Special Ops Paintball: Tippmann Custom Pro- low velocity-260 tops - Special Ops Paintball

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Tippmann Custom Pro- low velocity-260 tops It will not go any higher. Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   A.T.F. 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:A.T.F.

Posted 05 August 2009 - 09:07 AM

I have had this marker for about 4 years and most of the ticks have been worked out but the low velocity is one that I had develop since I switched to HPA. I was thinking it could be the regulator on the tank and it is due for a hydro soon. If that is the problem, should I upgrade my tank reg or find a way to get it adjusted? The velocity is consisent but it will not go above 260 fps.The barrel is the hammerhead shark tooth, could the short barrel affect that? It is just that everything else is functioning well and this is the last tick.(until new ones) Any help would be great.

This post has been edited by A.T.F.: 05 August 2009 - 09:09 AM

One at first, two if you try to get away and three or more if you won't stop running.

#2 User is offline   slinkyaroo 

• Gravity takes over where brains leave off.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 05 August 2009 - 09:08 AM

It's your rear bolt spring. Time for a new one.

#3 User is offline   Piller 

• Piller
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Piller

Posted 05 August 2009 - 10:34 AM

The output pressure on the tank is probably a little one the low side. The Hammerhead barrel, especially that short of one accounts for a good loss in efficiency. The main spring is also probably pretty broken in. All of those combined are what is likely reducing your velocity.

The easiest fix is to buy a spring kit and put in a new or heavier spring. For a temporary fix you can put on your stock barrel or use a CO2 tank.
Automaggot #123 - Pump User #152 - ICE Epic Owner
"Marketing hype in paintball?! The nerve of some people. After all, we paintballers would never throw our hard earned cash into the magic box of marketing hype."

#4 User is offline   A.T.F. 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 05 August 2009 - 08:26 PM

I have been using that main spring for a while and I have a few spare new ones but no stronger ones. I plan on getting the longer hammerhead barrels and that might help. Thanks for the help.
One at first, two if you try to get away and three or more if you won't stop running.

#5 User is offline   Dugg 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Cdugg

Posted 08 August 2009 - 06:55 AM

The longer barrel will make it wosre as the longer the barrel yhe more air it takes to push the ball out. You could try just putting one of your new springs in and that doesn't do it try stretching it out abit.If that works you know you need a spring kit i hear that the mad man kits are good.

Just thought of it you did not mention what else you have done to the gun. Do you have a stock on it, is it an rva type stock? The rva type is velocity adjusting and i have seen regular types effect velocity also.

DUGG

#6 User is offline   A.T.F. 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 08 August 2009 - 07:43 AM

It has a car stock, RT, Cyclone, expansion chamber, forward bottle adapter. I will look into new springs which is good that I has a few spare. But more powerful spring kits are rather cheap right.

#7 User is offline   Piller 

• Piller
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Piller

Posted 08 August 2009 - 11:21 AM

It really depends on exactly how long the barrel is. Ideally you want ~8-12 inches of unported length. That's the amount of length it takes for the gas used to fully expand and propel the paintball. Longer lengths tend to just create more drag on the paintball so they require a bit more gas to compensate. Shorter lengths don't allow the gas to expand completely before the ball leaves the barrel so once again more gas needs to be used to propel the paintball. A barrel that is a couple inches long won't make a huge difference, but a barrel a few inches short will. There's an increasing return on how much gas is wasted with each inch under the recommended length.

That's why a lot of people mistakenly say that short barrels have no "range". It's not that a shorter barrel shoots less range, it's that they aren't re-chronographing their marker after changing the barrel and they're simply shooting at a lower velocity.

Spring kits are cheap, and a great way to fine tune the marker to shoot as efficient as possible. Ideally you want your stock velocity adjuster as open as possible and the weakest spring possible that still allows you're marker to shoot the desired velocity.
Automaggot #123 - Pump User #152 - ICE Epic Owner
"Marketing hype in paintball?! The nerve of some people. After all, we paintballers would never throw our hard earned cash into the magic box of marketing hype."

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users