• You cannot reply to this topic

Paintball Spotting Scope Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   DonnCath 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:DonnCath

Posted 26 April 2011 - 04:55 PM

Anyone ever find a great spot, concealed in a game, watching players near and far, wishing you didnt have to shoulder your weapon to utilize your optics? Well, read on.

Materials needed

-Any scope can work, but you want a large objective lens (50 is good), variable zoom, and of course 3" or better of eye relief to accomodate your mask

-I used a rap4 punisher barrel rail, but I'm sure there are others out there

-Any vertical picatinny grip you find comfortable

Posted Image

Rest is self explanatory!

#2 User is offline   Ka1iBuR 

• The swagger of an EMPEROR!!!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Ka1iBuR

Posted 30 April 2011 - 12:25 PM

How do you stow it?

#3 User is offline   DonnCath 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:DonnCath

Posted 11 June 2011 - 04:39 AM

Simply take off the grip and scope from the rail

#4 User is offline   Sniper Cowboy 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Christian Cowboy

Posted 30 June 2012 - 10:28 PM

On one hand I can understand the merits of having a spotting scope or sight of some sort. Being able to spot and relay enemy positions can be very useful and at times indispensable when deploying squads on the field. Good intel is something any good commander appreciates greatly. But for me, I live in an area devoid of big games where this would actually be useful, so it would just be another expensive piece of gear to pack that ends up not being used.

Still, I can understand having one if you go to a lot of big games. I mean, on my T9.1, I just have the red dot that came with it for the sight, no zoom. I don't need the zoom when the farthest I can shoot and reasonably expect it to hit my target is 100 yards. But, as previously mentioned, it would be useful at big games to be able to accurately call in enemy positions, even if you are not in the same AO as the opfor squad.
As for the setup, you probably wouldn't even need an expensive optic, because the expensive ones were designed with the recoil of a rifle in mind (so's their targeting reticule isn't knocked out of sight every time you fire). As long as the image is fairly clear, you have good zoom, and as you mentioned the eye relief is enough to allow for your mask, it should work.
"Go get my flamethrower." Doc of the Whiteboard Webcomic

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users