Special Ops Paintball: Where to get CO2 in central WV? - Special Ops Paintball

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Where to get CO2 in central WV? the most challenging part of getting a game together Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   bluej 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:bluej

Posted 28 September 2010 - 07:35 AM

So my friends and family love to get together for a day of paintball. We have tons of fun, it's fairly inexpensive, and we play in my grandparents back yard (it's a big back yard). But the problem is getting our CO2 tanks filled. We live in Clay County, WV--obviously no paintball fields or shops anywhere near us. We used to go to South Charelston (Dick's and GanderMt.) to get filled but they are both unreliable at best. So the simple question is does anyone know a good place to get CO2? Anywhere else in Charleston or maybe the Summersville (Nicholas Co.) areas? So, if anyone has any info that could help out a fellow paintballer who desperatly wants to play I appreciate it! :D
Paintballerís prayer:
Dear God; so far today, I have not lost my temper, I have not cursed, yelled, stormed off, thrown my marker down, or tried to wipe off a hit. I have shown good sportsmanship, been courteous to all, and politely listened to the advice of my teammates.
But God, in a moment the horn will sound and the first game will start, and Iím really going to need your help from here on out. Amen

Lifeís crazy! Iím just embracing it.

#2 User is offline   Zz Loth zZ 

• Wellst Obviously We Have a Rapist
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:ZZLOTHZZ

Posted 28 September 2010 - 01:52 PM

I don't like anywhere near there, but I know that a lot of the time you can get your tanks filled at hardwares. Perhaps you should look into buying your co2 in bulk. If all of your friends and family chipped in it should be fairly inexpensive to get a bulk tank (I have one but I don't remember how much it cost... It came from my dad's shop). If you got a bulk tank and learned to fill them your selves you should be able to get countless fills off of one bulk tank.

I don't know if you will want to do it, but it could be something you might want to look into.

EDIT: not countless fills... but a lot :P

This post has been edited by Zz Loth zZ: 28 September 2010 - 01:52 PM

#3 User is offline   Mobles 

• Better than Mack
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:T-Freak

Posted 28 September 2010 - 02:07 PM

do what most teams do, buy an air compresser, and a air tank fill station, then buy a bunch of Steel air tanks...Problem solved, plus its 20 times easier to fill tanks now
Life is short, get off your couch
[IMG-]http://i215.photobuc...eak/meeko-1.jpg[-/IMG]
Posted Image

#4 User is offline   ger 

• Shine
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 28 September 2010 - 02:48 PM

There is a local (to me) gas supply company - propane, CO2, dry ice, etc. - that used to fill tanks but I've never used them for anything other than propane once. Check to see if there's any local suppliers like that around you. Do you have a Praxair (or the like) near you? Not certain if they deal w/ individual fills like that, but it's worth a shot.
ger
You bought the brand, not my allegiance.

#5 User is offline   bluej 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:bluej

Posted 29 September 2010 - 06:39 PM

Thanks for the ideas. I've just recently started looking for a bulk supplier, but haven't found anywhere/anyone yet. If anyone knows a specific place I can buy in bulk let me know--anywhere in the state would be ok cause if I could get it in bulk then won't have to make as many trips. Again thanks for the replies--my family and I appreciate it :)
Paintballerís prayer:
Dear God; so far today, I have not lost my temper, I have not cursed, yelled, stormed off, thrown my marker down, or tried to wipe off a hit. I have shown good sportsmanship, been courteous to all, and politely listened to the advice of my teammates.
But God, in a moment the horn will sound and the first game will start, and Iím really going to need your help from here on out. Amen

Lifeís crazy! Iím just embracing it.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users