#46 User is offline   Flippy the Wonder Bunny 

• My E-MAN PART is bigger than yours
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 01 December 2008 - 06:03 PM

View PostThe Dirty Samurai, on Dec 1 2008, 02:13 PM, said:

View PostPandemonium, on Dec 1 2008, 02:08 PM, said:

View Postghost93, on Nov 20 2008, 06:37 PM, said:

How about a flat 15bps max ROF? Stopping people from using a better gun is dumb IMO. Why don't you just admit they won because they are a better team, and not because of their high ROF?

Figures that a speedball player would repost this. LOL
ROF Cap is fine...but for both sides.

Q:Why don't you just admit they won because they are a better team, and not because of their high ROF?
A: Um...were you there? Don't think so. Just admit that you being biased for speedballers. Just wamnt it level

Really? Should I post up a picture of me in my paintball loadout. I have Specops Ultralites and a Specops vest. Yet I am biased towards speedball. If the other team chooses to limit themselves to slow, crappy Tippmanns with 20 pound of poo bolted on it then they should learn to make up for it.

Have you ever actually seen a respectable speedball team? Most of them are great athletes. They are quick on their feet, have great teamwork, and can snap shoot like no other. Just because they can shoot faster doesn't mean they aren't better. They also spent time building up their muscles to be able to work the trigger that fast.

Just a bit of advice for next time that you are going to call someone out on their comments, you might actually want to know what you are talking about.

#47 User is offline   cor_man257 

• Just some random guy.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:cor_man257

Posted 01 December 2008 - 06:27 PM

This is how one goes about being owned by a fact and logic weilding ghost93.

I say cap the BPS. It simple enough. Effective enough. But I just your average outlaw paintballer. So... yeah there may be no merit in this paragraph.
Iraq. Been there. Done that. OIF 2010- OND 2011.
I long for the life of a patio owner. Guitar, a grill, and laying in a hammock with the one you love staring at the skyline and the sunsets.Posted Image

#48 User is offline   Flippy the Wonder Bunny 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 December 2008 - 06:31 PM

View Postcor_man257, on Dec 1 2008, 07:27 PM, said:

This is how one goes about being owned by a fact and logic weilding ghost93.

I say cap the BPS. It simple enough. Effective enough. But I just your average outlaw paintballer. So... yeah there may be no merit in this paragraph.

I'm totally sigging that lol.

#49 User is offline   cor_man257 

• Just some random guy.
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 December 2008 - 06:36 PM

I'll edit my sig accordingly. lol.

But Im curious, since I dont know where the rules for the SPPL are, so could someone link them?
I long for the life of a patio owner. Guitar, a grill, and laying in a hammock with the one you love staring at the skyline and the sunsets.Posted Image

#50 User is offline   Flippy the Wonder Bunny 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 December 2008 - 06:39 PM

http://www.playsppl.com/modules.php?name=C...wpage&pid=1

The rules in the SPPL are biased against electros. It's rediculous. :P

#51 User is offline   cor_man257 

• Just some random guy.
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 December 2008 - 07:00 PM

Wow... thats... Stupid.

Restricting the hoppers is better then restricting the guns you can use... but I guess you would have to trust the players to be honest when playing, and not to use cheater modes. But I guess its just that simple. Paintball players are no longer trustworthy especially when there are prizes and cash at stake in a tournament be in speedball or scenerio. thats just sad.

I understand the cap on the bps, it makes it harder for players with no skill to sit in one place and shoot anything that moves with some amazing bps... but the hopper restrictions seem odd. I guess its just meant to help enforce the bps cap because its impossible to monitor for cheater boards.

#52 User is offline   Flippy the Wonder Bunny 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 December 2008 - 07:05 PM

View Postcor_man257, on Dec 1 2008, 08:00 PM, said:

Wow... thats... Stupid.

Restricting the hoppers is better then restricting the guns you can use... but I guess you would have to trust the players to be honest when playing, and not to use cheater modes. But I guess its just that simple. Paintball players are no longer trustworthy especially when there are prizes and cash at stake in a tournament be in speedball or scenerio. thats just sad.

I understand the cap on the bps, it makes it harder for players with no skill to sit in one place and shoot anything that moves with some amazing bps... but the hopper restrictions seem odd. I guess its just meant to help enforce the bps cap because its impossible to monitor for cheater boards.

There are some mechs that can shoot over 15. But I don't see any restrictions on them at all. Their rules make no sense.

#53 User is offline   The Dirty Samurai 

• The Finger Of God
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:The Dirty Samurai

Posted 01 December 2008 - 07:16 PM

View Postghost93, on Dec 1 2008, 07:03 PM, said:

How about a flat 15bps max ROF? Stopping people from using a better gun is dumb IMO. Why don't you just admit they won because they are a better team, and not because of their high ROF?

Q:Why don't you just admit they won because they are a better team, and not because of their high ROF?
A: Um...were you there? Don't think so. Just admit that you being biased for speedballers. Just wamnt it level

Really? Should I post up a picture of me in my paintball loadout. I have Specops Ultralites and a Specops vest. Yet I am biased towards speedball. If the other team chooses to limit themselves to slow, crappy Tippmanns with 20 pound of poo bolted on it then they should learn to make up for it.

Have you ever actually seen a respectable speedball team? Most of them are great athletes. They are quick on their feet, have great teamwork, and can snap shoot like no other. Just because they can shoot faster doesn't mean they aren't better. They also spent time building up their muscles to be able to work the trigger that fast.

Just a bit of advice for next time that you are going to call someone out on their comments, you might actually want to know what you are talking about.

But you ASSUMED this and you weren't there:
You said, "Why don't you just admit they won because they are a better team, and not because of their high ROF?"
I think you should listen to your own advice. I saw some teams play very well against them. The better team did win. Each had its advantages and disadvantages. Skill, ROF, home field, never been there before, etc. There were a lot of factors involved. I just want us to see if ROF is brought to a level what the outcome would be.
Special Ops Feedback: http://forum.specialopspaintball.com/index...showtopic=52171
PB Nation Feedback: http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=1547443
The L.O.S.T. Boys(League Of Scenario Tippmanns): http://tobewired.com/reaper

#54 User is offline   Ecellg 

• Landing gear 25' from plane.
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:ecellg

Posted 01 December 2008 - 07:19 PM

^^ Borrow a good marker and go play with them. Seriously, you could easily go out and get just as good a marker. I still think they would beat you though.

This post has been edited by Ecellg: 01 December 2008 - 07:20 PM

FULDA GAP 2009
Serving In The:
U.S. 3rd Mechanized Infantry Division/3rd Brigade 3-22 Infantry
NATO WILL Be Victorious This Next Year

#55 User is offline   Flippy the Wonder Bunny 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 December 2008 - 07:24 PM

View PostThe Dirty Samurai, on Dec 1 2008, 08:16 PM, said:

View Postghost93, on Dec 1 2008, 07:03 PM, said:

But you ASSUMED this and you weren't there:
You said, "Why don't you just admit they won because they are a better team, and not because of their high ROF?"
I think you should listen to your own advice. I saw some teams play very well against them. The better team did win. Each had its advantages and disadvantages. Skill, ROF, home field, never been there before, etc. There were a lot of factors involved. I just want us to see if ROF is brought to a level what the outcome would be.

You even said that the better team won. I didn't assume that. Thats the way tournaments work. They weed out the bad teams and the good ones last longer. High ROF won't make the team amazing. It will help a little. But if their teamwork sucks they will get destroyed by a good team. I wasn't saying that the other teams were horrible. Just that the winning teams were better.

If you are going to put a ROF put it straight across the board. That is fair isn't it? I don't get how my saying that makes me have a bias towards speedballers. Obviously you are the one with a bias.

#56 User is offline   EpShot 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 01 December 2008 - 07:27 PM

why not just limit paint?
something like 200 rounds per person.

#57 User is offline   Thalion 

• Probably in the Shooters Thread...
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 December 2008 - 07:29 PM

In the case of the SPPL, I understand what SO is trying to accomplish (that is, making it extremely easy to determine that all markers will stay within the BPS limit) even if I don't necessarily agree with the method. I agree that some mechanicals fire faster and thus it allows for possible loopholes in the favor of a mech trigger, but you won't hear me complaining about it though, as teams know the rule going into it and agree to accept those terms by registering and participating in the event.

View PostThe Dirty Samurai, on Dec 1 2008, 08:16 PM, said:

The better team did win. Each had its advantages and disadvantages. Skill, ROF, home field, never been there before, etc. There were a lot of factors involved. I just want us to see if ROF is brought to a level what the outcome would be.

If ROF isn't the issue and the better team won, why are we making it an issue?

We've already gone over this. ROF alone is not an advantage. ROF combined with another existing skill can become an advantage when used properly, but it requires additional skills. Ergo, there would be little to no change in outcome.
Member of Team Akkadian

#58 User is offline   Flippy the Wonder Bunny 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 December 2008 - 07:29 PM

View PostEpShot, on Dec 1 2008, 08:27 PM, said:

why not just limit paint?
something like 200 rounds per person.

That would work too. As long as it was for everybody.

#59 User is offline   The Dirty Samurai 

• The Finger Of God
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:The Dirty Samurai

Posted 01 December 2008 - 07:35 PM

Alright, alright, alright...
You know what....let's not start a HOLY WAR. This is getting too heated up. I'll be the first to apologize. I'm sorry if I offended anyone. But I was offended that people wanted to automatically assume that the milsim teams played horribly. A lot of them played very well. LA Distraction and the Psycho Clowns(Hybrid Team) are great teams. I'm not trying to create a rift. I have friends who only play Speedball and they have my highest respect. I have even played alongside them with an A5 that I set up like a speedball marker. I knew if I said something about them winning, you guys would press even harder. Damned if I do, damned if I don't. Whatever.....

I think this tournament is something that can grow. Your opinions are not barred. Hopefully they will actually make the WTL better. Make our teams better. Some of us play the long scenario games. The WTL gives us the pressure of time to the woodsball/scenario player. Every league has it's rules that the other doesn't have. Some players like and some don't. Variety is the spice of life. Let's have comments that help it grow, not bash it into a memory.
Again, with all due respect...I'm sorry if I offended anyone

Anyway....Limiting the rounds sounds like a good idea. The Tac-Ten works with limited paint.
Special Ops Feedback: http://forum.specialopspaintball.com/index...showtopic=52171
PB Nation Feedback: http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=1547443
The L.O.S.T. Boys(League Of Scenario Tippmanns): http://tobewired.com/reaper

#60 User is offline   Pandemonium 

• Group: Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Pandemonium

Posted 01 December 2008 - 07:35 PM

If ROF isn't the issue and the better team won, why are we making it an issue?

We've already gone over this. ROF alone is not an advantage. ROF combined with another existing skill can become an advantage when used properly, but it requires additional skills. Ergo, there would be little to no change in outcome.

Exactly. And don't bring such a biased attitude into these forums. It ruffles peoples feathers, including mine. High ROF's are not crutches to good players...they are merely another applicable tool to be used in a game. Don't use it as an excuse.

Edit: apology accepted. sorry if i came across as harsh. i wasnt assuming that milsim teams played poorly, merely that you were looking for an excuse for their loosing...and you came across a difference in ROF. whatever.

This post has been edited by Pandemonium: 01 December 2008 - 07:38 PM

Share this topic:

• (9 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users