Name Tapes

#1 User is offline   jhope95 

• SGTSavage
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:SGTSAVAGE

Posted 20 October 2008 - 04:28 AM

Guys,

If you are looking for Name Tapes and patches then I just found this great guy on ebay. His product is top quality, his prices are great and he's a quick shipper. I just had him do our team patches and they turned out better than expected. Here are some pics.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Check him out:
http://stores.ebay.ca/MILITARYTAPES

James
JESUS HAS MY 6!!

#2 User is offline   Bergen 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Bergen

Posted 13 November 2008 - 01:33 AM

I got two from the same guy. He does a great job and ships quick. Just to second Hope's word. Check it out! Looks pretty pro :)
Posted Image
Last Name and Team Name: Silent Pockets
2x Spec Ops Brigade Patch
2x Sabre Patch and a reverse subdued American Flag

This post has been edited by Bergen: 13 November 2008 - 01:34 AM

Tippmann A5-A2e
Spec Ops Air Thru Commando A2 Kit
X7 Lo Pro Hopper
E-Grip

#3 User is offline   Weigel21 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 13 November 2008 - 04:35 AM

Bergen, you have the reversed flag on the wrong shoulder, it's suppose to be on the right shoulder. Also, I think some states have ordinances against the use of a reversed American flag. Personally, I wouldn't wear a reversed flag as it just seems disrespectful, especially when worn wrong.

Edit.

I did some searching to find out exactly why a reversed flag is always on the right shoulder.

"Only the flag patches affixed to right shoulders of uniforms are reversed, so the blue field of stars faces forward. (Left shoulder patches aren't a problem, as the stars face forward without meddling.) The reversal was inspired by the age-old practice of carrying flags into battle. When fastened to a standard, the American flag's blue-and-white portion is always closest to the pole. A flag bearer rushing into the fray, then, would naturally lead with the stars. In fact, it would be virtually impossible to lead with the stripes as the flag would simply wilt and wrap around the pole, rather than waving triumphantly in the wind.

For a soldier to lead with shoulder-borne stripes, then, might smack of cowardice and retreat, as if the totter were backpedaling away from the conflict. The official Army guidelines on the donning of flag patches add that the forward-facing stars give "the effect of the flag flying in the breeze as the wearer moves forward." So perhaps it's best to think of every soldier as a latter-day flag bearer, leading the headlong charge into battle."

Now I understand the meaning of the reversed flag and I can say that now knowing the meaning, I would proudly wear a reversed flag on my right shoulder, but never my left.

This post has been edited by Weigel21: 13 November 2008 - 05:01 AM

#4 User is offline   Legato 

• AKA reapermen - AKA Legaqua - Resident Brass Whore
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator

Posted 13 November 2008 - 04:55 AM

Agreed. Get that flag facing properly. Old Glory Runs into battle, not away from it.

That was a big contention on our team when we made our jerseys. We had to be positive if we had the flag on them it was facing properly, or we didn't want it at all. We ended up putting it on our left sleeves so that it would look "normal" and still be worn properly. Then the jersey company still messed up and put it on the wrong sleeve, and said that's how it's supposed to go. We won't go further into that, as they messed up more later. But yeah.....

Wearing a flag in reverse is a big no no and disrespectful of anyone who has worn that flag and fought for it. The stars should always face forward, like the flag is being carried into battle, not backward, like it is retreating.

"I think wearing camo is dishonorable. No honorable player would pretend to be a tree or bush."Posted Image My Gallery - Ninja/Pirate Alliance - Marker Animations Posted ImageSpec Ops Posted Image Pump CrewSig Rules - Gen Rules & Regs - Avatar Rules - Warn Level/Reduction - Forum FAQs - Ultimate Pump Sticky - PDT

#5 User is offline   Bergen 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Bergen

Posted 17 November 2008 - 12:24 AM

Thanks for the castration for a simple case of shoulder vertigo.... :rolleyes: I obviously respect my flag and love my country for having it on my uniform in the first place. Thanks though for the heads up, it's been swapped to the other side.
Tippmann A5-A2e
Spec Ops Air Thru Commando A2 Kit
X7 Lo Pro Hopper
E-Grip

#6 User is offline   The Bear 

• The Bear
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Ghost Bear

Posted 17 November 2008 - 10:47 AM

Another good place: 1800nametapes.com. I found them through my aunt, who is in the Army and this is the place advertised on base. I got all our teams names and team name tapes done through them. Great prices, 4 names x three each plus team name x 8 plus shipping was under $25. I'm not sure if they do custom patches, but they have a decent selection of existing branch patches and flags in a variety of styles (full color, ACU, subdued, etc.). Will be going back to them as we add team members and to get some flags.

Bear
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#7 User is offline   jake9095 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 28 March 2010 - 09:16 PM

where can you get those again?

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1