• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

SP Epiphany firing problem

#1 User is offline   Gamblin Man 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 24 October 2011 - 10:49 PM

I have a smart parts epiphany that is stock except for a QEV.
While out playing the other day it was working fine when it starting acting up.
As I would start shooting the balls wouldn't even leave the barrel and as I continued to fire they would gradually shoot further and further.
It would take about 6-7 continuous shots to reach max range. Once I let off it would start all over again.

Thanks.

#2 User is offline   Krazy8 

• User Defined
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator
  • Brigade Name:Krazy8

Posted 27 October 2011 - 02:41 PM

Sounds like you are simply having a bit of bolt stick. This is a normal problem that can be stopped by regular maintenance. Typically your problem is preceeded by periodic first shot drop off.

Very easy to remidy. Remove the breech/firing can assembly from the body, unscrew and remove the bolt.
Wipe off the outside of the bolt ad the inside of the breech/firing can assembly then lighty lube(lightly as in apply lube and wipe off excess with finger) with Sl33k (Dow33 is the same exact lube that SP repackages and labels).

Put it back together and enjoy.

If you will set a standard routine of cleaning the bolt assembly every case or two of paint you will not see this problem arrise again.

This post has been edited by Krazy8: 27 October 2011 - 02:45 PM

#3 User is offline   Gamblin Man 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 27 October 2011 - 03:05 PM

Ok thanks, but now I've got a new problem. Right after all that happened it was leaking air so I just put it away and went to a backup for the rest of the day. When I got it home to take apart and clean I found that the air was leaking out of the exhaust valve on the qev (Clippard). When I hook up the tank and start to gas up the marker I can hear it building pressure like usual but then when it gets to a certain pressure there is like a burst sound and air comes out the qev. It is just the exhaust port and not the in our outlet they are securely fastened.

#4 User is offline   Krazy8 

• User Defined
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator
  • Brigade Name:Krazy8

Posted 27 October 2011 - 08:12 PM

That QEV has a thin little diphram in there. Chances are.that that little rubber has failed.

The fix...buy a new QEV.

I have tore them down befor and tried to fix them to no avail.

I say tear down the QEV and take a good close inspection of that rubber...you might just get lucky and have a bit of debris in there creating a bad seal and be able to salvage your QEV. Just be ready to buy a new one if you find a tear in the little critter.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users