• You cannot reply to this topic

When I was a n00b... recalling on those innocent times... Rate Topic: -----

#31 User is offline   Philipp122 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Philipp122

Posted 24 July 2007 - 09:33 PM

View Postdruid, on Jul 24 2007, 01:53 AM, said:

...paint was 125 a case, came in aluminum tubes, it stained and you needed turpentine to get it out of your clothes.

40 round "Pocket Hoppers" were the "new rage."

The only markers around here were 007s, sl-68s, Pirhana LBs and 68 Magnums...

Your method of chrono was to aim at a spot on a piece of drywall and hope it didnt' break through...

Yep, I remember those days.

Oh wait, no I don't, I'm 15. :laugh:

125 a case, you say? I'm guessing not many teens played paintball back then? I'm having trouble affording paint and field admittance right now, and it's three times cheaper now than it was then. And that's if I buy cheap paint.

Right now I am having trouble comprehending the phrase "the good ol' days".

#32 User is offline   Pirate 

• I aim to misbehave.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:PirateCaptain

Posted 24 July 2007 - 09:52 PM

Well Phillip, that was also back when you'd shot maybe 10 shots a game. :dodgy:
My job is to be an asshole. I excel at the position.
We put our glass to the sky and lift up. And live tonight 'cause you can't take it with ya. So raise a pint for the people that aren't with us. And live tonight 'cause you can't take it with ya...
Austin Michelle Cloyd, Forever in my heart. We love you, Ayesha! Rest in Peace Tyler Hackett
Rest in Peace, Dave Brockie! Cam Cam #83

#33 User is offline   Mighty Mike 

• The Aggorilla is watching you!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:MightyMike0

Posted 24 July 2007 - 10:09 PM

when i was a noob i looked all over one site and decided 32 degrees was great :wub:

#34 User is offline   Ruckus Fox 

• Cutie! ^-^
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Ruckus Fox

Posted 24 July 2007 - 10:59 PM

View PostJXZ, on Jul 24 2007, 09:46 PM, said:

View PostRuckus Fox, on Jul 24 2007, 12:35 AM, said:

When I was a noob...I actually thought that grenades were worth the investment.

--Ruckus

They are....

Sorry...but I don't believe that for a minute. =P My reason?

1) It's a hit or miss chance if the grenade goes off on soft ground like grass and what not...so...it's a toss up for you.

2) EXPENSIVE

3) If you can hit the enemy with a grenade, you can probably shoot them. If not, move your butt.

4) It is -not- a way of "continuing to fight when you run out of paint and need to reload." I can fill a hopper a LOT quicker than I can prepare a grenade to be thrown. x_x

Just my two cents...I've moved on.

--Ruckus

#35 User is offline   druid 

• Celtic Warrior - Mo Anam Cara
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:druidsdecendant

Posted 24 July 2007 - 11:14 PM

View PostPirate, on Jul 25 2007, 12:52 AM, said:

Well Phillip, that was also back when you'd shot maybe 10 shots a game. ;)

IF that...lol. A 2-tube day was a RIOT IN PROGRESS!!!111oneone
Warped A5; M98; 68 Magnum w/ AGD 6-Pack, Automaggot #92 Custom Modder #5
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
I got my OWN smiley...

#36 User is offline   Gwac 

• Child proof caps have ruined my Happiness
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 July 2007 - 06:35 AM

When I was a newb I thought cockers were the most accurate gun.
I also thought riffling did something.

#37 User is offline   paint rocker 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:paint rocker

Posted 25 July 2007 - 07:28 AM

I also thought an E-spyder was the best gun around....

#38 User is offline   motoguy1251 

• Mustache Afficianado
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:motoguy1251

Posted 25 July 2007 - 07:55 AM

I was never too n00bish i was however very newbish. I was amazed by a squadbuster before i got the chanced to get schooled by its foulness. I also thought spyders were the best. I still like them but i know there no high end.
1Ill be on you like white on rice in a glass of milk on a paper plate in a snow storm!!
2Games: Americas Army, Battlefield 2,2142,1942,vietnam,Fear, CSS,Red Orchestra,DOD, Oblivion,GaryMod,more

#39 User is offline   stevers 

• Official Sabre #68 Official Broadsword #49
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Stevers

Posted 25 July 2007 - 09:42 AM

I bought the most awesome gun ever sold, at a wonderful price.......That's right, I bought a (hangs head in shame, even after five years): Brass Eagle Marauder; for eighty bucks. At least I learned my lesson, I bought a Tippmann 98 Custom for $140 in less than a year. Not the best gun possible, but it's still going strong. I also thought Core or Zap paintballs were the best around. Now I buy Marballizers or something in that realm.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." Winston Churchill

"Let's Roll" Todd Beamer, 9-11-01

#40 User is offline   Pirate 

• I aim to misbehave.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:PirateCaptain

Posted 25 July 2007 - 12:57 PM

View PostRuckus Fox, on Jul 24 2007, 10:59 PM, said:

View PostJXZ, on Jul 24 2007, 09:46 PM, said:

View PostRuckus Fox, on Jul 24 2007, 12:35 AM, said:

When I was a noob...I actually thought that grenades were worth the investment.

--Ruckus

They are....

Sorry...but I don't believe that for a minute. =P My reason?
1) It's a hit or miss chance if the grenade goes off on soft ground like grass and what not...so...it's a toss up for you.
2) EXPENSIVE
3) If you can hit the enemy with a grenade, you can probably shoot them. If not, move your butt.
4) It is -not- a way of "continuing to fight when you run out of paint and need to reload." I can fill a hopper a LOT quicker than I can prepare a grenade to be thrown. x_x
Just my two cents...I've moved on.
--Ruckus

You just don't know how to use them. :laugh:
Grenades are for enemies that are staying behind their bunker. It's also more effective if there are multiple enemies close together. You throw them when you're attacking a base or other objective that has defenders. It helps if you can throw it 50 feet.
And if you have an Atomic Ordnance grenade, it's going off no matter what it hits. Unless it's a year old...then it take a couple throws XD.
But yeah, at $4 to $5 a grenade. I might use one in a scenario, and never in a rec game.
My job is to be an asshole. I excel at the position.
We put our glass to the sky and lift up. And live tonight 'cause you can't take it with ya. So raise a pint for the people that aren't with us. And live tonight 'cause you can't take it with ya...
Austin Michelle Cloyd, Forever in my heart. We love you, Ayesha! Rest in Peace Tyler Hackett
Rest in Peace, Dave Brockie! Cam Cam #83

#41 User is offline   tauman5263 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 25 July 2007 - 03:15 PM

when i was a noob, i thought all paintballs were created equal...

but then my aunt gave me all of her paintballs which consisted of 3 bags of Xball Bronze and a bag of some really old paint.

i wasn't a noob for long since i did tons of research with one of my best friends, the internet :ghillie: but i have come a long way even though it has only been about a year now, lets just say that tygers "tip clips" have become instilled into my head. he even convinced me that there are no snipers in paintball.

i remember my first game, i had my tippmann 98 custom for 3 weeks [got it for christmas] and i was dying to use it in my first game of paintball. we played an outlaw match at my friends house. my friend had two brothers that wanted to play, and we invited my brother and three other kids who actually have played before. one the of the experienced players was supposed to bring his extra goggles, so that we can all play. unfortunately, we ended up with 4 pairs of goggles and 8 players. so we decided to have just a 2 on 2 tournament. one mistake we made was put the most experienced players on one team. i had the other experienced player on my team. the first match was my team vs. my brother and my friend. right at the beginning of the match my teammate ran out of co2. so it was just me. i quickly ran up the left flank and i shot out my friend who tried to flank me. then it was just me and my twin brother. i quickly switched to the other side of the field and tried to come behind him. it worked but all of a sudden my friend starts shooting at me. i give away my position to yell,
"You're out!!"
he responded with, "i thought we had two lives."
so now my brother turns around and starts shooting at me. started to snap shoot from behind the big tree i was behind. like a true noob, i became predictable and came out the same side each time. this led to me being gogged. i was furious that my friend didn't know the rules and made me give away my position.

losing this game made my team drop out of the tournament, which sucked as i set the whole thing up and i got to play only once.

wow that was alot the write, maybe i'll start a journal to record my mistakes...

*copies post onto microsoft word*
The signature in this location has been removed due to FORUM RULES VIOLATIONS. Please check this link : FORUM SIGNATURE RULES AND REGS and feel free to repost your signature according to the guidelines set by this forum.

Content inappropriate

#42 User is offline   kook 

• leet as the street
  • PipPipPip

Posted 25 July 2007 - 03:16 PM

I used to think piranha's were high end guns.
My SpecOps Feedback

Put This In Your Sig if You Work Long And Hard For Your Paintball Money
I support Mike and TechPb. Put this in your sig if you do too.

#43 User is offline   silent_spear 

• paintball master
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:silent_spear

Posted 27 July 2007 - 06:45 PM

when i was a noob, the first time i ran for the flag i ran the wrong way and since we were playing center flag i ran to my base and than i had to double back and run to the other teams base. i got shot 10 times and didnt get to deliver the flag before the end of the game. :unsure:

#44 User is offline   Spades 

• forum pizzimp
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:sgt. spades

Posted 28 July 2007 - 03:53 PM

View Postlittle_ben, on Jul 24 2007, 06:21 AM, said:

i was accutally pretty educated when i got my first gun, i had been wanting to play for a while and did alot of reserch before even getting into the game.

same
Posted Image

#45 User is offline   Krunchy 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:shadow1

Posted 30 July 2007 - 10:13 AM

oh god... its been so long since i was a noob...

backthen i played from the back center bunker often, and got only a few kills by dhooting those few guys that would run by. my favorite one was when i did that. my dad chased a player form the other team around and he happend to set up next to a bunker near to mine where i could shoot him... of cuorse i missed.. but i scared him so bad, he ran into my dads fire.. it was funny~ i love this sport.. and those days were fun!

Krunchy
Irregulators
Official SPPL Utah Qualifier Ref.

Share this topic:

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users