Special Ops Paintball: A question that I should know the answer to, but don't - Special Ops Paintball

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

A question that I should know the answer to, but don't Newbie paintball questio Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   fmarc 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:fmarc

Posted 12 March 2008 - 11:20 PM

I am going to start playing woodsball. i was wondering: Does the paint wash out when you get hit. It seems like a waste of money to get the latest and greatest camo when it is going to stain the first time out if the paint doesn't wash out. Thanks for you patience with a newbie.

#2 User is offline   Dark Shadow Hunter 

• Screwball, one each.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Dark Shadow Hunter

Posted 12 March 2008 - 11:28 PM

Just throw your paintball clothing in the wash shortly after you get home from the field and it will be fine. Now if you are like me and wait until a day or two before your next game to wash your paintball clothing, chances are it will stain.

#3 User is offline   ag09 

• Pro Rec Baller
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:AG09

Posted 13 March 2008 - 12:17 AM

Just grab some cheap camo somewhere. Goodwill is where I go for cheap camo.

Then when you get some more experience, grab some nicer stuff if you want.
Give me an army of West Point graduates, I'll win a battle. Give me a handful of Texas Aggies and I'll win a war! - Patton
Texas Legion - Central Texas

#4 User is offline   Weigel21 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 13 March 2008 - 02:17 AM

Cheap paint has oils in it that stain. I've been shot with stuff made by B.E. and it set in and staind my BDU's before I was able to toss them in the washer a 5-6 hours later. Now the stain wasn't any bright color, it just made the BDU's have dark splotchy spots everywhere I was hit. It basicly looked dirty when clean and didn't affect the effectiveness of the camo.

#5 User is offline   Florentine 

• Group: Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 13 March 2008 - 07:14 AM

i use the cheap camo. why? cause i never get hit...lol... well i do, but its usually in the mask or my shirt, not my camo. but if you do get hit, just wipe it out after the game. i let paint go one time and now on the inside of my jacket, its pink from paint
Hey baby, wanna come over to myspace so i can twitter your yahoo till I google all over your facebook?
Feedback

Becc: "I'm not really a vegetarian, I eat some forms of sausage."

#6 User is offline   Iron__Man 

• My boomstick is bigger than yours...
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Iron_Man

Posted 13 March 2008 - 08:00 AM

View Postflorentine, on Mar 13 2008, 10:14 AM, said:

i use the cheap camo. why? cause i never get hit...lol... well i do, but its usually in the mask or my shirt, not my camo. but if you do get hit, just wipe it out after the game. i let paint go one time and now on the inside of my jacket, its pink from paint

no offence, but those are 2 of the biggest places you should have camo :D

anywhoo, brass eagle (monster ball), Evil ultra, and some pink fills have a tendency to stain. but the worst that usually happend on dark camo is a small "wet looking" spot. now on urban like ive worn, you get the color. which after a while makes it look like youve worn it to an art store all week.

you shouldnt have any real problems. i wore my camo for almost 3 years, and it really started ripping before its ability to conceal was ever stressed.
Posted Image Posted Image
THE DEATH BUNNIES! - We hate your face!-

#7 Guest_TM SNPR_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 13 March 2008 - 08:14 AM

it also depends greatly on the color of the fill:

red/pink- higher tendency to stain

purple - less likely to stain

white/ yellow/ orange- not likely to stain

it probably wouldnt be to bad an idea to get some scotch guard and give your clothes a quick spray with that.

#8 User is offline   Sheriff Matt 

• GI Matt
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Sheriff_Matt

Posted 13 March 2008 - 09:08 AM

Just wipe it off after you get hit. Try using a hose. Constantly washing your camos is going to fade them really fast. Faded/washed out camos are probably going to end up being worse than camos with a few stains.

#9 User is offline   Knightwolf16 

• Master Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Knightwolf16

Posted 13 March 2008 - 09:18 AM

I've shot a lot of paint. One of my favorite paints to shoot was also the most likely to stain. Nelson Special Forces, Navy Seal Edition. It was bright blue, impossible to wipe and it stains big time.
"Cry "Havoc!" and let slip the dogs of war." William Shakespeare
Nous sommes les seigneurs de la guerre, tremblons avant nous
The Lords of War The Lords of War on MySpace The Lords of War MSN Group Page

#10 User is offline   Assasin2213 

• Computer Tech & Love Guru
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:ASSASIN2213

Posted 13 March 2008 - 09:31 AM

sometimes the paint does not come out and when it does, after being in the wash, dont dry it cause it has a tendency to set the stain.
04 RX8 is my baby

#11 User is offline   Piller 

• Piller
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Piller

Posted 13 March 2008 - 02:38 PM

The old oil based paints really would stain. They were originally designed for marking trees and cattle - you can imagine how potent they would be in sticking to clothing.

Most paint these days will not stain - just be sure to wash your gear and clean it when you get done for the day. Anything will stain if it is allowed to set in. Try to avoid playing with red paint in particular. A lot of places outlaw not only for the reason it looks like blood, but it has a tendency to stain.

I too recommend just going with the standard used camouflage you get at the surplus store. Aside from it being a really good deal, if it rips or does stain it's no big deal. Awhile back Nelson brown box paint came out with a bad batch that literally stained everything bright white. It left everything sticky and no matter what you did you could not get it off. Everything from squeegees, to the plastic on hoppers were either ruined or left permanently scarred.
Automaggot #123 - Pump User #152 - ICE Epic Owner
"Marketing hype in paintball?! The nerve of some people. After all, we paintballers would never throw our hard earned cash into the magic box of marketing hype."

#12 User is offline   sniperu'llnvrsee 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:sniperu'llnvrsee

Posted 13 March 2008 - 03:15 PM

well from my experiances if ur playin in a 24 hr game the best thing to do is use mud to get the paint off that is if u dont have any thing else to wipe it off i know that may sound stupid but musdd is easier to get out than paint after a day or so.
you wont see me till its to late

on second thought u wont even see me than

#13 User is offline   RAYC22B 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:John Hatcher

Posted 13 March 2008 - 04:58 PM

Yeah the more you wash your camo's the faster they will fade.Try to use just water and let them drip dry or tumble dry they will last longer.

#14 User is offline   Weigel21 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 13 March 2008 - 07:20 PM

I've heard of people taking little squirt bottles with them to help remove the paint before it has a chance to set in, I don't know how well it works, but that one thing I've heard.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users