• You cannot reply to this topic

Looking to dual wield pistols! What works the best? Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Adrenaline Junkie 

• Adrenaline Junkie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Ghost20

Posted 07 May 2007 - 04:48 PM

I'm looking to start playing with pistols. Either Dual wielding them or just using one. I saw the club for dual wielding daggers but noticed that people used all different kinds of pistols. What, in your opinion, is the best pistol for a dagger out there today? What upgrades for that pistol do you suggest? I'm really excited about buying a couple and don't want to make a pistol newb mistake so all help is appreciated!!! Thanks!
In your face, then in your base!

#2 User is offline   drummerdude1234 

• "dude call PETA!"
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Drummerdude1234

Posted 07 May 2007 - 04:57 PM

the best paintball pistol on the market today is this.

the Tiberius Arms Tac 8 pistol...

has the most real loading mechanism in my opinion

only prolem is that it would be almost impossible to dual weild 2 tac 8's beacuse the clips need 2 hands to reload...and they only hold 8 rounds per clip.

not to mention the wicked price of 2 tac 8's and clips for both...

but if ya got the money go for it!-drummer :dodgy:

This post has been edited by drummerdude1234: 07 May 2007 - 04:58 PM

Broadsword # 3 I like Moes!!!! Check Out My Band-Here!
if you've ever gotten shot in the crotch, put this in your sig! Drummers secret plan "Speical" member #11 Are you in a band?

#3 User is offline   Dark Shadow Hunter 

• Screwball, one each.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Dark Shadow Hunter

Posted 07 May 2007 - 05:00 PM

I don't know much on the topic of pistols. However since you plan on using one for your primary you should get one that has a removeable clip/magazine. Some are easier to switch out the mags/clips than others. The easiest one to reload would probably be the Tac 8 from Tiberious Arms. The Zeus and Overlord are not bad pistols either from I have seen. They have a spring fed tube on top of the barrel and underneath the barrel is where the 12 grams go. The Tac 8 has an 8 round capacity for each mag and the 12 gram is also in the magazine.

Hopefully this helps a little. If not I hope that some others who are more experienced with pistols will show up and give you more input.

#4 User is offline   Adrenaline Junkie 

• Adrenaline Junkie
  • Pip

Posted 07 May 2007 - 05:03 PM

I was looking into getting Tiberius 8's but there is no way i would be able to (or afford to) dual wield them. I was thinking about buying one for my self and one for my brother(promised i would buy him a gun for his birthday and out of pumps, markers, and pistols, he chose a pistol) and i just wanted to buy one that would last a while and perform well. Figured I'd buy both of us one and each get an extra mag or two.

#5 User is offline   Babylon 5 

• Long live Arrested Development
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Babylon 5

Posted 07 May 2007 - 05:04 PM

If you load a ball in the chamber of the Tac8 you would have an 8+1 capacity. I like the Tac 8 but then again they are a little pricey.
Automaggot #78 E-Tac, DW Fibur barrel, Apache Ricochet hopper

#6 User is offline   Marauder_Pilot 

• Thrilling Heroics
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Marauder_Pilot

Posted 07 May 2007 - 05:15 PM

The best pistol on the market today, hands-down, uncontested, is the Palmers Pursuit Shop Squall. The Squall combines amazing PPS craftsmanship and design-each Squall is custom-built to order-with a semi-auto design that has been constantly improved and updated ever since Glen Palmer built the first semi-auto marker back in the early '80s. The PPS Typhoon is one of the best mechanical markers ever built, up there with PPS Blazers and high-end Automags, and the Squall is a pistol-sized version of the Typhoon. They're some of the most accurate paintball guns you'll ever own, let alone the best pistol you'll ever own. They're more efficient and consistent then any other pistol, and well worth their admittedly hefty pricetag.

Bottom line-if you're serious about playing pistol as a primary, a Squall is the way to go.

#7 User is offline   Slivers 

• The charred ghost of Slivers
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Slivers

Posted 07 May 2007 - 05:24 PM

I wouldn't reccomend it unless you're willing to spend a lot of range time practicing.

It goes like this: regardless of inherent accuracy, a rifle style setup (stock, handgrip, fore-end) is more controlable (thus accurate) because you have at least three points of retention. Four if you're using a sling.

Most paintballers use two points or retention, two hands on the gun more or less supported with a tight body bone-on-bone position. Watch an experienced speedball player (or Rambo) and you'll get a good idea of what this looks like. It's more difficult to control, but a paintball marker doesn't recoil significantly, it works well enough.

A pistol is inherently the least controllable setup available, but it's quite possible, especially since a dagger is working close range anyway. With a single pistol, proper shooting technique calls for a 1/3 pressure grip from the dominant hand with the index finger on the trigger, enveloped by the offhand which provides the other 2/3 total pressure. Using two arms as one works to cancel out the inaccuracy caused by involuntary muscle movement. When possible, use the earth or a solid part of the environment as an extra mounting point.

I reccomend the Weaver stance with a single pistol. Dominant hand holds the marker with the arm straight and ridgid (effectively like a stock), and the offhand wraps around the dominant hand (as described above). Offside arm is bent and pulls the marker toward offside cheek, in line with dominant eye. Offside foot is foreward, and rear foot is set back about a shoulder width and a third back, as a brace. This gives you a much smaller profile profile than the military advocated Isosceles stance, which places the shooter's feet toward the target, body square, both arms fully extended. It makes more efficient use of body armor and protects vitals, but that's a non-issue in paintball. You don't want to get hit at all.

Back to dual wield…like I said, I don't reccomend it unless you're willing to spend a lot of time practicing accuracy and form. Most help with that on the internet (or anywhere else for that matter) will be nothing more than advice on style. Go with two pistols if you like, but keep the second as a backup. Face it, with a limited amount of shots, you don't want to go through them too fast. There's no spare magazine as convenient as another gun.

When you can consistently and quickly put rounds on target on the range, dual wield on the field with confidence.
Posted Image
Flying straight above the steady stream of stars.

#8 User is offline   Steed 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 May 2007 - 05:36 PM

Tiberius is probably the best pistol on the market but the issues of cost and capacity are issues that you've brought up. The next competitor is the Zeus G2+. The G2+ offers a lot, efficiency is good 25 from 1 12 on average the Quick Change cap stock (trust me thats freakin awesome) not too mention it can be turned into a carbine, coming with a 6" barrel extension. The only down I give the eus is its odd 12 gram design but its effective. It uses a small removable lever to tighten in the 12 gram, effective but odd, but not any slower then anything and gives you a great seal. There are alot of G2 to choose from including the WSP which is the same except for the barrel threading and has a moving working slide but its purely a pistol since no current barrels are available.

#9 User is offline   Adrenaline Junkie 

• Adrenaline Junkie
  • Pip

Posted 08 May 2007 - 08:53 AM

What about the Zeus G2? Can it be upgraded with some sort of stock? Like a T-stock for a pump?

#10 User is offline   DaggerBurn 

• scratch kitty scratch
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Kohburn

Posted 08 May 2007 - 09:04 AM

it really is all personal prefferance - I bought a zeus and a ptextreme to compare and ended up buying a second ptextreme.

the zeus is nice. very solidly build marker, but its noticably heavier than the ptx.
the pt's however were much more troublesome with the 12 grams which didn't matter to me since I am switching to use atleast a 3.5oz co2. I bought a second ptx to match and will be selling the zeus.

#11 User is offline   Steed 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 May 2007 - 09:29 AM

Yeah my WSP is abit heavier then my .68 but my Zeus is built much, much better.

#12 User is offline   Lil' C 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:C

Post icon  Posted 08 May 2007 - 09:31 AM

View Postdrummerdude1234, on May 7 2007, 04:57 PM, said:

only prolem is that it would be almost impossible to dual weild 2 tac 8's beacuse the clips need 2 hands to reload...and they only hold 8 rounds per clip.

Actually, not so...

One-Hand Tac-8 Reloading

1) Find cover and holster empty pistol grip-forward.
2) Press mag release button, trapping ejected magazine with digits of the same hand.*
3) Swap old magazine for new magazine.
4) Firmly insert new magazine in one smooth stroke at moderate speed.
5) Pivot pistol in holster and draw.

* If I use my thumb to press the mag release, I use my pinky to stop the mag. If I use my pinky to eject, my thumb catches. If you have small hands, you can still eject the mag one-handed, but you have to trap it against something.

This procedure can be done on either side with either hand while you cover yourself with the second pistol in your free hand.

Practice makes perfect...

Posted Image
Sigs aren't actually allowed on the Special Ops Forum, so I don't have one.

#13 User is offline   French 

• Group:Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:QC MAD KID

Posted 09 May 2007 - 01:53 PM

the mag eject like that
http://www.youtube.c...h?v=LjH7HgYEAto
INFLUENCE 09 Vaughan Vipers RXL 2k10
WARNING HEAVY METAL click me /Here my feedback
Tdot feedback Group banned# 13 MCB feedback

#14 User is offline   Factor 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Factor

Posted 09 May 2007 - 02:46 PM

View PostLil, on May 8 2007, 12:31 PM, said:

View Postdrummerdude1234, on May 7 2007, 04:57 PM, said:

Actually, not so...

One-Hand Tac-8 Reloading

1) Find cover and holster empty pistol grip-forward.
2) Press mag release button, trapping ejected magazine with digits of the same hand.*
3) Swap old magazine for new magazine.
4) Firmly insert new magazine in one smooth stroke at moderate speed.
5) Pivot pistol in holster and draw.

* If I use my thumb to press the mag release, I use my pinky to stop the mag. If I use my pinky to eject, my thumb catches. If you have small hands, you can still eject the mag one-handed, but you have to trap it against something.

This procedure can be done on either side with either hand while you cover yourself with the second pistol in your free hand.

Practice makes perfect...

i was waiting for you on this thread ... :)

Adrenaline - here's what you need to do ... click on Lil' C 's name and view member posts ... keep scrolling you'll find he has posted everything you'll ever want to know about being a pistol wielding dagger
Digitally Dangerous: Factor this ...

#15 User is offline   Aegis 

• Pronounced EE-jis
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Aegis

Posted 09 May 2007 - 04:00 PM

I run with Dual Tac 8s. Though relatively new to it, I had an overlord for quite awhile before I went to the Tacs, and my other marker is a pump. Limited paint doesn't bother me one bit ^_^.

If you haven't already played with a pistol, regardless of which ones you get, buy one at a time. Especially if you've never played with a limited paint or air setup. Its much, much different. As for the questions addressing accuracy with pistols, yeah, they'll be less accurate than any marker with a full size barrel, but thats the way it goes. Up close, I find my accuracy to be comparable to that of my Phantom with a stock barrel, with snap shooting a little bit faster and probably about equal in accuracy (which will probably change as I get more used to the Tacs). Its something you just have to be willing to accept as a trade off. I don't expect to get as many outs as I would with a full size semi or auto; each elimination seems far sweeter though. Bonus balling for me has become a double tap.

As far as I know, all Pistol Markers require two hands to reload, except for the Tac 8, and then only with some fancy handling, as noted by Lil'C. Most pistols either use a spring fed tube magazine, a 10 round fixed magazine rock and cock, or some variant. This includes the Zeus, Palmers, Phantom Pistol, PGP, Overlord, ACP, Delta 68, Sydarm, etc. The Tac 8 is infinitely easier to change than any of the tube magazines, and still requires less digital dexterity than a 10 round stick feed magazine, though I find the times comparable. Tac 8 also doesn't require the separate changing of 12 grams, which is nice. I'm still waiting for someone to make John Woo type springloaded, wrist mounted reloader for it. I'd buy two ^_^.

Overall, it comes down to personal preference. If you can, try before you buy, and make the call for yourself. I strongly, strongly recommend that no matter what, you try something, anything with a 10-15 round magazine and limited air before you make a commitment to an expensive pistol. It really requires a different way of thinking.

EDIT: As for upgrades, the only thing I can think of that might be worthwhile would be the extended barrel for the Tac 8, for an accuracy increase. Stick rails and flashy thingies on the pistol just makes it that much harder to reholster, and adding constant air or a hopper really defeats the purpose in the first place.

This post has been edited by Aegis: 09 May 2007 - 04:03 PM

"Why is Loud Stupidity so infectious?" Rana, Sa'Aquta Market Fool
Current Armory: {PPS Superstocker][Peacemaker PG][Kingman Hammer Plus][VSC Phantom][ULE Automag][Smartech Knock Off][PM1 d/f][BT TM7][UMS TRGC Tac 8][Tac 8]
Smart Parts, Doc Nickle and Tom Kaye - Nuff Said---MCB Feedback SpecOps Feedback

Share this topic:

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users