Special Ops Paintball: Big Game infor at Cousins NJ Dark Ops Game - Special Ops Paintball

• (6 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Big Game infor at Cousins NJ Dark Ops Game Rate Topic: -----

#76 User is offline   OakeeDoke 

• OakeeDoke
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:OakeeDoke

Posted 31 March 2008 - 08:54 AM

Had a great time out there. I think the biggest complaint was the air fills. Other than that, I think the game ran smoothly as it could for as many people as there were on hand. Well done!
Imminent Threat Scenario PaintBall Team (ITSPB)
Heavy Rifleman
Squad Leader, Charlie Team
My Feedback Page
Depression affects losers the most!
Proudly Sponsored By Urban Ops Paintball (www.uoarmory.com); Failure is Not an Option

#77 User is offline   splntercell 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:splntercell

Posted 31 March 2008 - 03:48 PM

View PostRogueShooter, on Mar 30 2008, 08:04 PM, said:

Well what can I say?

Not much, because I have to get my butt in bed after 48 hours now since the last time I slept... But AWESOME GAME! I'll be honest, when I heard attendance would be over 500, I had my doubts about how smoothly this game would run, since I've only ever been out with groups of 30-100 at this field, but in all honesty it was by far the best-organized and without a doubt the best overall big game/scenario I've ever played. And that's due to several things; Fred and his crew, thank you guys for running a top-notch event! Barney, you da man! Shields, you definitely WEREN'T on vacation lol! But mostly, thanks to all of the players/teams who came out today and played an amazing day of incredibly honorable, hard-charging paintball. By far this event had the least cheating and the best sportsmanship of all the paintball games I've attended, and I'm going to have to start bugging Fred to do this more often. Just need to rent a few of those portable air compressors I've seen at other events so that there are no more issues with fills like what happened today.... I got by since my Ion is crazy air-efficient, but I know a lot of people were having issues because of the air system, which is unfortunate, since at the normal Dark Ops events I've never encountered any problems with this. I know Fred was also very concerned about that, so I'm sure he'll do whatever he can to make it better next time. But for low fills to be the only negative thing I can think of about this game, that still says a lot and now I'm really disappointed that its over!

Just a few more shout-outs to some of the other teams we rolled with; thanks to Team PAIN, Darkside, Wild Goose Squadron, GOTKILLS?, Prozac, etc. etc. etc. and on the opposing side the Undertakers, Reservoir Dogs, etc. etc. etc., it was a pleasure, as always to sling paint with and against such a great group of honest players. I'm definitely looking forward to the next time we all meet out there on the field!

Besides the air fill problem i had a blast also, but the amount of air they where making wasnt the only problem with there air fill station. Relying on the pressure gauge on the hpa tank isnt the safest way to fill a tank. If the gauge on the tank isnt correct, sticks, or is just plain broke a tank can easily be overfilled. In my opinion they realy need to reonfigure the entire hpa fill system. Other then the air problems the game was great though.

#78 User is offline   D3aTH 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:D3aTH_D3aLR

Posted 31 March 2008 - 05:21 PM

I had a great time, only thing i had a problem with was the air fills too and some of the blue team when we switched side were camping the our insertion point (no camping insertions was in the rules). The refs did a great job in moving them back so it was no big deal. But I still had fun, every game has its ups and downs, all in all a good game.

This post has been edited by D3aTH: 31 March 2008 - 05:28 PM

You know that feeling you get, like someones watching you........It's just Me!..........

#79 User is offline   FREDATCOUSINS 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:PAINT57

Posted 31 March 2008 - 08:06 PM

View PostD3aTH, on Mar 31 2008, 08:21 PM, said:

I had a great time, only thing i had a problem with was the air fills too and some of the blue team when we switched side were camping the our insertion point (no camping insertions was in the rules). The refs did a great job in moving them back so it was no big deal. But I still had fun, every game has its ups and downs, all in all a good game.

Blue did recieve a 3000 pt deduction for the camping

#80 User is offline   FREDATCOUSINS 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 31 March 2008 - 08:12 PM

[/quote]

Besides the air fill problem i had a blast also, but the amount of air they where making wasnt the only problem with there air fill station. Relying on the pressure gauge on the hpa tank isnt the safest way to fill a tank. If the gauge on the tank isnt correct, sticks, or is just plain broke a tank can easily be overfilled. In my opinion they realy need to reonfigure the entire hpa fill system. Other then the air problems the game was great though.
[/quote]

we never rely on the tank gauge but we do look at them when filling. All our HP fill stations have regulators inside the fill window (you may not have been able to see them ) that is set to presure. 3k or 4500

sorry for cut from pb nation but im beat :laugh:

Well well well its done and over. What can I say omg!
One thing I thing we can all agree on is we had two of the best possible Generals in the NE leading the teams. I think the quality of the play and the player are a credit to the leaders on the field. The hard playing and honest play rolled right down hill to the walk on rentals and the credit belongs to you guys. Backing them up were the XO's who were the most busiest guys on the field dealing with missions and the roll playing tank crew.

From a field mangers stand point I have a few things to prep to pull off an event

Field Staffing. I had guys working from age 15 to 60 and all worked together like a band of brothers to make your day great and I truly am proud of the work they did that you saw and the tons of things that they did before you came. So much work went on after you left as well. The NY management remarked to me "Your guys clean this place up and you would never even know that 500+ players were here today." Most came in at 6AM and worked to 7pm or later. BIG THANKS TO MY GUYS YOU ROCKED.

Paint. To anyone that runs an event you are NUTS to not use PROCAPS. No I do not own stock in it but wish I did. Not 1 single bag of paint was turned in that I know of for dimples or leaker's. The paint shot well from any gun that I saw.

Parking. If you guys know my site I took down my pretty fence to make room and ran a Brush Hog to open up parking. I asked that you guys work with us on parking because it was going to be tight and most of you understood. We still had room for more cars when I looked at 12pm. Thank you all for rolling with the flow.

Time lines and keeping to them. Check in went well and we did have most players ready(if they wanted to be ) for the start. 500 players checked in and chronographed 9:45 game was on.

AIR I know you were waiting for me to get to this and will not make up excuses. 2 weeks before the event we had just under 200 paid. My machine in the building can and has handled 150 players no problem . So at the 200 player mark we made the call lets buy another machine. A 8,000 check goes out to our friends at Max Air in TX and bingo I'm set..... errrr nope more players hit the buy button than ever expected in the last 2 weeks before the game. Long air line is NOT what we wanted to see and trust me IF we ever get to hold another game like this here in NJ you will not see a long air line. Also air lines = players not shooting paint.

A bunch of special thanks are in order and so many to list.
You guys of course for fair and Honorable play.
The tank crew for making armor more fun then the norm !
Dark Ops Dave for endless hrs of field prep with his staff and making missions fun.
On field staff for running your butts off all day and into the night to get it all done.
Off field staff being the back bone of operations.
Cousins SI for sending in 5 top reffs for the game.
Our NY office personnel for dealing with me and making everything 100% right for the game.

Adam my building mgr for holding the fort while I was out and about.
Pete M for sales who will be leaving the CO for some big job in the real world. You will be missed bro
Mike T (Mike the Mouth) for added building support. Mike started playing before I did (over 20 yrs ago) used to be the East Coast WGP rep and is back in paint ball part time working Cousins NJ and is a new welcome addition to Cousins NJ
Dave R and the guys in the repair shed.
My air guys for nonstop passing gas
Dean for the web work and outstanding support from start to finish. Any time I had a challenge he took care of it faster than any human could.
One more guy is the Keystone Of Cousins Operations
Steve C without him we would be just another PB place

This post has been edited by FREDATCOUSINS: 31 March 2008 - 08:14 PM

#81 User is offline   Small Block 

• Old username= sbcs1085
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 31 March 2008 - 08:23 PM

What a great game at a great field!!!

1.)  My hats off to the Cousins staff.  Great job with the parking, sign in went fast, the field was great, & the refs were outstanding!!!  Every time I looked around I could find a ref, they were on top of there game and would rush right into the thick of the fight to check or pull players out.

2.)  The paint was awesome!  No in gun breaks , it flew to my opponents great.  

3.)  The red team put up a hell of a fight during the morning session (especially around the pit) and a great fight in the beginning of the afternoon.  We were all going back and forth at center flag for awhile then we (Blue) just pushed them back.  I didn't have any problems with any cheating at this game either.  Great stand up players on both sides!  I saw blue players calling other blue players out when hit, and I saw red players calling them selves out all day without any problems.

I can't wait for another game like this.  This was the best game I've been too in a long time.  Thank you to all the Cousins staff and all the players and teams that came out.  It's everyone as a whole that makes it a good game!  

Our general (Barney) and XO (Tsheilds) did a great job. All day long pulling everyone together and directing them where they were needed. I'd be more then happy to fight for either of you again!!!

This post has been edited by Small Block: 31 March 2008 - 08:25 PM

#82 User is offline   BarneyNY 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 31 March 2008 - 08:29 PM

Just wanted to stop in and thank all you guys for the great support and excellant play. Anything I asked for or wanted got done. Look forward to playing more with all you guys. Hope you guys spread out and hit some of the other big scenario games. Thanks again.
I'm the Purple Guy!!

#83 User is offline   D G 

• Team PAIN
  • PipPip

Posted 01 April 2008 - 01:37 PM

This was a great game.

Barney and Shields, you guys did an awesome job commanding our side. All the teams and individual players on the blue side did a great job demolishing the red side. Lots of fun. Our team policy prevents us from switching sides, but it was good that team prozac switched at lunch. They gave us some really good competition. Pound for pound, i'd say that they were the strongest team out there.

Fred, you and your staff did an outstanding job managing everything. The refs were very active. Their good job made the day that much more enjoyable for the players, bringing your field a good reputation.

#84 User is offline   D3aTH 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:D3aTH_D3aLR

Posted 01 April 2008 - 02:46 PM

I would go to any big games in the future held at Cousin's, NJ. It was a very honest played game in a whole. I saw players on red and blue letting there team mates know they had been hit if they didnt feel it, if thats not honest and fair play i dont know what is.
You know that feeling you get, like someones watching you........It's just Me!..........

#85 User is offline   diOs 

• Muppet Mowing For Charity
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:diOs

Posted 01 April 2008 - 04:02 PM

If cousin's can get the situation with the air fixed, they can host just about the best big game around. Maybe even cut down some trees for a bigger parking lot. lol

Hands down the price for this event couldn't be beat. Keep it like that and the next big game you will have to turn people away.
The refs were by far the best i've seen in all the games i have been to. If you didn't see one in front of you, just turn your head one way or the other and there was one not that far away. There was no understaffing here.
The paint at first, even though it looked dimpled, it shot great. I didn't have one break, I couldn't believe it. And for the price, my friends and i had no problems buying a second case each in the second half of the day.

My friends and i have already talk about going to Cousin's for their mini dark ops games held every month.

Go Blue. lol
Broadsword #70

#86 User is offline   D G 

• Team PAIN
  • PipPip

Posted 01 April 2008 - 04:12 PM

View PostdiOs, on Apr 1 2008, 07:02 PM, said:

Hands down the price for this event couldn't be beat. Keep it like that and the next big game you will have to turn people away.

yeah, from a players perspective, that crowd was just about the maximum that field could handle. you could allow more players, but it was already kinda crowded. there is such a thing as too many players on the field.

View PostdiOs, on Apr 1 2008, 07:02 PM, said:

My friends and i have already talk about going to Cousin's for their mini dark ops games held every month.

my team goes to these when we can. these are great.

#87 User is offline   cheater5 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 02 April 2008 - 04:45 PM

Fred, all I have to say, "What an awesome game"! B)
"IMMINENT THREAT" My Duty As Field Commander Of IMMINENT THREAT, Is to Never Let My Brothers Down On Or Off The Field, To Stand By Them Through Thick Or Thin, And To Fight For Them When They No Longer Have The Fight Left In Them!
Sponsored By: URBAN OPS & COUSINS PAINTBALL NJ............

#88 User is offline   FREDATCOUSINS 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 03 April 2008 - 02:50 PM

View Postcheater5, on Apr 2 2008, 07:45 PM, said:

Fred, all I have to say, "What an awesome game"! :ghillie:

Well the best part were the players .. You guys are the ones that made it Awesome. The thing I'm pondering about is By the 2end half of the day players are not willing to go all the way back to the re spawn.

1st 1/2 It was not a problem or so it seemed. I think a good % of players who were hit on red or blue around 2-3 pm were just dropping back out of sight to came back into the game on there own. Maybe I'm wrong but I can see why they were doing it if they were. I could use the holding pen's (done this in the past) to re spawn players. This take much more staff off the field however. Or I hire a team to handle it but that pumps the price up of admission.

The whole idea was billed as a no frills low cost event. Thats what got the players to come. Adding even more staff / buying prizes / doing opening and closing ceremonies all adds to the cost.

Besides the air... and Steve and I been talking about that ... We are looking to make the next event better. I am always open and like to hear from players. What works at one field may or may not work at another for all kinds of reasons.

#89 User is offline   diOs 

• Muppet Mowing For Charity
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:diOs

Posted 03 April 2008 - 03:30 PM

View PostFREDATCOUSINS, on Apr 3 2008, 04:50 PM, said:

The thing I'm pondering about is By the 2end half of the day players are not willing to go all the way back to the re spawn.

I've come to realize that, if you want to play a Big Game on a big field your going to have to walk some to get back to the re-spawn point. which i don't mind, and if i want to get back into the game fast i'm going to have to move my big butt.

View PostFREDATCOUSINS, on Apr 3 2008, 04:50 PM, said:

1st 1/2 It was not a problem or so it seemed. I think a good % of players who were hit on red or blue around 2-3 pm were just dropping back out of sight to came back into the game on there own. Maybe I'm wrong but I can see why they were doing it if they were. I could use the holding pen's (done this in the past) to re spawn players. This take much more staff off the field however. Or I hire a team to handle it but that pumps the price up of admission.

The whole idea was billed as a no frills low cost event. Thats what got the players to come. Adding even more staff / buying prizes / doing opening and closing ceremonies all adds to the cost.

Besides the air... and Steve and I been talking about that ... We are looking to make the next event better. I am always open and like to hear from players. What works at one field may or may not work at another for all kinds of reasons.

IMO, i could care less for prizes and give- a -ways, by the end of the day i'm tried and want to get home and beat the rush out the parking lot.
Please keep it a no frills and low cost event.
the only thing was the air that i saw needed to be address. From what i saw from another event, that worked out great was and air station at each re-spawn point.
So you could use the station in side the store for the re-spawn point thats right outside. That red used the first half. And the trailer for the other respawn point that blue used the first half.

Thanks
diOs
Broadsword #70

Share this topic:

• (6 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users