• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

E-grip Remote battery location!

#1 User is offline   ktwo 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 25 January 2005 - 12:46 AM

Some of you may remember my post about the trouble I was having with my E-grip. Well as it turns out the firing pin had rubbed a hole through the negative wire of the battery connection. with everything thats crammed in there it was probably inevitable. So I got to thinking where can I put the battery instead of in the grip itself? In the A5-A2 foregrip? No, not enough room. Then I seen the hole where the macroline would go through if I had done the complete A2 conversion. Jackpot!
I made a trip to radio shack and picked up the parts I needed to move the battery inside the buttstock: Heavy-duty 9-volt battery clip, 22 gauge wire(the smallest they had) heat shrink tubing, and a push button on/off switch.(why not?)
I cut loose the old battery clip and attached about 18 inches of wire of the appropriate color. Then I drilled a small hole just big enough to slip the two wires through and covered them with a piece of shrink tubing. I took the other end of the wires and passed these through the hole in my buttstock (glad I didn't leave off the stock part :P ). At the other end I fed the positive wire through the hole where normally you would attach your remote line to and soldered it to the switch. Then took the positive end from the battery connection and soldered it to the other post on the switch. Put the switch through the hole and snug it down with the included nut and lock washer. Dont forget to put the two wires through the lock washer and nut before you solder them to the switch. I speak from experience on that one. B)
Then attach the two negative wires together, hook up your battery wrap a small piece of foam around and tuck it into your buttstock and put the buttplate back on. One last thing, that big blue barrel lookin' thingy inside the E-grip, I believe its a capacitor(?) anyway, after you shut off your E-grip with the new switch it still holds enough charge to fire one more round. So be careful if you try this!

#2 User is offline   Cyanide 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 29 January 2005 - 06:41 PM

Thats a pretty good idea, i would do it, but not only do i not have a stock, but my E-grip doesnt work either.

#3 User is offline   Lurp 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 27 February 2005 - 10:29 PM

im haveing some prob's with my egrip it's "skiping shots" like on semi it wont shoot every shot every time.. click ... click... pow... and so on .. if you know why this is happening. please help
"De Oppresso Liber"

#4 User is offline   Legato 

• AKA reapermen - AKA Legaqua - Resident Brass Whore
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator

Posted 27 February 2005 - 11:26 PM

Lurp, on Feb 27 2005, 10:29 PM, said:

im haveing some prob's with my egrip it's "skiping shots" like on semi it wont shoot every shot every time.. click ... click... pow... and so on .. if you know why this is happening. please help

it sounds like your armature pin is going. that long thin rod that shoots out of your egrip if you remove the trigger from it while it is powered, the one that trips the sear. yeah, the more you use it the more it kinda shaves off, even the slightest millimeter can make a huge difference. eventually you need to replace it. Id call tippmann and talk to the tech department, tell them you problem. they'll more than likely send you a new armature pin for free. If i were you id ask for a few extra and a couple ratchets, as those are the most common things to go on an a5.
"I think wearing camo is dishonorable. No honorable player would pretend to be a tree or bush."Posted Image My Gallery - Ninja/Pirate Alliance - Marker Animations Posted ImageSpec Ops Posted Image Pump CrewSig Rules - Gen Rules & Regs - Avatar Rules - Warn Level/Reduction - Forum FAQs - Ultimate Pump Sticky - PDT

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users