, well, I don't want to pack everything up and go out there and play if it's going to be a friggin downpour all day. So, I go back to bed. Got up for church...it's BEAUTIFUL outside!!! It's been like 74 degrees and sunny ALL DAY!!! The weather channel can KIss My ...whatever. That's rediculous!! It's one thing to be a "bit off" in the forecast...but to be THAT far off...redicuolous!!

So, I hope everyone had fun...maybe somebody can post a report and let me know how it went.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users