• You cannot reply to this topic

Will SP help me? major issue

#1 User is offline   Cavdragoneb12 aka Watcher 

• Watcher is my call-handle
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Watcher, Dragon Army

Posted 02 August 2008 - 02:09 PM

So I got my ION just yesterday and guess what? The reg was cross threaded in the VA!

I wanted to change the body kit, it came in TAC-green but I also got just a black body kit I was going to put on it to make it less "inflatable jungle" and more basic speedball, if you know what I mean. Well, the mainbody and grips were ok but when I went to unscrew the reg it stopped half way. Then it wouldn't go back in! I took it to a shop and they viced it off but not without cutting off the green grip and stripping out all the threads!

My question is, will Smart Parts send me replacement parts? I already e-mailed them and am waiting for a response but I would like to know what you guys think of the situation.
I hate to have to buy a whole new reg and trigger frame because that'll cost more than what I paid for the ION in the first place. I'm hoping I'll get the parts for free or just for shipping, or at least at a major discount... this really sucks because I wanted to play all this weekend and now I can't because I got crappy marker.

"The frightening thing about [humans] is their utterly mindless determination to do whatever mindless thing it is they are determined to do."
- Douglass Adams, RIP

#2 User is offline   Tora 

• Yes, that is Barney. My Barney. No you can't have him.
  • PipPipPip

Posted 02 August 2008 - 02:13 PM

did you buy it new from SP or from your shop?
SP should replace it at no charge.
FEEDBACK

My momma raised me the be SHAMELESS!

#3 User is offline   Matt 

• ELITE Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 02 August 2008 - 02:19 PM

Try contacting the place you bought it from first.

#4 Guest_Woodsball Freak_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 02 August 2008 - 02:19 PM

They should replace it, by the way ION is Invasion of Normandy, a big scenario game. Ion is what you meant, a marker by Smart Parts.

#5 User is offline   Cavdragoneb12 aka Watcher 

• PipPip

Posted 02 August 2008 - 03:03 PM

View PostMatt, on Aug 2 2008, 04:19 PM, said:

Try contacting the place you bought it from first.

That's where they tried removing the reg. They have an "all sales final" policy with no returns and to exchange it'd be a "trade in" so I wouldn't get full value for it. They said they'd order the parts for me but it'd be like $70-85, they'd install for free. I can just install it myself and I'm sure I can find it cheaper elseware.

View PostTora, on Aug 2 2008, 04:13 PM, said:

did you buy it new from SP or from your shop?
SP should replace it at no charge.

From the shop. Will SP still replace it?

"The frightening thing about [humans] is their utterly mindless determination to do whatever mindless thing it is they are determined to do."
- Douglass Adams, RIP

#6 User is offline   Sp.Ed 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 02 August 2008 - 03:16 PM

Smart parts probably would have fixed it if your hack proshop didn't start cutting stuff off. The threads of the ASA are as such that if the reg was all the way in then there is no way it was cross threaded. Sounds like you maybe tried to remove something that should not have been removed that way....Pics would help. Smart Parts has excellent customer service but this is clearly abuse when you talk about cutting parts.

This post has been edited by Sped-SR: 02 August 2008 - 03:17 PM

The opinions and statements expressed on this site are mine alone and are not sanctioned or approved by my Employer. I also assume all legal liability for those statements.

#7 User is offline   Cavdragoneb12 aka Watcher 

• PipPip

Posted 02 August 2008 - 03:56 PM

View PostSped-SR, on Aug 2 2008, 05:16 PM, said:

Smart parts probably would have fixed it if your hack proshop didn't start cutting stuff off. The threads of the ASA are as such that if the reg was all the way in then there is no way it was cross threaded. Sounds like you maybe tried to remove something that should not have been removed that way....Pics would help. Smart Parts has excellent customer service but this is clearly abuse when you talk about cutting parts.

They cut the rubber grip off so the vice would bite the reg body. It was just spinning in the grip.
The only possible way to remove the reg is to unscrew it and that's what I was doing until it stopped fast.
As far as the reg being all the way in and not possibly being cross threaded, I've seen people strip out the threads on Tippmann 98 barrels!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Cell phone pics so sorry if they'e bad quality...

- Douglass Adams, RIP

#8 User is offline   Kodiak 

• Captain DHP
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Kodiak

Posted 02 August 2008 - 04:24 PM

Contact SP, let them know who you bought it from, what happened and what they did. Make sure you fill out your warranty card too! SP has great customer service and I have a feeling after hearing your story you'll be taken care of.

#9 User is offline   Ecellg 

• Landing gear 25' from plane.
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:ecellg

Posted 02 August 2008 - 05:14 PM

Did they tell you that they were going to do that to it before they did the cutting?
FULDA GAP 2009
Serving In The:
U.S. 3rd Mechanized Infantry Division/3rd Brigade 3-22 Infantry
NATO WILL Be Victorious This Next Year

#10 User is offline   Cavdragoneb12 aka Watcher 

• PipPip

Posted 02 August 2008 - 05:24 PM

View PostKodiak, on Aug 2 2008, 06:24 PM, said:

Contact SP, let them know who you bought it from, what happened and what they did. Make sure you fill out your warranty card too! SP has great customer service and I have a feeling after hearing your story you'll be taken care of.

Will do. I hope it turns out good. Thanks for the support.

View PostEcellg, on Aug 2 2008, 07:14 PM, said:

Did they tell you that they were going to do that to it before they did the cutting?

They did say they were going to have to cut the rubber grip off to see what's going on with the reg. I said that was fine, the cost of a little rubber is way less than a new reg... Next time I saw the marker the reg was off and the threads were all screwed up.

- Douglass Adams, RIP

#11 User is offline   JackRock 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:JackRock

Posted 02 August 2008 - 07:28 PM

View PostCavdragoneb12 aka Watcher, on Aug 2 2008, 04:03 PM, said:

Will SP still replace it?

As a person who works in a customer service office, this question scares me. I'm sure by now you're wondering why.

The simple fact is that the ONLY answer you should accept on this question comes directly and ONLY from Smart Parts. If you want to know if a company will replace an item, ask them.

Why does this scare people in my job? Because we get THOUSANDS of calls from customers who were told by others that we'd warrant some item of theirs, even though the person making the statement had no clue on the ins and outs of our policies nor were affiliated with us in any way.

In general, it's just not the best idea to ask a third party about what the second party will do. If you want a commitment, I would suggest directly contacting the group that would be in a position to actually perform/hold the commitment.
This is my sig. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My sig is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. My sig, without me, is useless. Without my sig, I am useless. I must type my sig true. I must spell better than my enemy who is trying to judge me. I must type before he ridicules me. I WILL... My sig and I know that what counts in this forum is not the rounds we fire, the noise of our burst, nor the splatter we make. We know that it is the hits that count. WE WILL HIT... Before the Admins, I swear this creed. My sig and myself are the defenders of my forum. We are the masters of our enemy. WE ARE THE SAVIORS OF MY PROFILE. - Tippmann Owner #pi

#12 User is offline   Cavdragoneb12 aka Watcher 

• PipPip

Posted 02 August 2008 - 08:02 PM

Sure JackRock, I already contacted SP and am waiting for a response. However, I have never dealt with Smart Parts before and I would like some user input as to how they deal with things. I know Tippmann's customer service is outstanding and have witnessed accounts where they would give a person brand new recievers for a 3 year old marker that cracked from wear and tear and not even charge shipping costs, but it's almost common knowledge that like 85% of people dislike SmartParts for some reason.

I really wouldn't have an opinion on this matter. If SP helps me out a lot I would recommend their services, likewise if they did nothing then I'd probably say negative of them. I'm just trying to see what people think.
So far I have to say I'm impressed with the ION for how little I payed for it, I'm just worried because I wouldn't think something as important as an air-regulator would be cross threaded in the factory...

- Douglass Adams, RIP

#13 User is offline   The Hobbit 

• Formerly Shadowlord
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 August 2008 - 01:38 PM

talk to sean scott. he will be able to help you out.
Posted Image

#14 User is offline   Cavdragoneb12 aka Watcher 

• PipPip

Posted 03 August 2008 - 02:12 PM

View PostShadowlord, on Aug 3 2008, 03:38 PM, said:

talk to sean scott. he will be able to help you out.

Who is that?

- Douglass Adams, RIP

#15 User is offline   The Hobbit 

• Formerly Shadowlord
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 05 August 2008 - 06:41 PM

he works for smart parts. he is extremely helpful and can basically get you an answer to any question
Posted Image

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users