• You cannot reply to this topic

2 Tanks, 1 Gun Has anyone done it??

#1 User is offline   Weezle 

• Dagger
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Northeast

Posted 09 March 2009 - 10:14 PM

Alright. I have an ION, with a 68/3000 tank mounted on a recon vest. When I play, I cary a full vest of paint. I would like to also cary a pod leg pouch sometimes. But, I can barely shoot all the paint I cary, I know its only 4 pods and a hopper, well I can shoot it all, i just get drop off when I get into a firefight when my tank is gettin low. But I am thinking about getting another tank and sewing the pouch onto the vest. Then I want to connect both tanks together, so I only have 1 remote going to 2 tanks. I am curious if anyone has done this before? If so, can you post pics or explain, if not Ill figure somthing out. Maybe Ill get an 88/45 or something big that is a 4500. Thanks.

Weezle,
Official SmartParts Owner #59-----------Official ION Owner #27

#2 User is offline   Green Army Men 

• Melting Away The Competition
  • PipPip

Posted 09 March 2009 - 10:34 PM

Ill shot a ion with a 68/45k before and will a qev and tech t l6 can get 6 pods and a hopper, i would just get a bigger tank and wouldnt mess around with a remote hook to two tanks. Plus this sounds dangerous.
THP

Its a Tippmann(It probably has the stock Accuracy of a Grapefruit) -----destoryka

#3 User is offline   THE Biscuit 

• "...The snozberries taste like snozberries..."
  • PipPip

Posted 09 March 2009 - 11:26 PM

View PostWeezle, on Mar 9 2009, 10:14 PM, said:

Alright. I have an ION, with a 68/3000 tank mounted on a recon vest. When I play, I cary a full vest of paint. I would like to also cary a pod leg pouch sometimes. But, I can barely shoot all the paint I cary, I know its only 4 pods and a hopper, well I can shoot it all, i just get drop off when I get into a firefight when my tank is gettin low. But I am thinking about getting another tank and sewing the pouch onto the vest. Then I want to connect both tanks together, so I only have 1 remote going to 2 tanks. I am curious if anyone has done this before? If so, can you post pics or explain, if not Ill figure somthing out. Maybe Ill get an 88/45 or something big that is a 4500. Thanks.

Weezle,

You could tie two tanks together without any problems. It'll be a whole lot heavier than just running, say a 90/45.
You'd need a couple of UFAs, a couple of fittings....a 90* and a female run T and a piece of SS braided line to connect the UFAs together.
"So I'm sorry, but there are some noobs that are just more fun than a barrel of monkeys." -Snatch_Patcherson

#4 User is offline   Piller 

• Piller
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Piller

Posted 09 March 2009 - 11:32 PM

You can technically put universal fill adapters on each tank, and then connect it into a T-Connection which will route into your marker. The UFAs will allow you to control which tank is open or closed. You can either run one at a time or simultaneously. If both are open their fill will balance out.

Two tanks can be quite heavy though. I run around without a harness and a 9oz or 12 grams for the entire day so it would be totally different for me. It also complicates things more than they really need to be. I would suggest just getting a larger tank. 4500psi fills are great if you have one available in your area.

The absolute cheapest and easiest solution is to just not get into a firefight, or practice shooting less per game.
Automaggot #123 - Pump User #152 - ICE Epic Owner
"Marketing hype in paintball?! The nerve of some people. After all, we paintballers would never throw our hard earned cash into the magic box of marketing hype."

#5 User is offline   MattRC 

• QCBoss
  • Pip

Posted 10 March 2009 - 03:14 AM

. i have an airhog of a marker. tricked out x7 with response and cyclone. so i have wondered this same question over and over and then it came to me . i ran 2 separate tanks on 2 separate remotes. run one dry and switch remotes. easier safer and better. i have not came up with a good vest plain though( the hammer here at specops but i have 3 vests already as it is so i dont need another)

This post has been edited by MattRC: 10 March 2009 - 03:15 AM

Deuteronomy 32:41
“Si acuero ut fulgur gladium meum et arripuerit iudicium manus mea, reddam ultionem hostibus meis et his qui oderunt me retribuam”
["When I whet my flashing sword and my hand takes hold in judgment, I shall take vengeance upon mine enemies and I will repay those who hate me"]

Feedback------ http://forum.specialopspaintball.com/index...howtopic=167410

#6 User is offline   SFC. Connell 

• *Extreme Strategist*
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:SFC. Connell

Posted 10 March 2009 - 03:42 AM

First off, look into the QEV because my friend has and ion with a QEV and he's ROUGHLY (total and complete estimate) shooting 1200 rounds off a 68/4500. He runs with 6 pods on him and I almost never see him run out of air before those pods are gone. So deffinitely look into air efficient upgrades for your gun.
Feedback

She faked a funeral so people would come visit?
ROFLMAO That's both terrible and hilarious at the same time.-Pirate

#7 User is offline   Weezle 

• Dagger
  • PipPip

Posted 10 March 2009 - 04:11 AM

Alright. I like Piller's idea. Thats what I was thinking about. And MattRC, Your idea works, but I was kinda looking for something a little more complex, that way it would be easier. But know that Im looking at this idea, and hearing other people, its not sounding too good. I put my vest on full of paint and a tank, and managed to put my friends tank on for a second, and it is pretty heavy. Im thinking Ill just get a bigger 4500, maybe even a 68/45. I was more curious if anyone else has done this. But seeing as only one person has, Im not thinking so. So, time to shop. lol. Thankyou everyone for the inout and ideas.

For the guys talking about the ION's. I have both an upgraded bolt, the Firebolt and SP QEV. I am curious to know the settings of the Dwell and ROF??

Weezle,

#8 Guest_Cesar_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 10 March 2009 - 06:46 AM

i know Bubba3 has 2 tanks running through one remote....you can PM him to find out how he did it...

#9 User is offline   Marek 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 10 March 2009 - 10:41 AM

if you have an asa with multiple macro fittings you can screw a tank on your gun then run another macroline from the same asa into another one which will have the remote fittings on

#10 User is offline   SGT Havoc 

• SGT Havoc
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:SGT Havoc

Posted 10 March 2009 - 11:54 AM

i would just get a 88/45 i shoot an a5 and can shot well over 1500 rounds on one fill
"Tippmanns are the AK-47s of paintball, Do what ever you want to them they WILL WORK!
Official Broadsword #88

i call her Vera
25 bps

#11 User is offline   Weezle 

• Dagger
  • PipPip

Posted 10 March 2009 - 12:01 PM

I'm trying to keep the tank off the gun. So that idea wont work. Im just going to get an 88/45, or similar.

#12 User is offline   Scavies 

• DIY Extrordinaire
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Valjean

Posted 14 March 2009 - 06:02 AM

Oh I've done it before. I let them both on at same time mainly for the reason of having constant CO2 freeze-ups when I was rapid firing.

It works well. The temperature and the pressure drop is lowered for both CO2 tanks between shots. Now for safety, I would never take a chance and hook up two CO2s of different sizes or hook up an HPA to a CO2. I'm talking about running both of them at the same time btw.
FREE stock picks and market analysis by a self-taught day trader!
TradersBase.com

#13 User is offline   Tora 

• Yes, that is Barney. My Barney. No you can't have him.
  • PipPipPip

Posted 14 March 2009 - 07:10 AM

With a QEV your dwell should be set at about about 8ms.
manual
FEEDBACK

My momma raised me the be SHAMELESS!

#14 User is offline   Orpackrat 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Orpackrat

Posted 14 March 2009 - 05:09 PM

Yes, I run double 48oz Co2 tanks on remote.

#15 User is offline   josef_k 

• WWII mod-o-holic
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Josef_K

Posted 16 March 2009 - 09:47 AM

The last time I ran two tanks was on a VM68, probably sometime around 1998 or so (one vertical in front of the trigger frame and one off the back, doubling as a stock). Certainly shouldn't be an issue for you to get connected together.

There are 101 types of people: those who understand binary, those who don't, and those who just can't count.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users