• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Drill press help as the name says Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Lt.Col.Vortex 

• Death itself
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 21 June 2012 - 07:05 AM

So for those of you who dont know what I do for a living, here it is.

I work ( indirectly )for banks and property managers and I take care of houses that they have reclaimed... due to repo or abandonment or whatever. And believe it or not, people leave a LOT of stuff behind. On house in particular that I was assigned to do some work for, there was a drill press ( along with a few other goodies :) ) in the house, so I took it ( yes its my job to clear and convey the house, so no I did not steal it). Its a King Feng Fu 3 speed drill press, m# KFF-6 (000985), Medalist Series.

Now I've done some looking, but the best I can find is Ebay hits. Dose anyone know anything about this company or this press?? An operators manual, or any information would be helpful.

It is in great condition and I'll post pics later today.

This post has been edited by Lt.Col.Vortex: 21 June 2012 - 07:07 AM

#2 User is offline   undeadmouse 

• Look! An undead mouse!
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:undeadmouse

Posted 21 June 2012 - 07:22 AM

The only things I could find about it was the manufacturer went out of business due to a cease and desist order from Delta in 1985, made your typical selection of bigger machinery tools (drill presses, lathes, etc.), and were medium/low sort of quality, as they were Taiwanese knock-offs of existing brands. This was from a few forum posts and the google books entry for a bunch of similar orders regarding woodworking machine manufacturers.

Besides that, any information is going to be difficult, since this was long before the internet was a thing, so manuals and parts are probably not going to be available. It is a drill press however, and in my experience a drill press is a drill press is a drill press, especially the older ones, so it isn't like they are difficult to figure out how to repair.
Hide in shame from my lack of aim! - Pump Member 112 (It's been over 2 years, okay?) ...blah dropped to 54% shot efficiency.
I'm back from a long long long time of no paintball, drooling over markers older then I am.

#3 User is offline   Lt.Col.Vortex 

• Death itself
  • PipPipPip

Posted 21 June 2012 - 04:07 PM

Thank ya much for the info. I would have done the research myself, but I had a lot of work this morning and I just wanted to see if anyone knew anything about it.

As promised, some pics.

Last pic, there is a nut missing on one of the pulleys. But simple hard ware store fix.

Attached File(s)

This post has been edited by Lt.Col.Vortex: 21 June 2012 - 04:08 PM

#4 User is offline   slinkyaroo 

• Gravity takes over where brains leave off.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 21 June 2012 - 05:18 PM

It's an average press. The pulleys on the top are for torque and speed. Most drill press manuals will work.

#5 User is offline   Lt.Col.Vortex 

• Death itself
  • PipPipPip

Posted 21 June 2012 - 05:41 PM

All I see right now is a press in my shop..one that I didn't have before, so I'm really thankful.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users