Posted 26 June 2009 - 02:01 PM
1. Any barrel longer than 14" is not any more accurate and merely wastes air.
2. There is no such thing as a 'sniper barrel.' My $122 14" Stiffi barrel will outshoot your $40 'sniper barrel' any day.
3. CO2=Not cool. Buy a regulator or HPA tank before a raised sight rail and red dot sight.
4. A bigger, heavier gun means you will be much less tight in bunkers and present a bigger target, not to mention you won't be able to run as fast.
5. All paintball guns shoot about the same distance, unless you get a flatline or apex (which only increase your range not your accuracy or effectiveness at range).
6. Tippmann does not make high end guns. Don't kid yourself into thinking so.
7. Buy performance upgrades before you buy aesthetic upgrades- this goes for everyone.
8. Don't try to be a sniper.
If you don't believe me, check out webdog.specialopspaintball.com and watch the "Mythbusting Paintball Snipers" video.
Feel free to post any other things that paintball snipers need to learn!
98% of paintballers will say Tippmann is the best. If your one of the 2% that don't, add this to your sig.
Put this in your signature if you are between 16 and 18 and pay for your own gear.
Posted 26 June 2009 - 02:13 PM
Actually, there is one kind of sniper that does exist in paintball.
Example images courtesy the Special Ops BST section.
That said, seeing as this thread appears to be a discussion, I'll throw in my actual thoughts outside of the WGP Sniper / clones.
This argument has lasted since... forever. Players on both sides make the same argument that belongs to their respective side. Absolutely nothing gets done. Then some new guy brings it up a few months later (sometimes with greater frequency), and it happens all over again.
Is it really productive or even just "new"? Not really.
This post has been edited by Thalion: 26 June 2009 - 02:28 PM
Posted 26 June 2009 - 02:22 PM
Posted 26 June 2009 - 02:54 PM
I'm neurotic, I need to see more people. I'm schizophrenic, I AM other people! - Veritech Squad
Posted 26 June 2009 - 02:58 PM
those legitimately are snipers.
Posted 26 June 2009 - 03:10 PM
What Im trying to say is that there is such a thing as a paintball sniper, but out of all of those who call themselves a sniper, only 5% are acctualy a sniper
"I dont like paying for the same realestate twice" - General George S. Patton
Posted 26 June 2009 - 03:25 PM
"8. Don't try to be a sniper."
-What am I supposed to do then when I am wearing a full Action Ghillie suit with a Tac Cap on my A-5A2 with a point sight. Why would Spec Ops make the DVD Fear the Sniper if they didn't think the Sniper had an impact or wasn't important in paintball.
* Don't want to offend any one here. It is just when people say that snipers don't exist in paintball, it is like to me saying that speedball is amazing and woosball is dumb.
Posted 26 June 2009 - 04:37 PM
Accuracy isn't the only thing that counts for a "sniper". Silence (and porting) counts just as much as accuracy.
And my 14" CP once piece will give me roughly the same accuracy as a Stiffi.
HPA only gives you consistently, and consistently hitting nothing is not something I favor.
In a speedball court, this is entirely valid. In the woods, it's entirely pointless. If I'm a sniper, I'm naturally avoiding bunkers. I'm also laying down, which reduces my profile irregardless of my gun.
And? Give a 98c and I can run circles around newbies armed with Egos, Matrixes, or Angels. You do not need a high end to shoot accurately.
No thanks. I'm just as happy with my BT Delta Elite (which I bought mostly for aesthetics) as I have been with an SLG, PMR, or Matrix.
Because you've made a really convincing case as to why I shouldn't.
Posted 26 June 2009 - 05:00 PM
Tippmann High End???!?!?!
^^ That is made by tippmann and probably shoots a lot better than your SP1, maybe evensome of the lower end "tourney" markers. I'm not saying its a high end but I assume it shoots pretty good
So Stock Class players should buy HPA for their marker instead of a sight?
Saying C02 Isn't cool is insulting stock class players worldwide!
To arms, To arms! Grab yer pitchforks!
This post has been edited by mike7822: 26 June 2009 - 05:08 PM