Special Ops Paintball: Cheap pistols that take cocker threads - Special Ops Paintball

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Cheap pistols that take cocker threads or regular cocker threaded guns small enough to be modded to a pistol Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Sr. Jagger McBowie 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 28 November 2011 - 12:33 PM

So my friends and I have decided to start playing games with pistols and small carbine type guns. I dusted off some of my old gear and found my beloved JJ ceramic 10" which is autococker threaded. I'm hoping to use it for a long-barrel pistol, possibly later to get a 4oz co2 tank.

So I'm trying to keep things cheap, and I was wondering if there were any ready-made pistols that take cocker threads?

Buying used isn't a problem, I often prefer older paintball gun designs.

And on the flip side of this, anyone know any decent cocker-threaded simple (AKA not actual autocockers) mechanical markers that have potential to become a pistol/carbine (size and feel wise, mostly. I can fabricate a way to clip/load).

Thanks for any and all help.

#2 User is offline   Orpackrat 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Orpackrat

Posted 28 November 2011 - 06:34 PM

I believe the SA-17 and Empire Trracer is Cocker threaded.

#3 User is offline   Sr. Jagger McBowie 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 29 November 2011 - 11:02 AM

Both of those look very promising after I read some reviews, though with some flaws.

Main thing concerning me about the SA-17 is a lot of the reviewers didn't like the loading system...It seams that it would be at a disadvantage to pistols with removable clips in terms of reload time. With the Trracer I'd just use a 10-15 round stick feed and I would have the ability to keep it fairly topped off.

I'm assuming the Trracer is going to be more accurate/consistant since it's a pump nelson valve vs. a blowback, but if I'm wrong please let me know.

Thanks for the info. I think I may need to go to a store and hold both markers.

Also, what is the reliability like on these?

#4 User is offline   Orpackrat 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Orpackrat

Posted 29 November 2011 - 07:12 PM

View PostSr. Jagger McBowie, on 29 November 2011 - 10:02 AM, said:

Both of those look very promising after I read some reviews, though with some flaws.

Main thing concerning me about the SA-17 is a lot of the reviewers didn't like the loading system...It seams that it would be at a disadvantage to pistols with removable clips in terms of reload time. With the Trracer I'd just use a 10-15 round stick feed and I would have the ability to keep it fairly topped off.

I'm assuming the Trracer is going to be more accurate/consistant since it's a pump nelson valve vs. a blowback, but if I'm wrong please let me know.

Reliability it great.

A little note about the loading system for the SA-17 and Empire Trracer, they are interchangeable.

#5 User is offline   Sr. Jagger McBowie 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 12 December 2011 - 10:08 PM

View PostOrpackrat, on 29 November 2011 - 09:12 PM, said:

View PostSr. Jagger McBowie, on 29 November 2011 - 10:02 AM, said:

Reliability it great.

A little note about the loading system for the SA-17 and Empire Trracer, they are interchangeable.

Good to know...So that means the trracer could be set up as a 10-shot carbine without the need to tilt like a stock class fairly easy?

Also I saw a video of a guy reloading it with a 10 round tube and that actually looked pretty slick, especially if you can put one in before you run out of ammo.

I'm leaning towards the trracer but I'm gonna have to visit a store and see them up close. Two bad I don't have money for both.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users