• You cannot reply to this topic

the truth about tippmanns hear me out Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   blacknighttdp 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:blacknighttdp

Posted 30 December 2009 - 04:42 PM

Ive heard a lot of tippmann bashing and would like to put my $0.02 in. now, there are a lot of guns that are both better shooting and gas efficient on the market, more expensive and in the same price range, tippmanns are a bit overpriced. they are some of the most durable guns though, for the most part there isnt much you can do to them to stop them from shooting. when getting a tippy don't bother with the e-grip, there are too many better electros out there, if you want full auto, (*or close to it anyway, get the response trigger) and cyclone feeder because no other gun can so you have a gas operated full auto*. i personally find my a5 just as fun as my ion, and yes the ion will outshoot my tippman, and the most important thing in paintball, besides safety, is to have fun.
Texas born, Texas bred, I'll be Texan till the day i,m dead

#2 User is offline   Mobles 

• Better than Mack
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:T-Freak

Posted 30 December 2009 - 04:45 PM

Welcome to the forum.

Old thread is old /thread
Life is short, get off your couch
[IMG-]http://i215.photobuc...eak/meeko-1.jpg[-/IMG]
Posted Image

#3 User is offline   blacknighttdp 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 30 December 2009 - 04:48 PM

thanks for the welcome, i haven't come across a statement like this before, not to say it isnt out there

#4 User is offline   Mobles 

• Better than Mack
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 30 December 2009 - 04:52 PM

We get alot of people saying tippys are good blah blah blah, then people saying tippys are bad blah blah blah..its doesnt really matter any more Every one knows Tippys have gone down hill.. You eventually will move on to better guns..every one does.
Posted Image

#5 User is offline   blacknighttdp 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 30 December 2009 - 04:54 PM

your not wrong, they have gone downhill like so many others

#6 User is offline   ricky mroz 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:ricky

Posted 30 December 2009 - 05:37 PM

i think tippys are perfectly fine i dont see how theyve gone downhill

#7 User is offline   UWANNAGO 

• Im kind of a big deal, people know me
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators
  • Brigade Name:UWANNAGO

Posted 30 December 2009 - 05:40 PM

View Postricky mroz, on Dec 30 2009, 06:37 PM, said:

i think tippys are perfectly fine i dont see how theyve gone downhill

Then you never used a tippy when they were good.

Everything the OP said is true...for the most part...and we arent denying it...but tippmanns just arent what they used to be and are now almost always associated with new players.

/thread

#8 User is offline   Mobles 

• Better than Mack
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 30 December 2009 - 06:01 PM

yeah i agree with OP, its just ive seen this thread 457 times (yeah i count)
Posted Image

#9 User is offline   SFC. Connell 

• *Extreme Strategist*
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:SFC. Connell

Posted 30 December 2009 - 06:27 PM

haha. I agree T. same thread different date. I also agree with the OP as well. Yes tippys can be good, yes paintball is based on fun, but for me being an avid paintballer and tippy fan, I keep my tippy now just as a backup cause I know it will shoot.
Feedback

She faked a funeral so people would come visit?
ROFLMAO That's both terrible and hilarious at the same time.-Pirate

#10 User is offline   Piller 

• Piller
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Piller

Posted 30 December 2009 - 07:21 PM

They're not bad markers. But if you've played a Pro/Carbine or any other pre-Model 98 marker its not hard to understand why they are believed to have gone downhill.

Relative to many markers they are durable, but I think these days it's a just a perception more than anything. Blowbacks in general are hard to mess up. Likewise, the Tippmanns these days are made with stamped metal in a clamshell body. Compared to the very thick milled, annodized aircraft grade aluminum found in the carbine series, 98s and A-5s both feel and look cheap. The clamshell body also makes for rather tedious disassembly. They've swapped metal power tube's for plastic ones, and metal triggers for plastic ones. For a little while they had issues with sear metal being too wear and wearing out quickly. Not long ago they outsourced to China like everyone else, which always leads to more concerns over quality. As far as durability the older ones were tanks. The newer ones fall short in either their cast metal cracking, poor powdercoat jobs flaking off, plastic power tubes cracking, or general inconsistency. Many other markers produced are just as durable. Automags with their stainless steel body and carbon fiber grip frame could just as easily lift a car as survive being run over by one. Countless other markers made out of metal can withstand lots of abuse. Tippmann's perceived durability today comes in a large part from the real durability of their older markers.

That said, Tippmanns do have their niche in the market as a simple, yet crude, marker for the masses. It's always been that way, but it just over the past serveral years that their generally crude yet practical designs have ever been considered cheap.

I never moved on from my Pro/Carbine or wanted anything better. If anything I regressed into pump markers and even simpler designs rather than the masses that go for electros. It has never needed any parts replaced, and never broken down. It's fun to fire, just as blowbacks should be - especially when running from a siphon tank. For straight CO2, it also manages very good consistency, and at the time it was made even the stock barrel was relatively well crafted.

This post has been edited by Piller: 30 December 2009 - 07:22 PM

Automaggot #123 - Pump User #152 - ICE Epic Owner
"Marketing hype in paintball?! The nerve of some people. After all, we paintballers would never throw our hard earned cash into the magic box of marketing hype."

#11 User is offline   jake9095 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 28 March 2010 - 08:45 PM

They are most deffentetely the most reliable!

#12 User is offline   Iron__Man 

• My boomstick is bigger than yours...
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Iron_Man

Posted 30 April 2010 - 05:48 PM

to me, i have always been fond of tippmanns. my first marker was a 98c, bought in 05. next i had a 68 carbine. then a-5's. then an ion, an F8, and a few pistols and pumps. have yet to throw down on an x-7 or phenom, but whenever i get the cash, it'll be a phenom. however i picked up a pro lite yesterday and im going out tomorrow sans double trouble to take the ol girl out to the woods old school style. i prefer the handling and ergonomics of the pro lites and carbines to the 98's, but i would give my left arm to get a pro lite or carbine a cyclone.

as far as gas efficiency goes, thats a moot argument. either carry more air, get a reg, or carry less ammo. it sounds like a gyp, but honestly guys, when was the last time you were in the woods and were worried about being able to shoot a case on a single fill? usually (and i know im gonna get flamed for it) but its the players faults for excessive chronoing, dry firing, or test firing before games that eats the air....and wasting shots. and then it gets blamed on the marker being a gas hog. hog or not, it shoots balls, and it will use air.they all do. i cant tell you how many times ive seen players complain about air when they forgot to get a fill before they went back on the field. the other end is chrono speed and barrel length. not many people use barrels longer than 16 inches, but we already laugh at those who do, so i'll leave them alone.

anywhoo, i think the only real crap that tippmann has pumped out is the triumph. i wouldnt even waste my money on one of those for a prank. but the c3 is THE MOST EFFICIENT MARKER IN THE WORLD. sure its a pump, but give me one other good reason (other than the proverbial smell/heat) that it isnt the most air efficient marker on the planet. therefore making tippmann a leader in the industry for longevity of air consumption. sure some of the newer tippies might have component flaws like the ones mentioned above, but they are easily solved. for one example, aluminum power tubes. enough said.

looks are opinion, and no ones opinions can be proven wrong. i personally think autocockers look like someone forgot to design an all encompassing shell, but hey, that guy with the cocker might think my DT is the craziest looking contraption he's ever seen.

as far as electronics go, my personal preference is gatlin cranks. field owners cant complain, no batteries, and the ROF is as fast or slow as i feel like. they are the best kept secret in paintball.

so yes, i have owned electros and enjoyed them, but nothing can deny tippmanns their place as the standard battle tested workhorses of paintball. sure there's plenty of cool looking and more efficient markers, but try fixing an electronic problem like a solenoid at a field. unless you have a spare, or technical know how that wont turn your marker into a paperweight, tippmanns get the medal for idiot proofness, the same standard idea our military employs.
Posted Image Posted Image
THE DEATH BUNNIES! - We hate your face!-

#13 User is offline   I.K.E. 

• A Militia of One
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:I.K.E.

Posted 30 April 2010 - 05:58 PM

They sell them at Wal-Mart. Tippmann is the new Brass Eagle.

That's the threadkiller.

(Lets hope they don't totally drop to the BE depths.)

This post has been edited by I.K.E.: 30 April 2010 - 06:00 PM

"I love Kaesie because Florentine said so."Bushball is Australian for Woodsball. SOFA Best Grammar '010
Grammar Police Co-Commander Badge #1 IKE & Ike '09 STUDMUFFIN Debater of the 1st Order of Ashrak ASH123
"Overkill is underrated." -Col. John "Hannibal" Smith
Posted Image ... another Staff granted wish.

#14 User is offline   txhazard 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 30 April 2010 - 08:23 PM

View PostIron__Man, on Apr 30 2010, 05:48 PM, said:

to me, i have always been fond of tippmanns. my first marker was a 98c, bought in 05. next i had a 68 carbine. then a-5's. then an ion, an F8, and a few pistols and pumps. have yet to throw down on an x-7 or phenom, but whenever i get the cash, it'll be a phenom. however i picked up a pro lite yesterday and im going out tomorrow sans double trouble to take the ol girl out to the woods old school style. i prefer the handling and ergonomics of the pro lites and carbines to the 98's, but i would give my left arm to get a pro lite or carbine a cyclone.

as far as gas efficiency goes, thats a moot argument. either carry more air, get a reg, or carry less ammo. it sounds like a gyp, but honestly guys, when was the last time you were in the woods and were worried about being able to shoot a case on a single fill? usually (and i know im gonna get flamed for it) but its the players faults for excessive chronoing, dry firing, or test firing before games that eats the air....and wasting shots. and then it gets blamed on the marker being a gas hog. hog or not, it shoots balls, and it will use air.they all do. i cant tell you how many times ive seen players complain about air when they forgot to get a fill before they went back on the field. the other end is chrono speed and barrel length. not many people use barrels longer than 16 inches, but we already laugh at those who do, so i'll leave them alone.

anywhoo, i think the only real crap that tippmann has pumped out is the triumph. i wouldnt even waste my money on one of those for a prank. but the c3 is THE MOST EFFICIENT MARKER IN THE WORLD. sure its a pump, but give me one other good reason (other than the proverbial smell/heat) that it isnt the most air efficient marker on the planet. therefore making tippmann a leader in the industry for longevity of air consumption. sure some of the newer tippies might have component flaws like the ones mentioned above, but they are easily solved. for one example, aluminum power tubes. enough said.

looks are opinion, and no ones opinions can be proven wrong. i personally think autocockers look like someone forgot to design an all encompassing shell, but hey, that guy with the cocker might think my DT is the craziest looking contraption he's ever seen.

as far as electronics go, my personal preference is gatlin cranks. field owners cant complain, no batteries, and the ROF is as fast or slow as i feel like. they are the best kept secret in paintball.

so yes, i have owned electros and enjoyed them, but nothing can deny tippmanns their place as the standard battle tested workhorses of paintball. sure there's plenty of cool looking and more efficient markers, but try fixing an electronic problem like a solenoid at a field. unless you have a spare, or technical know how that wont turn your marker into a paperweight, tippmanns get the medal for idiot proofness, the same standard idea our military employs.

Agree. And as for selling them for Wal-Mart thats a smart move.
"Molon Labe"

#15 User is offline   I.K.E. 

• A Militia of One
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:I.K.E.

Posted 30 April 2010 - 08:57 PM

My point was simply that they are the new entry-level. Not that they are of the same quality as BE. As a product on Wal-Mart shelves, they are now beginning to fill the niche vacated by BE. Not that it is the only thing they are doing.

But they also need to keep their eye on the ball. Don't drop quality.
"I love Kaesie because Florentine said so."Bushball is Australian for Woodsball. SOFA Best Grammar '010
Grammar Police Co-Commander Badge #1 IKE & Ike '09 STUDMUFFIN Debater of the 1st Order of Ashrak ASH123
"Overkill is underrated." -Col. John "Hannibal" Smith
Posted Image ... another Staff granted wish.

Share this topic:

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users