Special Ops Paintball: Light Saver Blitzer/Strober Tail Cap Upgrade - Special Ops Paintball

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Light Saver Blitzer/Strober Tail Cap Upgrade For your Surefire tac light. Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Kodiak 

• Captain DHP
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Kodiak

Post icon  Posted 25 October 2008 - 03:31 PM

Product Features: LIGHTSAVER® BLITZER STROBER TAIL CAP SWITCH UPGRADE
Convert your regular tactical flashlight to an advanced take-down strobing light with this revolutionary Tail Cap Upgrade from LightSaver that costs less than a factory replacement tail cap switch! An essential non-lethal tool for Military and Law Enforcement use in volatile situations.

The highly advanced “Blitzer” strobe function produces a disorienting and temporarily confusing brain response in suspects or would be assailants in dark or dim light environments. Misfire-resistant Intelligent Tail cap IQ Switch™ activates functions: Quick press and release - ON and OFF • Continuous button pressure - STROBING function (whether the flashlight is on or off – release pressure and the strobing stops and the flashlight will switch off).

Colors: Black, Olive, Tan

Bought From: Brigade Quartermasters

Cost: $24.99 + Shipping

Impressions: Came FedEx in padded envelope. Tail cap packaged in blister pack. Enclosed are card instructions. I installed it on my black Surefire G2 w/optional 120 lumen bulb. Unscrew the old cap, screw on the Light Saver. That's it. Instructions are clear and easy to understand. During testing the Light Saver tail cap worked as advertised. Turned on and off and strobed as the instructions stated.

Articles:
How can the Light Saver Help me?
High-intensity crimefighting with next-generation strobe lights

Video:

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=ImCx3JnQ-Kc

Recommendations: For a small amount of money you can turn your Surefire into a strobing tac light that works well and will disorient the OPFOR during night games.

Light Saver on the left, Stock tail cap on the right.

Posted Image

Instructions

Posted Image

#2 User is offline   mass destruction 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 25 October 2008 - 03:40 PM

Very cool but i dont think it would be so great if the light gave somebody a seizure and they werent found till morning.
(quote-Iron Eagle) This is why my preferred way of death is strapping a bomb to myself, walking into PETA HQ and detonating it.
(Quote-weltmaker2000) I don't call my guns pumps. I refer to them as euthanizers of the stupid.

#3 User is offline   Kodiak 

• Captain DHP
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Kodiak

Posted 25 October 2008 - 03:45 PM

Seizures
Most people have heard that some people prone to seizures, such as epileptics, many have seizures triggered by a strobing light. This is theoretically possible but highly unlikely. Such people can have seizures triggered by strobes of intensity and strobe rate that vary widely, and even the flickers of TV screens can trigger seizures in some susceptible people. Video games, flickering sunlight, and the strobing effect of car headlights passing by fence posts can have the same unlikely effect. The fact is that only a tiny fraction of people with epilepsy are in danger to strobe-induced seizures and only a fraction of them are in the gender and age demographic that we deal with the most. Further, the most likely strobe rate to induce these unlikely seizures is 15-20 flashes per second, well above the strobe rate of the two lights discussed below.

This post has been edited by Kodiak: 25 October 2008 - 03:48 PM

#4 User is offline   Hooligan 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:rook5243

Posted 26 October 2008 - 07:39 AM

Good stuff Kodiak. I've got the flip down ir filter on my surefire, so the flashing action should really screw with peoples nightvision at agate. I'll see if depot usa has them.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users