• You cannot reply to this topic

6-Man Squad Rate Topic: -----

#16 User is offline   Saifoda2 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Saifoda

Posted 22 July 2008 - 01:33 PM

Totally depends on the situation and mission -- I would train all my players to adapt to any situation and play any position when necessary. Each position (saber, broadsword, etc...) is simply a name given to a particular style of play and there CAN be certain types of guns used, but any gun be used for each position. Generally speaking though:

Recon mission: Each player a "sniper"
Movement to Contact: 2 daggers, 4 broadswords
Flanking attack: 4 daggers, 1 sabre, 1 broadsword
Attack on a MOUT area: 4 daggers, 2 sabers

For the most part though, I'd split them into 2 teams of 3 (for versatility and maneuverability)
Proud to be sponsored by: REDZ, Warpaint International, VPSByte, Action Acres, Dangerous Power
Leaders Lead from the Front

#17 User is offline   platinum marksman 

• paintballer
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:platinum marksman

Posted 22 July 2008 - 01:58 PM

Ok Saifoda thats just plain cheating...lol
My team rolls with:
1 dagger, 3 sabers, 2 broadswords, and 1 sniperish kinda dude...

Its works for most scenarios we've run into...

Lead, and if necessary, use words.

#18 User is offline   Saifoda2 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Saifoda

Posted 28 July 2008 - 05:57 PM

that's not cheating, that's just winning :-)
Proud to be sponsored by: REDZ, Warpaint International, VPSByte, Action Acres, Dangerous Power
Leaders Lead from the Front

#19 User is offline   andrew sarles 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:spyderstomper

Posted 10 August 2008 - 02:20 AM

View PostMerchant of Paint, on Jul 15 2008, 02:43 PM, said:

^^^i would cut out a sniper and use another medium rifleman

I totally agree!get rid of that sniper!!
LAST RITES BRIGADE! R.I.P.
ALWAYS TAKE OUT THE SUPERIOR THREAT FIRST!
ALWAYS PLAY FAIR!
NEVER UNDER ESTIMATE THE OPPOSITION!
REMEMBER IT'S A GAME!

#20 User is offline   lardlad 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:lardlad

Posted 28 August 2008 - 01:34 PM

Yeah, SpecOps positions aren't really super-useful, but what am I gonna say? The sort of suppressive dude.. the sniper dude.. ??

Good ideas, guys.

Tippmann Owners Club #119

#21 User is offline   JOHNQ25 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 29 August 2008 - 12:29 PM

Yeah! get rid of that sniper ...! Yeah! :P YEAH?

My friend have you ever been hit from 180feet away (60m) and still your team does't know what hit you and you got out of the game?

Ok. My team:

Team Leader- Assault
Support- 16'' A-5 mod Egrip Rampage 21pbs
Assault
Assault
Light Assault-(Me)
Scout
Sniper

The Scout operates with the Sniper depending on the situation

The Light Assault is the Scout of the main branch.

All the team has Radio, flashbangs, paintball grenades etc.

#22 User is offline   FALLENANGEL72 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:FALLENANGEL72

Posted 04 September 2008 - 06:19 PM

1 Sniper, 2 Broadswords, 3 Sabres, and a Dagger. Thats actually my real config. I have a team of 7, and thats exactly what I use, so that was an easy answer.

Sabre/Commander

RIP Raymond E. Wade
He was my grandfather. He passed away Saturday, September 6th after a lengthy battle with lung cancer.

#23 User is offline   Hurricane 

• Play Hard, Play Smart
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:TheHurricane

Posted 23 September 2008 - 05:24 PM

my Team

2 Heavies - Etek & Angel 4
3 Mediums - Proto SLG, A5, & 98c
1 Light - A5
1 Engineer / Support - Spyder MR1

+ a heavy on our team means he sits in the back laying massive amounts of paint to get out M's and L's moving.
+ a medium is the guy who ducks and runs out to the side and middle following the light for support.
+ and the light is the guy who runs right up to the opfor to get the job done.
+ a Engineer on our team carries extra paint for the team to use for long scenarios, he usually has a long barrel and doesn't get to to close to the action but has a good enough reach to get a good mark, or get a good enough shot to help us out when we need it... he also carries extra stuff like mines etc. he's a good asset.

- Hurricane

This post has been edited by Hurricane: 23 September 2008 - 08:14 PM

Team Brute Force
Generously Sponsored By:
Planet Eclipse | PnL Paintball | Valken | Visions Edge | Exalt | Energy Batteries

#24 User is offline   Eagle Eye 

• I am Become Death, Squeegier of Worlds.
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:BattleSpam

Posted 30 September 2008 - 11:30 AM

View PostJOHNQ25, on Aug 29 2008, 12:29 PM, said:

All the team has Radio, flashbangs, paintball grenades etc.

:P huh?! What field do you play on that allows flashbangs? Where do you get them from?

And one more thing: lets stop flaming the sniper position. There are plenty of other posts to do that in. If the guy runs with a sniper, then obviously it works for him.
Posted Image
Posted Image
The Paintball Sniper has already done the first step: convince you they don't exist.
Allied Superior Meritorious Service Medal recipient: D-Day 2008
"There is no "fixing" a Tippmann ... if it didn't work, there is only one reason .... you tried to clean it. Any problem a Tippmann has can be easily fixed by adding more dirt, preferably to the internals, followed by 3 drops of oil." -- Acara

#25 User is offline   magnadoid 

• Shot God
  • PipPip

Posted 30 September 2008 - 09:49 PM

Posted Image

This is my general squad movement formation. It can very easily be changed depending on the mission, but we use this one the most because of it's versatility.

1-Point man/ Dagger= Pretty self explanatory. Daggers are quick on there feet so they are the fastest ones to move when under fire. Good to have a fast person there so that they can quickly take cover.

2- Broadsword/ Squad Commander= Our Squad commander just happens to be a broadsword so that is why that position is a broadsword. But it is also good to have a broadsword there so that he can lay done some cover fire for the point man. The commander is there so that he can quickly butts the situation and lead from the front, as opposed to leading from the rear and not being up in it.

3- Hammer= This person is tasked with protecting the top left portion of the squad from a flank attack.

4- Hammer= This person is tasked with protecting the whole right side of the squad from a flank attack.

5- Sabre/ Asst. Squad Commander= This person is tasked with protecting the whole left side of the squad from a flank attack. The asst. Squad Commanders job is to systematically retreat the squad in the event that the Squad commander is hit and taken out of action. After the retreat he is to get the squad to a pre-designated point to regroup with the Squad commander and anyone else that was marked after reentering the field.

6- Rear Guard/ Sniper- This person is put with possibly the hardest job in the event of an ambush. He is to immediatly find the nearest place to his position that he can conceal himself in. The reason for this is because when your squad is ambushed you are on the enemies turf. By setting the sniper up and pulling your squad back to a point of your choosing it then becomes your turf. After the squad is set in on their new position and the enemy ambush squad advances on you the sniper takes up the rear of the enemy and waits for you to begin the attack on the front of the attackers. The sniper takes out the attackers from the rear.

*The point man is tasked with only watching from the immediate front. The 2 and 3 position are too watch the front left/right of the squad. 4 and 5 are to watch the entire flank. 6 is watching the rear and portions of the flanks. This is done because most attacks/ambushes are going to happen from the front, so you want as many eyes and ears up there as you can.

**Positions 3 and 4 should either be a medic and a demo, or a medic and an engineer. The medic is a must for the center of the squad to quickly respond to any hits. This person should have memorized or written done the number of every squad mate so that the time to getting the wounded back into action more quickly. The demo person would be to destroy enemy buildings without taking any loses are your squad, the engineer would be to repair buildings so that they can be used as a defensive position. It is up to the Team commander as to whether or not he will have a demo or engineer.
You will never see it coming!

if you've ever gotten shot in the crotch, put this in your sig!
blkob on rap4 forums

#26 User is offline   Violator 

• The Pirate King / Grammar Cop
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:The Violator

Posted 30 September 2008 - 10:37 PM

View Postsnipin, on Jul 18 2008, 08:18 AM, said:

7 paintball players. they shouldnt have just 1 job. they should know how to hide, lay paint down and move.

View Postcowcow2831, on Jul 18 2008, 08:58 PM, said:

Me, 5 paint ballers, 1 Rich kid to buy us paint

Amen... 'Nuff Said... Over and out.
This, is my BOOMSTICK!-Ash... (395 Brownie Pts)...Where do you keep your Bucccaneers? Under Me Buckin' Hat!

Ever fire two guns whilst jumping thru the air? No. Ever fire one gun whilst jumping thru the air? No!

#27 User is offline   captain ownage 

• GBG, Splat Tag, Hudson WI. St. Croix Minutemen
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:cap. andy

Posted 01 October 2008 - 09:36 PM

I would have me (commander) play as a sabre/broadsword with:

sniper - for watching our week side of the field.

1 broadswoard - long range heavy suppressive fire.

2 sabres - cover/suppressive fire and assisted flanking manuevers

2 daggers - flanking manuevers
98 custom owner
"The more you sweat during peace...the less you bleed during war"
"Do you know the binary language of moisture evaporators?"--Uncle Owen
If you think paintball snipers don't exist...you obviously haven't been owned by a real sniper.
Team captain of the ST. CROIX MINUTEMEN

#28 User is offline   Eggmoe 

• They call me "Runs With No Pants"
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Eggmoe

Posted 02 October 2008 - 07:46 PM

Just as advice to you commanders, you NEED at least 2 Daggers. They get out easy. Plus, your squad will move 'Smarter' with two pointmen- its a good system if you have two checking each other. Another necessity is at least one heavy class. Supression works great on the paintball field.
Good luck.

Eggmoe,
The friendly Dagger.

#29 User is offline   RecoilSabre 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Recoil

Posted 06 October 2008 - 09:10 AM

What missions do you carry out? Or are they just all random missions.

#30 User is offline   commando kyle 

• Feel free to salute at any time.
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Commando_Kyle

Posted 06 October 2008 - 12:45 PM

For paintball, METT is going to dictate how you will want to move, and deploy your squad. Mission, Enemy, Terrain, Time. Thats basically a simplified version of what we use in the military.

For that reason, limiting yourself into a set formation, or a set role will decrease your ability to react to change. Your troops need to be crosstrained so that they are comfortable in any role at any position in the formation. Now, its not a bad thing to have a guy who rolls out as your pointman most often, because he will be good at it (hopefully). But should he go down, you need someone that is going to fill in.

Every man can have have a specialty, and most likely will, but must be able to perform well outside that as mission dictates. For that reason, if you have a sniper, he had better be ready to work as a designated marksman in a firefight. A normal rifleman should have enough rounds to sustain some cover fire. Your heavies have to be able to run and gun with their full combat load. Your medic is just another trigger puller until someone goes down.

As a commander, its your responsibility to put your people where their strengths work the best, but to train out their weaknesses as best you can, and where you cant, work the other strengths in your squad to cover those weaknesses.

In the end, dont know if this has helped at all, but just try to remember not to limit yourself. If you plan things like this down to the last detail, and always think its going to work out this way, it wont. If you let some things run a little loose, you have room to adapt, and that is the true strength of a squad leader in woodsball.
OIF '08 OEF '09-'10
Camo Bandits-"By Force and Valor"

Share this topic:

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

3 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users