Special Ops Paintball: Tiberius Arms "First Strike" Sniper Round - Special Ops Paintball

• (14 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Tiberius Arms "First Strike" Sniper Round Rate Topic: -----

#181 User is offline   Jack 

• Master Complainer
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 16 August 2009 - 10:29 PM

I've read this whole thread and have come up with that this is exactly what puzuma says it is: a niche filler. All the wrench heads will make their own bolt action rifles and make a new style of play. A mutant love child of pump-actioneers and sniping enthusiasts. Playing with a backup will be a staple of this new breed of player. Due to the likely-hood that these players will all be using their own modified bolt action rifles of some sort, nobody's invincible. And this varitas I keep hearing about, will be the exception. Albeit a 2-sided-sword exception with a semi-auto rifle spitting 8 rounds at 6 bucks, kinda feel bad for them... as you're walking off the field.

Wonder if I can get a name change...

#182 User is offline   The Dirty Samurai 

• The Finger Of God
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:The Dirty Samurai

Posted 17 August 2009 - 12:21 PM

I didn't see anyone mention this, but if they did, I apologize for it....but....I just heard news from Lapco that they are developing a barrel for the Tiberius 8/9 that will fire both the First Strike Round or regular .68 rounds. That means you don't have to change out the barrel to switch back and forth. You just need the First Strike Magazines.
I sometimes use only my Tib 8 pistols when playing. It would be nice to be able to switch which round I want to fire with a simple change in the magazine.
Release date is TBA.
Special Ops Feedback: http://forum.specialopspaintball.com/index...showtopic=52171
PB Nation Feedback: http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=1547443
The L.O.S.T. Boys(League Of Scenario Tippmanns): http://tobewired.com/reaper

#183 User is offline   Flippy the Wonder Bunny 

• My E-MAN PART is bigger than yours
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 August 2009 - 12:29 PM

Can't a normal barrel shoot both since FS are still the same caliber?

#184 User is offline   The Dirty Samurai 

• The Finger Of God
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:The Dirty Samurai

Posted 17 August 2009 - 06:32 PM

No...the Tiberius First Strike kit only allows the new mag and barrel work together, but not with the original barrel and/or magazine.
Special Ops Feedback: http://forum.specialopspaintball.com/index...showtopic=52171
PB Nation Feedback: http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=1547443
The L.O.S.T. Boys(League Of Scenario Tippmanns): http://tobewired.com/reaper

#185 User is offline   HeadshotPhantom 

• Rockin', Cockin', and Class Stockin'
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:HeadshotPhantom

Posted 17 August 2009 - 06:58 PM

Lol I just thought of a problem with the FS. Even ordinarily in scenarios, that one long ball occasionally gets wiped because it is seen as a stray paintball and people don't know that the shooter is watching them. So imagine you shoot your 75 cents down range and have a good shot at 150 yards. At that range they wouldn't hear a decently quiet gun and to get shot from across a field and not seeing the shooter...you could run into a very expensive problem.

#186 User is offline   PhantomWookie 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 22 August 2009 - 05:10 PM

It's seems like there has to be a cheaper way to make these.

What if instead you bought a finned, hard gelatin cylinder just like the back of the FS except longer (it would have to be to keep it front heavy) that would pressure fit onto normal paintballs and would have tabs or a completely blocked center on the inside to absorb the air blast and keep the paintball from separating. Aside from a specialized feeder, you would still have to load them down the barrel "musket style" or through an enlarged feed hole open straight to the bolt, but I still think it would be worth it.

I know you guys could find a lot of potential problems with this idea (some which I've already thought of), but I want to hear your criticism so I can try to improve it.

This post has been edited by PhantomWookie: 22 August 2009 - 09:02 PM

#187 User is offline   #1predator 

• people fear the unknown. i am the unknown
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:warship

Posted 22 August 2009 - 08:40 PM

i can see that the wiping of oneshot would be a problem. thus making me want to mod myblackcell long bow to shoot the FS rounds. then u would be able to put two or more on one person with a very quiet marker. iknow that would cost you a minimum of $1.50. but thats a price i could deal with. just the thought of hitting somebody from 0 - 125 yards sounds great.

#1predator
;)
The fear lurking in the back of your brain. Thats me watching and waiting.

Quality German Shepard Puppies: Visit My Website

#188 User is offline   TheEnd 

• I am the who when you call "Who's there?"
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:TheFear07

Posted 22 August 2009 - 09:15 PM

I just can't see the practicality of using these. They are way too expensive for a normal day of play. I would be holding shots back simply because I wouldn't want to risk wasting so much cash.
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realized God doesn’t work that way, so I stole one and prayed for forgiveness.- Emo Philips
I don't drink these days. I'm allergic to alcohol and narcotics. I break out in handcuffs. Robert Downey Junior
Now and then I announce "I know you're listening to empty rooms". If I'm wrong then no one knows, and if I'm right, Maybe I just freaked the hell out of some secret organization.

#189 User is offline   #1predator 

• people fear the unknown. i am the unknown
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:warship

Posted 23 August 2009 - 07:29 AM

View PostThe End, on Aug 22 2009, 11:15 PM, said:

I just can't see the practicality of using these. They are way too expensive for a normal day of play. I would be holding shots back simply because I wouldn't want to risk wasting so much cash.

i agree that the are expensive. but that being said u can hit a target with only one maybe two shoots. and you will be far enough away that they wont hear or know where it came from. paint in itself has jumped in price itself. what i shoot went from $40 - $52 a case. plus we can call ourselves snipers instead of paintball snipers.

#1predator
:laugh:
The fear lurking in the back of your brain. Thats me watching and waiting.

Quality German Shepard Puppies: Visit My Website

#190 User is offline   gubment_man 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:GUBMENT SNIPER

Post icon  Posted 23 August 2009 - 11:29 AM

From what I've seen, these are really cool rounds and maybe the future of paintballs in general. The only problem as far as practicality is concerned is usage. Most fields have the "field paint only" rule,they cost too much and can only be used effiecently with a tiberius marker. In the end you are looking at spending about $400-$500 just to get started. I think this was intended as a scenario game ammo for those super clandestine assassination missions. tiberius should make a FS mod for other guns because most snipers probably spent a truckload on upgrading the gun they use now; like the A5, agd longbow/qbow, ion and etc. Awesome but not worth it if you dont own a tac9 .
"why does that bush have eyes?"

#191 User is offline   Lord Kyle Of Earth 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 25 August 2009 - 10:15 AM

View PostHeadshotPhantom, on Aug 17 2009, 07:58 PM, said:

Lol I just thought of a problem with the FS. Even ordinarily in scenarios, that one long ball occasionally gets wiped because it is seen as a stray paintball and people don't know that the shooter is watching them. So imagine you shoot your 75 cents down range and have a good shot at 150 yards. At that range they wouldn't hear a decently quiet gun and to get shot from across a field and not seeing the shooter...you could run into a very expensive problem.

No honest player should wipe any shot for any reason. "No one will see this" is not an excuse. If a player was doing that I'd inform a ref and have it addressed as any other cheater situation.

#192 User is offline   kage83 

• KaGe
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:kage83

Posted 25 August 2009 - 02:53 PM

View Post#1predator, on Aug 22 2009, 10:40 PM, said:

i can see that the wiping of oneshot would be a problem. thus making me want to mod myblackcell long bow to shoot the FS rounds. then u would be able to put two or more on one person with a very quiet marker. iknow that would cost you a minimum of $1.50. but thats a price i could deal with. just the thought of hitting somebody from 0 - 125 yards sounds great.

#1predator
:(

isn't the goal of paintball to mark people with only shooting once or twice anyways? maybe it's just me...but i always try an use as little paint as possible. although if this became a standard paintball it'd be the end of bonus balling...people couldn't afford to be mindless idiots anymore.
If you are a Christian paintballer, put this in your sig

#193 User is offline   Flippy the Wonder Bunny 

• My E-MAN PART is bigger than yours
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 August 2009 - 06:45 PM

View PostLord Kyle Of Earth, on Aug 25 2009, 12:15 PM, said:

View PostHeadshotPhantom, on Aug 17 2009, 07:58 PM, said:

No honest player should wipe any shot for any reason. "No one will see this" is not an excuse. If a player was doing that I'd inform a ref and have it addressed as any other cheater situation.

Who needs honesty?

View Postkage83, on Aug 25 2009, 04:53 PM, said:

View Post#1predator, on Aug 22 2009, 10:40 PM, said:

#1predator
;)

isn't the goal of paintball to mark people with only shooting once or twice anyways? maybe it's just me...but i always try an use as little paint as possible. although if this became a standard paintball it'd be the end of bonus balling...people couldn't afford to be mindless idiots anymore.

No, the goal is to get people out.

#194 User is offline   FLAMEORATOR241 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 25 August 2009 - 08:22 PM

these are dumb as hell

#195 User is offline   Set 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 20 September 2009 - 06:33 AM

The fact is there are many ways to get people out. Some shoot alot of paint and hope to over power other player. Other take there time and line there shoot up and shoot little as they can.

This post has been edited by Set: 20 September 2009 - 06:36 AM

Share this topic:

• (14 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users