Special Ops Paintball: Stick with my operative V2 with no pouches, or get the NEW Dagger X? - Special Ops Paintball

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Stick with my operative V2 with no pouches, or get the NEW Dagger X? make the switch?

Poll: Operative V2 or Dagger X (5 member(s) have cast votes)

please read post first. Stick with my operative V2 with no pouches, or get the NEW Dagger X?

1. Operative V2, keep in mind I'm fairly slim dude. and I own no pouches for this. (1 votes [20.00%])

Percentage of vote: 20.00%

2. Dagger X, also keeping in mind I'm a slim dude. And this COMES with a 4+3 back and a tank pouch. (4 votes [80.00%])

Percentage of vote: 80.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 User is offline   C-F0uR 

• You exist because we allow it; you will end because we demand it
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:C-F0uR

Post icon  Posted 04 March 2010 - 04:45 PM

Hey guys, I bought an Operative V2 vest form spec ops for $30 during their sick deals promo. BUT, since I have no pouches for it, I am considering selling it to a teammate who it will actually fit it better. I'm 16, and a medium build, so the vest is a tad big on me. it's a medium. Anywho, on one hand, I can buy 4 pod pouches and a horiz. tank pouch for roughly $70, OR I can just sell my operative V2 to one of my huskier friends for $20-30 and spend that along with the 70 that I would of spent on the pouches on the NEW Dagger X that spec ops just released. It already comes with a 4+3 pod system ALONG WITH the horiz. tank pouch. I'm also thinking it would fit me better. All thoughts and reviews about these or similar products is GREATLY appreciated. (Btw, the new vest is $90 and the only thing I plan on having on it besides the pouches is a MOLLE TPX holster and 3 mag pouches. I don't know how much the weight of the pistol will affect things.) I'd much rather have a tighter fitting vest. What I'm worried about with the Dagger is the weight of the TPX pulling the vest off to one side to a tremendous amount. The only feature of the V2 I'd be losing by switching would be the integrated sling points and the mask clips, and frankly I don't really care for those anyway. I'm pretty sure I want the Dagger X, but I don't want to rush into buying it without some educated information on the matter. Does anyone think their is enough retention in the system to keep a TPX or something of simlar weight from majorly flopping around on one side? I don't wanna have my TPX bouncing everywhere when I run. Thanks. :D
Markers Owned: 32 Degrees Icon X (Sold) | Tippmann A5 (Sold) | Tippmann X7 serial no. 036020 (Sold) | Tippmann TPX serial no. 009351 | Soon to have Planet Eclipse Etek3
PS3 ID: Sk8ergamer
Home field: Zwackerz Paintball, VA
My Feedback

#2 User is offline   randomness 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:randomness

Posted 04 March 2010 - 09:02 PM

I have a similar problem as yourself... I'm 5'6" and only have a 33" chest. So really nothing fits even if I cinch it down all the way. I bought a MOLLE vest for $29.99 off of opticsplanet.com only to find out that it even if I tighten all the straps and snug up the shoulders, it's still too roomy to be secure for vigorous activity.

Barring any kind of custom made gear, I had to use a LBE type set up to mount all my pouches. And in the end it fits much better than the MOLLE vest. The Dagger X that you are looking at is very similar to a LBE vest and I feel you'd better be served going that route.

While I personally dont run with any Spec Ops vests, I have bought an Operative V2 vest for my room mate and I'm pretty sure that their gear quality is similar across the board. I think that you'll find that the internal cummerbund that Extreme Stitchworks uses on their vest set ups will do a good job securing the vest to your body and help eliminate any flopping.

From a rough estimate (based on the interval of the PALS webbing), the back panel appears to be 12"-ish, the front panel/front buckle appear to be 16"-ish, and the sides looks like they are 3"-ish when cinched tight. So, at its smallest I would estimate a 34"-ish circumference.

Also, I don't hesitate to ask question to the customer service at Spec Ops, they could answer your questions as to how snug you can get it.
"I do as I please, ... , and believe me, what I do is always well done..." - The Count of Monte Cristo

Posted Image

#3 User is offline   ger 

• Shine
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 05 March 2010 - 08:08 AM

The Dagger is very adjustable & has been reported to fit pretty small guys - so the fit will be much better than the Operative. I'm assuming however that at 16 you aren't done growing. The difference is that the Dagger will fit you now & later... the Operative you can only grow into later.

As far as the pistol - if the Operative is big on you, then it won't hold the pistol any better. I can't give you a solid answer on how secure it will be on the front panel of the Dagger. But consider this, the internal elastic belt is only secured to the back panel of the vest, not the two front panels. While it may keep the major weight of the tank & paint on your back from moving much, it does nothing for the front panels. On the other hand, the shoulder straps & side attachment points are what keep the front panels secure & they are all adjustable. So you should be able to cinch those down enough, but again, I can't say for certain re: the weight of the T8.

EDIT: That's good guessing on the sizes randomness... another guy that knows his molle ;). Although I believe the sides can be cinched down to almost nothing - just the length of the buckle. So, you should be able to get down to about an inch on each side which gets you in the 30-32" realm. But well thought out man, and... welcome to the forums!

In conclusion: Make the switch

This post has been edited by ger: 05 March 2010 - 08:16 AM

ger
You bought the brand, not my allegiance.

#4 User is offline   C-F0uR 

• PipPip

Posted 05 March 2010 - 01:55 PM

thanks guys, top notch replies. IF the TPX proves to be too much weight I may need to buy a leg holster or some other form of mounting device.
Markers Owned: 32 Degrees Icon X (Sold) | Tippmann A5 (Sold) | Tippmann X7 serial no. 036020 (Sold) | Tippmann TPX serial no. 009351 | Soon to have Planet Eclipse Etek3
My Feedback

#5 User is offline   C-F0uR 

• PipPip

Posted 06 March 2010 - 03:21 PM

As far as the vest goes, I believe I've made my mind up. I will be getting the Dagger X as soon as omnipat is back in stock. That's if specops doesn't amaze me yet again and produce an updated sabre vest or something like that. As far as the TPX on my side goes...so be it. If there is a problem with the weight, I will just get a alternate mounting platform. It's not like I would use the pistol every game anyways. While I'm talking about vests and the like, anybody have any problems with Specops vests and Dye lock lids? I may be picking those up as well.
My Feedback

#6 User is offline   ger 

• Shine
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 March 2010 - 04:57 PM

The Sabre was just like the Dagger but w/ 2 more pod pouches on the back. If you really needed more, MOATI could do a custom version for you.

Also, SO pod pouches are designed to hold the lock lids, so no problem there.
ger
You bought the brand, not my allegiance.

#7 User is offline   C-F0uR 

• PipPip

Posted 07 March 2010 - 05:45 PM

View Postger, on Mar 7 2010, 06:57 PM, said:

The Sabre was just like the Dagger but w/ 2 more pod pouches on the back. If you really needed more, MOATI could do a custom version for you.

Also, SO pod pouches are designed to hold the lock lids, so no problem there.

Thanks for the clarification. :D
My Feedback

#8 User is offline   5N1P3R 

• Master Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 09 March 2010 - 08:11 PM

I had a Blackcell vest. I had it custom fit for me...and still didn't like it. It just felt funny.

I bought the Dagger 7. Loved it.

Just sold it. Now will be getting the Dagger X. I can finally carry more than one grenade ;)

Dagger X all the way dude.

...oh and I am only 15. 5 foot 6. 125 pounds. I am small and the dagger vest was not big at all.

#9 User is offline   Thumper113 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Ace0rz

Posted 09 March 2010 - 11:39 PM

when i get my tpx im getting a MOLLE holster for it.. if it works good on the belt il keep it there, but if not.. im taking the grenade holder off my broadsword vest and putting it there
Special Ops Paintball Elite - Earned at Living Legends 3
Paintball Explosion
FTP inc.

#10 User is offline   cdrinkh20 

• The Dragon Reborn
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:cdrinkh20

Posted 15 March 2010 - 07:27 PM

For me, during scenarios, I end up crawling a fair bit through the brush - anything as large as a pistol on my chest would definitely get in the way.

I would vote getting the leg holster for your TPX. :blink:

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users