Tommy gun homemade tompson submachine gun Rate Topic: -----

#16 User is offline   browning .30 cal 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:David

Posted 01 March 2010 - 07:09 PM

View PostEnhander, on Mar 1 2010, 11:36 AM, said:

Very good job for a homemade project. As pretaining to the wood hardware color, Everyone is right, it needs to be a deep walnut color.

Here is a pic of my real Thompson and 98C Thompson:

Posted Image

For whatever reason the parts on my 98C (which are real Thompson Parts) didnt come stained dark enough. When I do my 3rd revision to that marker I will be staining the parts.

And yes, I know my real Thompson looks funny with that 16 inch barrel. I will be starting the process of getting the license to own a "Short Barreled Rifle" which is what it will be considered once I get the actual 10.5 in. barrel.

I have seen some of the guns you have made, they are real peices of art!!! i hope one day to make stuff that good. I am also a huge fan of you tommy gun. Is it a class three permit you need or what kind?

I am considering a solid walnut version, but there isnt enough time in the day. maybe once i garduate. i got so much to do with key club and national honor society i barely have time to spend on these forums :ThumbsUp:

thanks for the input guys!!
Looking for a Qloader set up for my 98 custom. PM if u got one for sale.

#17 User is offline   Enhander 

• Enhander
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Enhander

Posted 01 March 2010 - 07:15 PM

Thanks man :ThumbsUp: I just noticed you are from West Virginia, what county are you in? I do believe its a Class 3 License, right under the License to own and sell fully automatic SMG/MG's. It involves an extensive background check and $200. If you decide to tackle the wooden parts version, feel free to ask me any questions :wub: I also have a tutorial of how I did mine on our team website at http://fearpaintball.net

#18 User is offline   mike7822 

• Aloha!
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:MIKE7822

Posted 02 March 2010 - 02:04 PM

I hate you for having a working thompson, Enhander.
03 Prostock Pump ♦ 08 Ego

#19 User is offline   FirstTarget 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:FirstTarget

Posted 02 March 2010 - 02:47 PM

Actually anyone can own a Thompson, working, in .45 cal. It is semi only, but perfectly legal to own. Google and you will find at least two companies selling them.

#20 User is offline   Enhander 

• Enhander
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 02 March 2010 - 04:22 PM

That is correct. Mine is a semi auto version that I purchased from local gun shop. Auto Ordinance/Kahr Arms makes them.

#21 User is offline   browning .30 cal 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 02 March 2010 - 07:52 PM

View PostEnhander, on Mar 1 2010, 09:15 PM, said:

Thanks man :) I just noticed you are from West Virginia, what county are you in? I do believe its a Class 3 License, right under the License to own and sell fully automatic SMG/MG's. It involves an extensive background check and $200. If you decide to tackle the wooden parts version, feel free to ask me any questions :) I also have a tutorial of how I did mine on our team website at http://fearpaintball.net

I am in jefferson county but ill be at wvu next year!! i hope to get a class three one day, but i didnt relieze they are so expensive! i want to get a tommy gun and i also want to get a gerand and try to hunt with it.

#22 User is offline   Enhander 

• Enhander
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 March 2010 - 06:27 AM

A Garand like this one? :)
Posted Image

Our team is from Morgantown. Let me know when you come up here so you can ball with us!

#23 User is offline   browning .30 cal 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 03 March 2010 - 06:25 PM

View PostEnhander, on Mar 3 2010, 08:27 AM, said:

A Garand like this one? :D
Posted Image

Our team is from Morgantown. Let me know when you come up here so you can ball with us!

Thats a beautiful gun. how she shoot? i am huge into WWII and i am going to normandy for spring break to see it all. :) I will definitely say when im up there, its nice to know there are other serious marker builders up there!!

I am starting to work on my re designed tommy gun....with reall walnut. have you seen my thirty and fifty cals? u would like em

#24 User is offline   Enhander 

• Enhander
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 04 March 2010 - 06:18 AM

View Postbrowning .30 cal, on Mar 3 2010, 08:25 PM, said:

A Garand like this one? :P
Posted Image

Thats a beautiful gun. how she shoot? i am huge into WWII and i am going to normandy for spring break to see it all. :( I will definitely say when im up there, its nice to know there are other serious marker builders up there!!

I am starting to work on my re designed tommy gun....with reall walnut. have you seen my thirty and fifty cals? u would like em

It shoots amazing. Among the best rifles Ive ever shot. Plus it gains a lot of attention at the shooting range hehe. I seen your LMG's...good stuff! I absolutley love WWII. I have 2 projects in the works right now, a PPsh-41 AutoMag as well as a M1A1 Carbine AutoMag. I will also eventually do an Ion MP40. So much money to spend..lol

#25 User is offline   browning .30 cal 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 04 March 2010 - 01:26 PM

View PostEnhander, on Mar 4 2010, 08:18 AM, said:

A Garand like this one? :)
Posted Image

Thats a beautiful gun. how she shoot? i am huge into WWII and i am going to normandy for spring break to see it all. ;) I will definitely say when im up there, its nice to know there are other serious marker builders up there!!

It shoots amazing. Among the best rifles Ive ever shot. Plus it gains a lot of attention at the shooting range hehe. I seen your LMG's...good stuff! I absolutley love WWII. I have 2 projects in the works right now, a PPsh-41 AutoMag as well as a M1A1 Carbine AutoMag. I will also eventually do an Ion MP40. So much money to spend..lol

Wow! you have quite a bit of work ahead of you. I have been drawing up ideas for a BAR for years and i think it may be the next "total" build and a new tommy gun will be the next "remake". the M1A1 will be nice! where do you get your gun parts from?

#26 User is offline   82ndx 

• Facta Non Verba
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:82ndx

Posted 04 March 2010 - 01:30 PM

WWII weapons are gnarly! :)
Marker aesthetics that replica them are wicked.

#27 User is offline   Enhander 

• Enhander
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 04 March 2010 - 01:40 PM

View Postbrowning .30 cal, on Mar 4 2010, 03:26 PM, said:

View PostEnhander, on Mar 4 2010, 08:18 AM, said:

A Garand like this one? ;)
Posted Image

Thats a beautiful gun. how she shoot? i am huge into WWII and i am going to normandy for spring break to see it all. ;) I will definitely say when im up there, its nice to know there are other serious marker builders up there!!

Wow! you have quite a bit of work ahead of you. I have been drawing up ideas for a BAR for years and i think it may be the next "total" build and a new tommy gun will be the next "remake". the M1A1 will be nice! where do you get your gun parts from?

Wait about a week and you'll get to see my BAR X7 :)

I get my parts from a variaty of places. My Thompson parts are from http://tommygunshop.com All the other parts are from random vendors. The BAR parts i got came from www.gunpartscorp.com

#28 User is offline   jrod 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:jrodbbrook

Posted 06 March 2010 - 09:55 PM

Here's my little automag collection:

Posted Image

#29 User is offline   Niceguy74 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 07 March 2010 - 12:23 AM

jrod....those are sexy as all git!

#30 User is offline   Enhander 

• Enhander
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 March 2010 - 06:04 AM

jrod, thats awesome dude. I was going to make my M1A1 the same way. I do have a question for you. How did you make the trigger work?

Share this topic:

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users