• You cannot reply to this topic

Tac One vs. G3 Longbow Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   erik_briggs 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:erik_briggs

Posted 06 December 2009 - 07:47 PM

I've been interested in sniping since I first started playing paintball somewhere around 5 or 6 years ago. When I first found Special Ops it peaked my interest with the amazing and almost legendary AGD Longbow. At the time dropping that much money into a gun was simply not possible soI continued to play with my trusty 98. Eventually I got an Ion and still yearned for sniping which it (at the time) couldnt provide. I gave up and sold it literaly weeks before the longbow kit came out for it. Now I want to get back into paintball and have a much larger amount of monetary resources. I want to get the absolute best sniper gun I can and have read all of the articles and forums about what I will need. Still Im unsure which of the many offered guns is best for what I want to do. I know that the Tac One has and always will be a perfect and reliable accurate gun. But it is aged and Im wondering if the G3 outdoes it in accuracy or if it is more quiet. Im wondering what your opinion is on which gun is better regardless of price. Also if the Tac One then is it better to get the full longbow shroud or just buy a T2W airthru stock and a warped body tac one with a q-loader attachment (feedneck comes out of the side of the gun and out of your sight line. The T2W option seems like it would be lighter but does it have disadvantages that I wouldnt foresee. Thanks for your help guys.

#2 User is offline   TheEnd 

• I am the who when you call "Who's there?"
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:TheFear07

Posted 06 December 2009 - 09:00 PM

I don't like longbows, so I'm not going to comment on that. However the tac one is definitely a better marker than a G3. G3s are mid grade electros, tac ones are very high quality mechanicals.

Oh, and welcome to the forums.
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realized God doesn’t work that way, so I stole one and prayed for forgiveness.- Emo Philips
I don't drink these days. I'm allergic to alcohol and narcotics. I break out in handcuffs. Robert Downey Junior
Now and then I announce "I know you're listening to empty rooms". If I'm wrong then no one knows, and if I'm right, Maybe I just freaked the hell out of some secret organization.

#3 User is offline   erik_briggs 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 06 December 2009 - 10:35 PM

View PostTheEnd, on Dec 6 2009, 09:00 PM, said:

I don't like longbows, so I'm not going to comment on that. However the tac one is definitely a better marker than a G3. G3s are mid grade electros, tac ones are very high quality mechanicals.

Oh, and welcome to the forums.

Thanks and thanks for welcoming me. I've been on before its just I've lost my old account info and have no idea what my email used to be. I do seem to be leaning toward the tac one because I think itll be more accurate. Probably the most accurate gun that I can put a stock and red dots on. But then there the traditional long bow or a t2w stock and the warp body to the left with a q-loader. Im bad with decisions like these :blush: I wish shops around me had these things so i could hold them

#4 User is offline   Explosive 

• Sabre/Sneaking Guy for Xtreme Fanatics
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:-XF-Explosive

Posted 07 December 2009 - 09:06 AM

longbow kit will allow you to mount a red dot site on top of tac one.
the kit is comfortable, but adds a little more bulk and weight over all.

I have found that I prefer 21 tubes over the q loader system. Just makes for a better
over all system for sneaking around.

The T2W is a comfortable stock. Allows for more mask clearance for sighting down the top of a marker.
weight wise, it's close in weight to a Longbow shroud with gas thru stock. Of course the weight is distributed differently.

TAC ONE's are about the most accurate marker I've used - owning just about any paintball marker you can imagine.

get a TAC ONE tuned in properly and it's worry free...

Now you have to go about tracking down all the parts...many aren't produced anymore, but a few people are selling the parts...good luck!

#5 User is offline   erik_briggs 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 07 December 2009 - 12:18 PM

View PostExplosive, on Dec 7 2009, 09:06 AM, said:

longbow kit will allow you to mount a red dot site on top of tac one.
the kit is comfortable, but adds a little more bulk and weight over all.

I have found that I prefer 21 tubes over the q loader system. Just makes for a better
over all system for sneaking around.

The T2W is a comfortable stock. Allows for more mask clearance for sighting down the top of a marker.
weight wise, it's close in weight to a Longbow shroud with gas thru stock. Of course the weight is distributed differently.

TAC ONE's are about the most accurate marker I've used - owning just about any paintball marker you can imagine.

get a TAC ONE tuned in properly and it's worry free...

Now you have to go about tracking down all the parts...many aren't produced anymore, but a few people are selling the parts...good luck!

I heard about that but when I went to the AGD website they still have the gun and parts available. Im not sure if they just left it up or they are remanufacturing it. And if I did get the T2W stock id get the warped feed neck on the tac one which puts the feed neck on the side rather then the top and would work perfectly with the q-loader and allow me to sight dont the top. The clearance was especially why I was interested in the T2W along with the weight, it seems as if the shroud would add unneccesary weight. It would allow me the option of using the q-loader or longbow magazine though. That way I could change up my style of play if need be.

#6 User is offline   5N1P3R 

• Master Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 December 2009 - 05:30 PM

Tac One over the G3 no doubt...

Welcome to the sniper world :P

#7 User is offline   erik_briggs 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 07 December 2009 - 05:48 PM

I have decided to get the tac one by now lol. it seems to have overwhelming support and even on pbreview.com nobody has anything bad to say. Now to make my ghillie suit (i have extensive plans). when I'm done ill post pics but it could be a while.

#8 User is offline   5N1P3R 

• Master Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 December 2009 - 06:24 PM

Please tell me you won't be making a jute suit? :P

#9 User is offline   erik_briggs 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 07 December 2009 - 06:49 PM

View Post5N1P3R, on Dec 7 2009, 06:24 PM, said:

Please tell me you won't be making a jute suit? :P

No im thinking of going with action ghillie on the back with these patches that have bands to hold down natural vegetation, they can be sewn or ironed on. Then I wanna put a certain type of canvas on the front to make it more durable for sliding and then sew on some webbing or clips to hold them on the feet and something for the hands as well. Ill probably also have to modify it for a vest or pack of some sort and to finish it off i may buy a Tactical Concealment hood but its only available in camel brown base. is that a good base color for central florida? Any other suggestions?

#10 User is offline   5N1P3R 

• Master Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 December 2009 - 09:28 PM

Action Ghillie FTW!

#11 User is offline   Jackson 

• Resident Tiberius Expert
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:PvtDBJackson

Posted 07 December 2009 - 10:02 PM

The Longbow mags can be a bit of a pain to work with. They are very long and difficult to get in and out of the pouches. The Q-Bow setup is just a bit better overall in my opinion (coming from a T9 Longbow owner).

#12 User is offline   erik_briggs 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 08 December 2009 - 07:44 AM

I was worried about that as well. I cant imagine trying to be sneaky and dealing with 18 inch long tubes every 21 rounds. Im sure the process would not be quiet. So i believe the setup will be a warped (to the left) tac one (feed neck comes out the left side of the body) with a q-loader and a t2w stock. for a barrel i think ill go with a stiffi (maybe the bore kit) also a red dot sight on a quick release riser. Seems like the right way to go after hearing everyone.

#13 User is offline   Jackson 

• Resident Tiberius Expert
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:PvtDBJackson

Posted 08 December 2009 - 09:36 AM

View Posterik_briggs, on Dec 8 2009, 09:44 AM, said:

I was worried about that as well. I cant imagine trying to be sneaky and dealing with 18 inch long tubes every 21 rounds. Im sure the process would not be quiet. So i believe the setup will be a warped (to the left) tac one (feed neck comes out the left side of the body) with a q-loader and a t2w stock. for a barrel i think ill go with a stiffi (maybe the bore kit) also a red dot sight on a quick release riser. Seems like the right way to go after hearing everyone.

It's not that they are noisy, but more that the pouch tends to bend when there is no mag in them making it extremely difficult to get the tube back in. If you use the pouch on your leg, if you are crouched or prone it's very difficult. It's best to be standing to access them.

I've never really been a fan of carbon fiber barrels. They seem like a lot of hype to me. They're borrowing the popularity of carbon fiber in the automotive world to sell barrels for paintball. I don't see how a carbon fiber/resin bore can be made as smooth and durable as a metal barrel. I'm sure they aren't bad barrels. But I don't think their performance justifies their price. I really like Lapco barrels. But most of them are not heavily ported, so they are quite loud. The older J&J Ceramic barrels are really nice, and have a lot of porting. I'm not a huge fan of their new barrels though. The bores on them seem to be less smooth than their older barrels.

This post has been edited by Jackson: 08 December 2009 - 09:36 AM

#14 User is offline   erik_briggs 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 08 December 2009 - 12:45 PM

View PostJackson, on Dec 8 2009, 09:36 AM, said:

View Posterik_briggs, on Dec 8 2009, 09:44 AM, said:

It's not that they are noisy, but more that the pouch tends to bend when there is no mag in them making it extremely difficult to get the tube back in. If you use the pouch on your leg, if you are crouched or prone it's very difficult. It's best to be standing to access them.

I've never really been a fan of carbon fiber barrels. They seem like a lot of hype to me. They're borrowing the popularity of carbon fiber in the automotive world to sell barrels for paintball. I don't see how a carbon fiber/resin bore can be made as smooth and durable as a metal barrel. I'm sure they aren't bad barrels. But I don't think their performance justifies their price. I really like Lapco barrels. But most of them are not heavily ported, so they are quite loud. The older J&J Ceramic barrels are really nice, and have a lot of porting. I'm not a huge fan of their new barrels though. The bores on them seem to be less smooth than their older barrels.

Interesting. Sniper paintball takes alot of things into consideration. It has to be the most complicated position. Your not just worrying about hitting someone but everything down to is your barrel quiet to if your boots shine lol. On that note I bought a pair of boots today which I have to break in and "de-shine" I may work on some stuff to "ghillie" them as well. I havent put any thought into it yet. Any ideas?

#15 User is offline   Explosive 

• Sabre/Sneaking Guy for Xtreme Fanatics
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:-XF-Explosive

Posted 09 December 2009 - 02:36 PM

View Posterik_briggs, on Dec 8 2009, 02:45 PM, said:

Interesting. Sniper paintball takes alot of things into consideration. It has to be the most complicated position. Your not just worrying about hitting someone but everything down to is your barrel quiet to if your boots shine lol. On that note I bought a pair of boots today which I have to break in and "de-shine" I may work on some stuff to "ghillie" them as well. I havent put any thought into it yet. Any ideas?

View Post5N1P3R, on Dec 7 2009, 07:30 PM, said:

Welcome to the sniper world :ghillie:

what he said ^

scanned over a few responses above...

check out that Voodoo Sniper Tog I told you about over a PM. it has horizontal bands sewn into it to place natural vegetation.
Plus you can zip tie Action Ghillie netting to the TOG because it's entirely made out of mesh. My favorite thing is, it has a built
in hydropack sleeve sewn in. Many places sell the TOG with a hydro-bladder too.
Posted Image

I find 21rnd tubes a bit more fun to use. I like them on the gun better than a Qpod.
Q-loader systems can be a bit of pain to work with just like 21rnd tubes. both have their pros and cons.
it actually took me owning both to figure out which one I wanted to ultimately use.
Now the Q loader kit for certain styles of play and certain set ups is better suited.

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users