Special Ops Paintball: OD AR15 Aka Olive Drag Project Salvo - Special Ops Paintball

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

OD AR15 Aka Olive Drag Project Salvo Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Stomis 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Stomis

Posted 13 December 2009 - 08:48 PM

Well I had been looking for pictures and found plenty with OD clips, stocks, scopes, and rails but none the reverse with an OD body and black rest. I finally did it today and also ventured into my first attempt at baking paint. I have to say the receiver body squeezed just perfect into my old toaster oven. I used regular krylon OD green camo paint. I scuffed the stock powder coat that the Tippmanns come with with a scotch bright pad and gave it a very light dusting of green. I then toasted it :rolleyes: at about 200* with an old dish rag buffering the bottom of the body from the grate. The first time I let it go for about 15mins on each side.

After the first coat I was astonished at how fast the paint HARDENED. Yes not dried, the paint had hardened. As in the same hardened that can take weeks or months if not properly prepped and executed. So for the second coat I went a little bit heavier and got a good coat on it. I then used my heat gun to dry the paint while it was still hanging. From there it went in the toaster oven, same temperature but for about 1:30 - 2:00 hours each side. It came out nice and hardened again and I allowed it to cool slowly for about an hour.

I reassembled the gun, repositioned the accessories, and looked in awe at the thing. Baking the paint and having patience made it look factory. As far as durability goes only time will tell. If I have issues with it like I did with my old 98 then it will get soda blasted and dura baked. Visually though I'm super happy.

Attached File  SDC10364.JPG (555.24K)
Number of downloads: 70

Attached File  SDC10365.JPG (500.37K)
Number of downloads: 33

Attached File  SDC10366.JPG (598.59K)
Number of downloads: 34

#2 User is offline   bitboy12 

• Sniper Dagger Hybrid
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:D.I.Y.

Posted 14 December 2009 - 07:00 PM

That's one puurty marker if I may say so :P
Got me a Salvo on the way for my christmas gift and i am for sure getting all OD accesories...just gotta kno first if a magpul pmag (airsoft or ballistic) will fit in the mag well.

#3 User is offline   Stomis 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Stomis

Posted 14 December 2009 - 08:40 PM

View Postbitboy12, on Dec 14 2009, 09:00 PM, said:

That's one puurty marker if I may say so :P
Got me a Salvo on the way for my christmas gift and i am for sure getting all OD accesories...just gotta kno first if a magpul pmag (airsoft or ballistic) will fit in the mag well.

Well I know that real mags fit with no issues and since most serious airsoft companies make exact replicas (minus internals) I dont see why not.

Thanks for the compliment. What do you plan on doing? Other way round? OD clip, grips, scope, butt, and rails?

#4 User is offline   ger 

• Shine
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 15 December 2009 - 02:18 PM

Nice work Stomis. Doing the marker body & not the accessories is a very nice look. I encouraged my cousin to do his A-5 (M4 mod) the same way & it looks great.

Krylon makes the best low budget paint available & it works great on the plastic/metal parts of a paintball marker. I've got my A-5 done up w/ it & it's held extremely well. At the time I did not bake mine but wish I did. It's something that if you have the time, ability & equipment (old toaster oven) to do so, you should.

Good stuff man, congrats on the paint job.
ger
You bought the brand, not my allegiance.

#5 User is offline   CSSnakeDoc 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 24 March 2010 - 07:42 PM

Very nice. This looks perfect for my TM-15...

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users