Special Ops Paintball: Off to MCRD San Diego!!!!! - Special Ops Paintball

Jump to content


Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Off to MCRD San Diego!!!!! Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   O'C 

  • Machineguns!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,424
  • Joined: 29-November 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:29 Palms CA
  • Brigade Name:O'C

Posted 12 June 2008 - 10:54 PM

So the 2nd, was my last day firefighting, and the third was the last day at my work, and I graduated on the 6th. Its kind of wierd, Im done with everything! lol. And my recruiter picks me up to go up to MEPS, and I ship out to Boot Camp on the 23rd!

This post has been edited by O'C: 12 June 2008 - 10:55 PM

0

#2 User is offline   ^!) 

  • ...for tomorrow we die.
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 950
  • Joined: 08-February 07
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Not Far

Posted 13 June 2008 - 01:19 AM

hmm.... wow... you're one of them people on here I didn't actually hate... and i remember who you are, so that's something, i suppose. heh.

Remember to take an address book with you.... and about $20 in ones.



...umm.... yeah. Good luck. If you've got any questions, just PM me, and I'd be happy to answer to the best of my ability. Heck... I'll give you my mailing address if you want, and if you write me a letter, I'll write you random letters, and stuff that'll help you have a better day.... because that place sucks, especially in the summertime.


...practice pull-ups.... and go running... but don't hurt yourself. You won't be doing any "real" physical activity for about a week, so you can work out until the day you ship.... which i would reccommend.



...yep. Good luck.

This post has been edited by ^!): 13 June 2008 - 01:20 AM

Do not go gentle into that good night,
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
0

#3 User is offline   Mech CB 

  • Warn: (50%)
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 500
  • Joined: 08-March 06
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:I bet you'd like to know
  • Brigade Name:Mechanical CB

Posted 13 June 2008 - 11:00 AM

hey man good luck!!! i just got done spending 5 yrs in san diego!!! awesome city to visit!!! if you can, try to stop by the hardrock cafe and hoters downtown after you graduate. my wife just chimed in "and the hustler store". thats downtown too and has some cool stuff. if you have ANY questions about the area, let me know. i know it better than some of my local friends.

0

#4 User is offline   Ashrak 

  • Precipice
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 336
  • Joined: 01-December 07
  • Gender:Male

Posted 13 June 2008 - 11:06 AM

Good luck. Play the game. Don't let the DI's get you too down. It's their job.
Alea iacta est ~ The board is set, the pieces are moving.
~ Like the leaves of the forest when Summer is green, That host with their banners at sunset were seen:
Like the leaves of the forest when Autumn hath blown, That host on the morrow lay withered and strown. ~ Destruction of Sennacherib

~ Believe me, dear Sir: there is not in the American states a man who more cordially loves a union with his country than I do. But, by the God that made me, I will cease to exist before I yield to a connection on such terms as the United States Congress proposes; and in this, I think I speak the sentiments of America. ~ Thomas Jefferson (modernized)
Summertime Blues
0

#5 User is offline   Mech CB 

  • Warn: (50%)
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 500
  • Joined: 08-March 06
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:I bet you'd like to know
  • Brigade Name:Mechanical CB

Posted 13 June 2008 - 07:23 PM

i did a run that they had set up for the community with di's along the route to "motivate" everyone. for the most part they weren't that intimidating, but man-there was this one 6'5" ripped guy that even had this seabee a little nervous!!! hopefully you dont get that guy!!

0

#6 User is offline   O'C 

  • Machineguns!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,424
  • Joined: 29-November 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:29 Palms CA
  • Brigade Name:O'C

Posted 14 June 2008 - 07:43 PM

View Post^!), on Jun 13 2008, 01:19 AM, said:

hmm.... wow... you're one of them people on here I didn't actually hate... and i remember who you are, so that's something, i suppose. heh.

Remember to take an address book with you.... and about $20 in ones.



...umm.... yeah. Good luck. If you've got any questions, just PM me, and I'd be happy to answer to the best of my ability. Heck... I'll give you my mailing address if you want, and if you write me a letter, I'll write you random letters, and stuff that'll help you have a better day.... because that place sucks, especially in the summertime.


...practice pull-ups.... and go running... but don't hurt yourself. You won't be doing any "real" physical activity for about a week, so you can work out until the day you ship.... which i would reccommend.


...yep. Good luck.
Ha ha, thanks, yeah, youre also one of the few members that I liked, though I dont hate anybody, just dislike. lol.
But Ive been reading everything as much I can just to prepare myself for Boot Camp. Ive gotten a 100 on the IST... 20+ pullups, 109 crunches, and 9:39 mile, and Im constanly working. My recruiter thinks that theres no way, I should not get Honor Grad.
But yeah, Ill take your address, I could always use someone to write to. lol.
And as a pool function, a DI came up and PTd us for hours, and that was the only time where I questioned myself of joining. lol. And from the thousands of stories that Ive heard... Im sure Ill do it again. lol.
Thanks for everybody responding. lol.
0

#7 User is offline   Ashrak 

  • Precipice
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 336
  • Joined: 01-December 07
  • Gender:Male

Posted 14 June 2008 - 08:05 PM

View PostO, on Jun 14 2008, 10:43 PM, said:

But Ive been reading everything as much I can just to prepare myself for Boot Camp. Ive gotten a 100 on the IST... 20+ pullups, 109 crunches, and 9:39 mile, and Im constanly working.


Well you blow me away on pullps by 7+ and on the running. I still got some work to do on those. Sounds like you got the PT nailed down tight.
Alea iacta est ~ The board is set, the pieces are moving.
~ Like the leaves of the forest when Summer is green, That host with their banners at sunset were seen:
Like the leaves of the forest when Autumn hath blown, That host on the morrow lay withered and strown. ~ Destruction of Sennacherib

~ Believe me, dear Sir: there is not in the American states a man who more cordially loves a union with his country than I do. But, by the God that made me, I will cease to exist before I yield to a connection on such terms as the United States Congress proposes; and in this, I think I speak the sentiments of America. ~ Thomas Jefferson (modernized)
Summertime Blues
0

#8 User is offline   O'C 

  • Machineguns!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,424
  • Joined: 29-November 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:29 Palms CA
  • Brigade Name:O'C

Posted 15 June 2008 - 12:26 PM

View PostAshrak, on Jun 14 2008, 08:05 PM, said:

View PostO, on Jun 14 2008, 10:43 PM, said:

But Ive been reading everything as much I can just to prepare myself for Boot Camp. Ive gotten a 100 on the IST... 20+ pullups, 109 crunches, and 9:39 mile, and Im constanly working.


Well you blow me away on pullps by 7+ and on the running. I still got some work to do on those. Sounds like you got the PT nailed down tight.
Well I got PTd by a DI, and I was struggling. They really make you work as a whole.
0

#9 User is offline   bbruinsfan 

  • Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 14
  • Joined: 10-June 08
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Boston, MA

Posted 17 June 2008 - 07:05 AM

Good luck man. Hopefully you'll get honor grad. In only 3 years I'll be shipping out to Parris Island.
0

#10 User is offline   O'C 

  • Machineguns!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,424
  • Joined: 29-November 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:29 Palms CA
  • Brigade Name:O'C

Posted 17 June 2008 - 04:08 PM

View Postbbruinsfan, on Jun 17 2008, 07:05 AM, said:

Good luck man. Hopefully you'll get honor grad. In only 3 years I'll be shipping out to Parris Island.
Lol. How old are you? From the stories Ive heard, the Island sucks as far as humidity and the heat. lol.
And thank you.
0

#11 User is offline   Matt 

  • ELITE Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 5,560
  • Joined: 15-March 06
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:SoCal

Posted 18 June 2008 - 12:20 PM

Have fun and good luck. I will be going in about a year. Still have one more year of high school. :/
0

#12 User is offline   O'C 

  • Machineguns!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,424
  • Joined: 29-November 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:29 Palms CA
  • Brigade Name:O'C

Posted 18 June 2008 - 06:38 PM

View PostMatt, on Jun 18 2008, 12:20 PM, said:

Have fun and good luck. I will be going in about a year. Still have one more year of high school. :/
You know you can join the DEP right now... if youre going to be a Senior. And I would recommend that, because youll have more of a chance to get your job you want.
0

#13 User is offline   bbruinsfan 

  • Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 14
  • Joined: 10-June 08
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Boston, MA

Posted 19 June 2008 - 01:37 PM

Im 14. Yeah I know the Island sucks. But it makes men into Marines
0

Share this topic:


Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users